• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have one when I carried cash on the reg. now I have a bank that refunds my atm surcharges up to $30ish, so I rarely have cash on me anymore. I do have a card wallet which is kind of the same principle (small and thin vs a billfold).

Kraftwerk

I used to have one when I carried cash on the reg. now I have a bank that refunds my atm surcharges up to $30ish, so I rarely have cash on me anymore. I do have a card wallet which is kind of the same principle (small and thin vs a billfold).

Yeah, I will get a card wallet someday. The only ones that appeal to me aesthetically are all $200+ :( so I'm not in a hurry to get one. Damn you Alfred Dunhill ;___;

dried

Neo Member
I don't know if this has been asked. Where do you short, skinny guys buy nice clothes? I'm 5'4" and I don't like clothes shopping because usually the clothes are bigger than my size.

Manshion Gaf need advice.

What do you guys think:

RJXO9.jpg

Material: 63% Polyester/26% Acrylic/4% Wool/3% Polyamide/2% Cotton/2% Viscose, All Recycled Fabric

Material: 100% Organic Cotton

Price 75.00 Plus I got a 15% off code.

Thanks.

Chinner

Banned
hey im looking for some good jeans. used to have a pair of naked and famous jeans which were pretty own, and recently i've been wearing cheap monday jeans. but i want some blue raw jeans that are not fitted/slim but not stupidly skinny.

any suggestions? i'm in the uk also.

hey im looking for some good jeans. used to have a pair of naked and famous jeans which were pretty own, and recently i've been wearing cheap monday jeans. but i want some blue raw jeans that are not fitted/slim but not stupidly skinny.

any suggestions? i'm in the uk also.

what was wrong with the n&f ones? if those fit well then get raws from them, there's also apc, nudie, dior homme, unbranded from urban outfitters and uniqlo.

speaking of uniqlo i am loving their heattech stuff

bob page

Manshion Gaf need advice.

What do you guys think:

Material: 63% Polyester/26% Acrylic/4% Wool/3% Polyamide/2% Cotton/2% Viscose, All Recycled Fabric

Material: 100% Organic Cotton

Price 75.00 Plus I got a 15% off code.

Thanks.
First one.

Also, check Frank & Oak- they have some pretty cheap blazers and sport coats that have a good fit/quality for the price.

Rocking the button up under the peacoat. Just for you guys.

looks good on you. throw a scarf on under your coat to complete the look!

nice hair as well. i would suggest for your next haircut, do the same you did for the sides/back. i would consider not cutting any length on the top for a little bit. maybe visit the OP of the men's hair thread and decide if you want the top layered/texturized/etc. but i would keep growing out the top more so you can get a more defined looking part in your hair.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
looks good on you. throw a scarf on under your coat to complete the look!

nice hair as well. i would suggest for your next haircut, do the same you did for the sides/back. i would consider not cutting any length on the top for a little bit. maybe visit the OP of the men's hair thread and decide if you want the top layered/texturized/etc. but i would keep growing out the top more so you can get a more defined looking part in your hair.

Thanks!

I don't think I have ever worn a scarf. Where do you guys get them and how are they to be worn? The peacoat seems to need one since the top is more open.

Chinner

Banned
Yeah I couldn't find any in the UK either, had to go with Levis in the end. Did you check all the hipster skate shops in Leeds?

there used to be a shop in leeds that sold them but they closed down. there are some shops that may sell something like them probably.

Boken

Banned
I just bought these:

41GYkyO-ghL._SS424_.jpg

Timberland Earthkeepers. What do I do before I start wearing them? I mean do I treat the leather somehow, apply something on the shoes to keep the leather protected or something?

I bought them on a whim, I was actually looking for another pair of Dockers (after my last one broke).

I assume they are an oiled leather - which means you dont have to do anything to protect them since they are already coated! After multiple wears, the oil will start to have worn off, and then you will want to clean, and then reoil the leather.

To break them in, just wear really thick socks and tighten the laces as tight as you comfortably can.

Oiled leather boots in general are pretty tough, so just enjoy them!

GiJoccin

went to the drake's of london pop up shop in nyc today... loved what they had

LXjOXl.jpg

wElbLl.jpg

25tzGl.jpg

was badly in need of a scarf, and wanted to round out my tie collection. plus sprang for my first blazer.

Man, I throw this shirt on when I don't feel like putting effort into my outfits and yet it gets complimented every time I wear it. No love for oxford shirts or minimalist sweaters in my neighborhood.

Rocky_102511_0020.png

GiJoccin

Get some oxford shoes and you're gold

those ARE jeans i'm wearing. i have a pair of clark's that should go with that outfit

if i did wear some nicer pants, i have a pair of allen edmonds that i could put on

i try to avoid dressier shoes with jeans, not sure if that's a real rule or not

Thanks!

I don't think I have ever worn a scarf. Where do you guys get them and how are they to be worn? The peacoat seems to need one since the top is more open.
Slip knot is a pretty easy way to go. That's my personal favorite, seems to go with just about everything.

Ooo, ooo. We're sharing pea coat images.

Posted this about a month-ish ago, I think:
Every time I come into this thread I leave wanting a peacoat. I hate you guys.

Man, I throw this shirt on when I don't feel like putting effort into my outfits and yet it gets complimented every time I wear it. No love for oxford shirts or minimalist sweaters in my neighborhood.
It's because that shirt is awesome. I'm actually somewhat considering style jacking you and looking into something like that myself. I need a few decent, non-tacky graphic tees.

those ARE jeans i'm wearing. i have a pair of clark's that i would wear with that outfit

if i did wear some nicer pants, i have a pair of allen edmonds that i could put on

i try to avoid dressier shoes with jeans, not sure if that's a real rule or not
It's less about the jeans and more about what you have on top. Essentially, the blazer/tie takes priority here and you'll want to compliment them with something of the same variety, hence the oxford recommendation. Your Allen Edmonds will look miles better with that outfit.

Lirlond

With dark jeans dressy shoes can look pretty good. Lighter jeans look kinda awkward though.

Also that jumper is fucking sweet. I want that.

GiJoccin

It's less about the jeans and more about what you have on top. Essentially, the blazer/tie takes priority here and you'll want to compliment them with something of the same variety, hence the oxford recommendation. Your Allen Edmonds will look miles better with that outfit.

Hmm, I'll definitely try them on with the jeans. I walk around and see all of these middle aged men with untucked dress shirts, jeans, and oxfords as their go-to going out attire, and they more or less all look terrible, and resolved to never do that.

Never really gave jeans + oxfords a second thought, even if I dressed it up.

And I'd love to have more outfits to wear my shoes with rather than just dress clothes.

Plain black works for some but others look like a bad 50's characters.

Grey works, Sometimes with a subtle pattern. Is it a regular tie or a skinny tie?

I find that you have to be really careful when you wear a black shirt with a white tie, if not done right it can look almost as bad as the black shirt and red tie combo.

Plain black works for some but others look like a bad 50's characters.

Grey works, Sometimes with a subtle pattern. Is it a regular tie or a skinny tie?

It's a regular tie, bit shinier than normal too. I was hoping to find a lighter blue shirt with either white stitching or white stripes to go with it. Found some that weren't my size; found another shirt too but the base of the shirt was too close to white and I don't want to look foolish. Has to be blue to go with the navy vest I have to wear with it.

Can't do a black shirt, like you said it doesn't work for some people; I'm one of them

HKnightz

hey guys, i've been thinking about getting a bag, mainly this one, http://www.navali.com/bags/leather_mainstay/. Anyone have experiences with it? Actually doing secret santa with family and the amount is supposed to be $100 haha, so if you guys know a good bag that would be awesome.

Another thing, has anyone tried out any Uniqlo clothing, specifically their wool coats? Just would like to know the quality in regards to warmth and longevity.

Thanks guys!

bob page

hey guys, i've been thinking about getting a bag, mainly this one, http://www.navali.com/bags/leather_mainstay/. Anyone have experiences with it? Actually doing secret santa with family and the amount is supposed to be $100 haha, so if you guys know a good bag that would be awesome.

Another thing, has anyone tried out any Uniqlo clothing, specifically their wool coats? Just would like to know the quality in regards to warmth and longevity.

Thanks guys!

There's a ton of posts on Uniqlo- just do a thread search and you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Hmm, I'll definitely try them on with the jeans. I walk around and see all of these middle aged men with untucked dress shirts, jeans, and oxfords as their go-to going out attire, and they more or less all look terrible, and resolved to never do that.

Never really gave jeans + oxfords a second thought, even if I dressed it up.

And I'd love to have more outfits to wear my shoes with rather than just dress clothes.
Their problem is wearing an untucked dress shirt, not wearing the oxfords. If they were to tuck their shirt in I bet you'd think of the outfit differently (assuming everything fits properly of course).

Finding a shirt to go with a white tie..man its been nigh impossible
Not a huge fan of white ties but I've always thought they look pretty decent with a pink or salmon colored shirt. Grey could work, as could a light blue. Don't do black.

Quality prints are hard to find. Not just the image itself but properly done so it doesn't get ruined after a wash.
I can imagine. The colors look fantastic though, I think that's largely what stands out at first. I love shirts with old posters on them.

Lunchbox

Banned
Another update! Got them on Monday, and they fit great.

Here's a question for some sneaker heads- how do you guys feel about these Nikes? Planning on wearing either one of them for the winter

people who wear dressy sneakers look like clowns.

either wear real comfortable sneakers or dress shoes. dont be a poser in the middle. the grey nikes look like bootleg ones you see hanging on electric wires in the hood, someone stole the swoosh

spicy cho

apparently uniqlo sizing is all over the place. I ordered some heattech longjohns, longsleeve, a cashmere sweater and a pair of gloves and fortunately everything fits great. The cashmere sweater in particular is a good buy for the price, and the longjohns are good for winter layering, I plan to buy a few more now that I know my size.

Zekes!

Another update! Got them on Monday, and they fit great.

Here's a question for some sneaker heads- how do you guys feel about these Nikes? Planning on wearing either one of them for the winter

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Nike-Trainer-Clean-Sweep-Premium-Brown-Black-2.jpg[/IMG]
Nike Trainer Clean Sweep

and

http://deadstock.ca/shop/images/D/542628001_NIKE_AIR_APPRENTICE_PREMIUM_TZ_COBBLESTONE_1.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="http://deadstock.ca/shop/NIKE-AIR-APPRENTICE-PREMIUM-TZ-COBBLESTONE-542628-001.html#.UMkpyHPjnVQ"]Nike Air Apprentice

The first ones are bad IMO but I really like the second ones.

Alucrid

Banned

either wear real comfortable sneakers or dress shoes. dont be a poser in the middle. the grey nikes look like bootleg ones you see hanging on electric wires in the hood, someone stole the swoosh

yawwwwn.

Dude, between this and your sweater comments you are not on a good run in this thread.

Rule #1 of meta-threads: Don't come in and start disagreeing with literally everyone else.

ReconPeon

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I lurk it often.

I want this Burberry trench so damn bad. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative.

fd9e2444890c2c8b75d5bbb7231999cb2761c0f1

Alucrid

Banned
Bought brown MMM side zips, changing my Guidi order to black (if possible), now looking at ordering a brown leather jacket. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom