• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

Replacing the wardrobe is the worst part of losing weight... my jeans are 6" too big at the waist but they cost £200 So im not looking forward to replacing them haha.

Huzah

J.Crew has a Ludlow fit dress shirt that is top notch. They're Thomas Mason stuff runs blouse-y so make sure it's a Ludlow. I still can't believe how baggy the Brooks Brothers slim fit shirt I have is.

The collars for the Ludlow are way to skinny for my liking, try suitsupply.com extra slim fit and get a spread collar.

Fritz

i just can't find a good parka jacket atm. really liked this one:

http://www.asos.com/Selected/Select..._product_search&WT.tsrc=Google Product Search

but it's out of stock in medium size.

any ideas? im in the uk btw.

American Apparel has a decent basic parka atm.

rsact402_03d.jpg

What do you guys think of these as an every day sneaker?

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/oky6hp.html?categoryId=66606

some more pics here

http://www.nicekicks.com/2012/10/vans-otw-wool-twill-pack/

I'm also looking for a more casual shoe that looks good with dark denim for when I go out. I see a lot of you guys post boots but i'm not really looking for a boot. Aside from a pair of boat shoes, all I really own are sneakers and I think its time I change that.

Maybe something similar to this style and around the same price but not Vans cause i'm pretty sure its still a sneaker lol.

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/e...d=PDPZ1&cm_vc=PDPZ1&cm_sp=IO-_-PDPZ1-_-L3F7MF

Im shopping around myself but just thought some other insight would be nice

Went and bought myself an early christmas present today in the form of most of this outfit:
gHQ6l.jpg

I didn't like the colour of the jumper when I looked at it in person as it came off as a sort of dogshit yellow colour rather than the caramel-y brown pictured.

I also opted for some dark blue jeans over the ones pictured. The blazer is great. Feels nice to the touch, great fit and all that.

I've tried taking some pics of what I'm wearing it with now but the lighting in my house is awful and the flash makes my tie, blazer and jeans look black for some reason.

I'll try and get an actual picture of me in a bit.

I have continued in my search for a good, affordable Double Monk Strap shoe.

First I came across the Calvin Klein Russel Shoe. Kinda liked the brown suede version:

This is $150.

But I continued my search and came across a company called The Frye Company.

These "James Double Monk" shoes, I really dig:

1875991-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

1875991-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

1875991-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-shoes/view-all/84120/james-double-monk
http://www.zappos.com/frye-james-double-monk-black-antique-pull-up

$218. Also comes in black and tan. I've never bought from this company before. What do you guys think?

The Frye Company is legit, they make some good items. I don't own anything from them personally though.

Also, you might try and find a sale on the Allen Edmonds Neumoras. If your price range is $200 I'd bet you could find those for that eventually.

some more pics here

I'm also looking for a more casual shoe that looks good with dark denim for when I go out. I see a lot of you guys post boots but i'm not really looking for a boot. Aside from a pair of boat shoes, all I really own are sneakers and I think its time I change that.

Maybe something similar to this style and around the same price but not Vans cause i'm pretty sure its still a sneaker lol.

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/e...d=PDPZ1&cm_vc=PDPZ1&cm_sp=IO-_-PDPZ1-_-L3F7MF

The design and colors of the first ones are way too constricting for everyday use. Think about it, is that pattern on the shoe going to go with everything you own? Probably not.

Honestly, if you want something that you can truly wear everyday, I'd look into a pair of brown boots. They're the most versatile footwear you can get. Granted, you don't want boots, so if you're looking for sneakers I'd suggest something with less patterns and designs. The second ones you posted are a much better option.

Went and bought myself an early christmas present today in the form of most of this outfit:
gHQ6l.jpg

I didn't like the colour of the jumper when I looked at it in person as it came off as a sort of dogshit yellow colour rather than the caramel-y brown pictured.

I also opted for some dark blue jeans over the ones pictured. The blazer is great. Feels nice to the touch, great fit and all that.

I've tried taking some pics of what I'm wearing it with now but the lighting in my house is awful and the flash makes my tie, blazer and jeans look black for some reason.

I'll try and get an actual picture of me in a bit.
Please do. I've seen that outfit posted a number of times and I'm not sure what everyone's infatuation about it is. I feel like because the model looks cool, the outfit looks cool, but I don't think the outfit would stand on its own.

Sorry, not trying to knock on your buys I'm just genuinely curious to see what it looks like elsewhere.

The Frye Company is legit, they make some good items. I don't own anything from them personally though.

Also, you might try and find a sale on the Allen Edmonds Neumoras. If your price range is $200 I'd bet you could find those for that eventually.

The Neumoras look pretty nice. Still a bit pricey, but I can hold out for a while to see if the price drops some.

distressing is ugly

buy these or something

72_big.jpg

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338#

Those look great, but everything's en espagnol! I dunno how much shipping and the shoes would cost me in Canadian. Also, what's wrong with the distressed look?

Do I just have bad taste in shoes?

zchen

The Neumoras look pretty nice. Still a bit pricey, but I can hold out for a while to see if the price drops some.

Those look great, but everything's en espagnol! I dunno how much shipping and the shoes would cost me in Canadian.

Neumora factory seconds has gone around $150 during sales at AE outlet stores. If you are patient just email an AE outlet store every once in a while and ask if they have it in your size and current sales.

Meermin English Site

edit. You can also look through YOOX, brands like Ciro Lendini, Thompson, Cerbero, etc usually have monks under $200 and are of decent quality.

Zekes!

some more pics here

If you're looking for Vans then just get their classic low top Authentic. luckyboy hit on the head; for every day kind of sneakers you should look for something more neutral like blacks, greys or even whites. Vans are so cheap you could probably buy a couple pairs in different colours

ecurbj

Yeah. Vans are $40 at this shoe store called Journey's. They have various different styles. I'm wearing these blue jean stype pair right now.

What do you guys do for skincare? I've kind of wanted to start upping my game but I don't really know where to start.

My skincare makes Patrick Bateman look like an amateur.

For shaving, Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp Kit
For cleansing, Lab Series Scrub twice a week, Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser all other days
For moisturizing, D.R. Harris Milk and Cucumber Roses and Jack Black Double Duty Moisture
For the eye cream, Baxter of California eye cream at night, Kiehls Eye Alert in the morning
For a skin serum, Jack Black Protein Booster
In the shower, I use Menscience Advanced Body Scrub

I also got something called First Aid Beauty Hydrating cream and sometimes I use a toner but I think that stuff does nothing.

For cleansing, Lab Series Scrub twice a week, Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser all other days
For moisturizing, D.R. Harris Milk and Cucumber Roses and Jack Black Double Duty Moisture
For the eye cream, Baxter of California eye cream at night, Kiehls Eye Alert in the morning

I also got something called First Aid Beauty Hydrating cream and sometimes I use a toner but I think that stuff does nothing.

Wow.

I am writing notes.

Anyone have a good way to get rid of blackheads? I've had them on my nose and chin area my whole life and have never been able to get rid of them. Tried a lot of Clean and Clear stuff but it has done nothing. It's not bad by any means but figured while we were on the topic of skin care.

ecurbj

i rub vaseline everywhere

everywhere.
I do too. It feels so good rubbing it on my body and other parts.

Jesus. Thanks for this. I definitely copied and pasted this in my Notepad on my iPhone.

True swag (hate that word) is a two way system of inward confidence and outward appearance. Fueling each other like a perpetual motion machine.

Copied and pasted also. I will take this as being true. I never knew the definition of swag.

Anyone have a good way to get rid of blackheads? I've had them on my nose and chin area my whole life and have never been able to get rid of them. Tried a lot of Clean and Clear stuff but it has done nothing. It's not bad by any means but figured while we were on the topic of skin care.

Get a hot towel and put it on your face to open the pores and then use this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006PLPBC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, what's wrong with the distressed look?

Do I just have bad taste in shoes?

Why do you want to buy expensive clothing that looks like it's already nearly worn out? You're going to wear it down even more (and in different ways than the pre-distressing) and it will eventually look terrible long before its time. The style of those shoes is nice, but they just look like they perpetually need a shine.

Alucrid

Banned
Why do you want to buy expensive clothing that looks like it's already nearly worn out? You're going to wear it down even more (and in different ways than the pre-distressing) and it will eventually look terrible long before its time. The style of those shoes is nice, but they just look like they perpetually need a shine.

yeah. i don't consider double monks to be a shoe you want to have predistressed, especially when that distressing looks like someone rubbed sandpaper all over it.

I don't know why I do the things I do. This is why I post here before I impulse buy!

ucdawg12

hm how so? if i am looking at either the jack black serum you noted or the olay regenerist serum, i cannot tell from the reviews or descriptions really the difference between the two which is when the confusion and hesitation comes in

entremet

I think diet and stress management are way better for skin care anyway. Although I do need to do something for my blackheads on my oily nose.

hm how so? if i am looking at either the jack black serum you noted or the olay regenerist serum, i cannot tell from the reviews or descriptions really the difference between the two which is when the confusion and hesitation comes in

Whichever has better user ratings. You can always go to a department store and get samples and try it out.

I think diet and stress management are way better for skin care anyway.

Who says you can't take care of your skin internally and externally?

kaskade

I think diet and stress management are way better for skin care anyway. Although I do need to do something for my blackheads on my oily nose.

I think this is true too. Finals and work stressed me out for the last 2 weeks and I started to get a few pimples. Really though I just want to keep it smooth and control some oil.

ecurbj

I got this large pimple on the left side of nose. It's very annoying. It's like it randomly popped up on my face. But I believe it came from me not properly washing my face and applying lotion on it after. Plus, I jog every day so the sweat is really dirtying it up my face.

Thanks to Midnight for those suggestions. My face is about to be crystal clear. My facial hair is currently growing. I want to grow it till I can cut it into the 5'o clock shadow effect that most people do. I don't like no facial hair. I'm not comfortable with that yet.

Dat skin care swag.

Seriously though, great post. I have the Baxter eye cream but I've been looking for some other Manshion-approved products. I'll have to check these out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom