• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Zegna blazer on hold for me at Nordstrom's but I feel like that might be a tad too much of a splurge. I'll probably turn it down in favor of some black boots, which I really need (and are remarkably cheaper).

Time to get that black leather jacket you were looking at awhile ago maybe?

There's always something to get. I'm gonna get this beanie with the money I got for a book.

1349254690-36847400.jpg

But as far as other stuff goes the sky is the limit. Maybe a Coppidge jacket, maybe common project sneakers, maybe leather varvatos boots, maybe naked and famous jeans, maybe a nice sweater. There's no stopping this fever.

i got my pair of bonobos jeans, the fit is great but it looks like i got a pair of someone else's returns. There's wear on the cuffs and pockets, unless this is the by product of the wash...

MegalonJJ

Banned
Okay gentlemen of refined taste, I have a few questions so any and all help would be appreciated.

I have a pair or trousers, but it doesn't have belt loops nor does it have side-adjusting buttons. There is some slight room in the waist, so is it possible to have the waist taken in?
(Btw, the next size down is too small).

Secondly, what's the latest when it comes to wearing braces with trousers? Is it acceptable in this day and age? (I'm in early 20s, for reference).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwjcpEEkPs

I don't wear sneakers unless I'm working out.
You're missing out on a lot of bomb ass sneaks bro
Okay gentlemen of refined taste, I have a few questions so any and all help would be appreciated.

I have a pair or trousers, but it doesn't have belt loops nor does it have side-adjusting buttons. There is some slight room in the waist, so is it possible to have the waist taken in?
(Btw, the next size down is too small).

Secondly, what's the latest when it comes to wearing braces with trousers? Is it acceptable in this day and age? (I'm in early 20s, for reference).
If the rear seam is split its a simple alteration. Re braces, I'd only do it with a suit. Otherwise it might look a little precious, you know? Then again you have a velvet blazer ;p

Zekes!

You should come to PAX this year, man. You'd be in heaven hell.

I wanted to go to PAX this year. Shit I forgot all about the ocean of fedoras

Might be going to Vancouver around New Years for a few days, so hopefully I can grab some new stuff (looking for boots/shoes mainly but we'll see...).

MegalonJJ

Banned
If the rear seam is split its a simple alteration. Re braces, I'd only do it with a suit. Otherwise it might look a little precious, you know? Then again you have a velvet blazer ;p

The trousers, in the center at the back have a small split in the waist, this is the rear seam right?

The braces were only an option if they couldn't be altered.

Velvet Blazers are Godlike! (Good memory...considering I don't post in this thread too often ;))

Edit: I ought to add, that the velvet blazer alteration made it Super Godlike :)

MegalonJJ

Banned
It does indeed look like that.

Thank you for the heads up chap, much appreciated.

Edit:

This tailoring is rather addictive, it just makes everything that much more awesome :D

Antagon

Got a confession to make: I don't own any black dress shoes except some glossy black derbies for black tie events (yeah I know I fucked up by getting derbies). Those aren't holding up too well and definitely not useful under a suit.

Want to get something sleek black shoes that I can wear on a budget. Was thinking about getting some wholecuts (maybe with a medallion on the toe) or some double monks. Any ideas here for shoes that are in a decent pricerange (200-250 euros)?

Edit: These are 125 Euros on a sale:

3210.41.2-1.jpg

Might put off getting black dress shoes for a bit longer.

There's always something to get. I'm gonna get this beanie with the money I got for a book.

But as far as other stuff goes the sky is the limit. Maybe a Coppidge jacket, maybe common project sneakers, maybe leather varvatos boots, maybe naked and famous jeans, maybe a nice sweater. There's no stopping this fever.
You should get all 5 before the fever dies down. Which Coppidge jacket are you looking at?

Though in PAX's defense, in recent years, the crowd has become more fashionable. I'm sure this is a direct result of PAX being more mainstream, but really, I don't care.
Maybe, I'm not a seasoned enough PAX veteran to really know. It was only my 2nd year this year, and 1st year on the floor.

I secretly just want MiDNiGHTS to come up for PAX anyways. That was my real reason for that statement.

I wanted to go to PAX this year. Shit I forgot all about the ocean of fedoras

Might be going to Vancouver around New Years for a few days, so hopefully I can grab some new stuff (looking for boots/shoes mainly but we'll see...).
Dude. We're having a Seattle-GAF meet-up on the 5th of January. Both myself and mac will be there. Coldvein too.

If you're thinking about coming down to Seattle at all, that would be the night/day to do it.

temple of jawnz now known as john coppidge. online semi-mtm jackets and various things. good quality/aesthetic for the $. Leather outerwear is around $750-$800.

I googled, Asians love this guy. I also like the most impractical jacket, the Herrington Suede. Suede is such an awesome looking material yet the dye gets destroyed by nature and water.

Gruco

Banned
Can anyone recommend some flat-soled nice shoes or boots? Everything I see recommended here or on the blogs, etc, has a built up back heel which I find pretty uncomfortable to wear. Not sure whether or not this is a necessary compromise.

Can anyone recommend some flat-soled nice shoes or boots? Everything I see recommended here or on the blogs, etc, has a built up back here which I find pretty uncomfortable to wear. Not sure whether or not this is a necessary compromise.
The wedgy flat sole is kind of a fashion thing at the moment, but maybe look into doc martens? They have some nice looking Laceups in this category. I will say though it is kind of a casual look, not something I would wear with a formal suit, so get some heeled shoes got those occasions.

I'm looking for the best White dress shirt. You know the one every man needs. But does anyone sell nice fitted ones? Can't seem to come across one that doesn't look like a gown

Have you been buying slim/trim fit shirts to begin with? If so, and you still aren't happy, I'd recommend finding one you like and taking it to a tailor to get the exact fit you want.

Is there a gaf look book
This would actually be a cool idea for the new thread, whenever we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom