• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys ask out a girl who wears ugg boots?
Yes, but I'd attempt to wean her off of them.

So is this one of those cheapo Asian jackets we're not supposed to buy? I assume it is, but I love how it looks.

http://www.myasiatrade.com/Mens-Black-Double-Breasted-Jacket-CLAM767875E-CLAM767875E.htm
You aren't going to love how it looks when you get it and realize it fits nothing like the picture. Unless you like walking around with pins on your back/arms.

Azar

Do you guys have any favorites/recommendations for an inexpensive casual blazer? I'm thinking something to wear in a business casual setting, could go over a t-shirt or a button-up for a contemporary look, so shorter and more fitted than your usual business blazer.

A couple I was looking at:

H2gReaA.jpg

TheLees business slim fit notch lapel

pZsUoYE.jpg

Flatseven slim fit casual blazer

The Flatseven seems like basically what I'm looking for, but I'd welcome some advice or brand suggestions.

Second one seems nicer, maybe look at asos for other stuff in that price range? Whatever you do, please do not get it that tight it looks terrible.

Personally, casual to me says a little loose and louche, ultra tight fits with cropped tailoring kinda loses that effect IMO.

coldvein

Banned
i have a shirt. i like the shirt but the sleeves are a little puffy for my skinnyass arms .. is it possible to have them tailored to be slimmer? is it worth teh hassle or should i just find a different shirt

i have a shirt. i like the shirt but the sleeves are a little puffy for my skinnyass arms .. is it possible to have them tailored to be slimmer? is it worth teh hassle or should i just find a different shirt

How much did you pay for said shirt? If it's worth it then get it tailored or you could just roll the sleeves.

$15-$20 usually. Problem is that you can't do much to slim the armhole so it might look a little off depending on how much slimming you need done. Should be ok though.

Zekes!

Shit. I really oughta get a suit. I have to go to a black tie event this Saturday and I don't have much to wear other than some blazers and chinos I can throw together. Hopefully that will suffice.

Maybe I'll just wear my camo N&F and my green cord blazer w/ pink striped tie again, fuck it

Went to buy the Saint Laurent high tops and they are sold out everywhere online in my size. ): I guess I could go pick one up at the store on Rodeo, but I seriously hate stores. Ugh. If anyone sees black SLP high tops in size 44, let me know.

If you want a free/homemade remedy, you could probably bunch up the sleeve in the back and then tie a rubber band around it (the knot, not the sleeve itself). Kind of like what a lot of girls do to their shirts in the Spring/Summer.

Of course, you'll have weird knots in the back, but you could maybe make them less visible by tying it near your armpit. Just thinking outside the box here for you vein.

mac was it you that said the two things you should get done to a shirt is a taper and sleeve length adjusted? Otherwise it's not worth it.

It's so true.
Yeah that reminds me, once I get some money I need to go get some of my favorite dress shirts tuned up a bit. They're bunching way too much in the back. I can get away with it under my blazer, but if I want to ditch the blazer (like I plan to in the Spring), I'll be vulnerable.

Shit. I really oughta get a suit. I have to go to a black tie event this Saturday and I don't have much to wear other than some blazers and chinos I can throw together. Hopefully that will suffice.

Maybe I'll just wear my camo N&F and my green cord blazer w/ pink striped tie again, fuck it
Please please do this, Zekes.

mooooose

I feel like treating myself to some Momotaro 0702's for my 30th birthday.

300 Euros for a pair of jeans though, damn.

300 euros is way overpaying. I can get them for $315 USD before tax.

Also, I'm looking for slim fit lumberjack flannels for cheap, and also a slim faux leather jacket for under $100. Can anyone help?

EVOL 100%

Do you guys have any favorites/recommendations for an inexpensive casual blazer? I'm thinking something to wear in a business casual setting, could go over a t-shirt or a button-up for a contemporary look, so shorter and more fitted than your usual business blazer.

[IMGf]http://i.imgur.com/H2gReaA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGf]http://i.imgur.com/pZsUoYE.jpg[/IMG]

The Flatseven seems like basically what I'm looking for, but I'd welcome some advice or brand suggestions.

These look really uncomfortable. Too tight.

I can't help you with brands, but you might want to get something more loose.

Antagon

300 euros is way overpaying. I can get them for $315 USD before tax.

Also, I'm looking for slim fit lumberjack flannels for cheap, and also a slim faux leather jacket for under $100. Can anyone help?

If I'm getting them I want to try them on in a real store. Not a fan of buying clothes online, especially not for these kind of prices. And I'd feel like an ass if I tried them on in a store and then bought them online.

The 300 Euros includes our 21% VAT. Import taxes are probably going to be just as high, if not higher, so in the end the price difference will be pretty small.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
there are quite a lot of jackets that are not cheap nor are they terrible. i take it that's not what you meant though

More that style. I love my peacoat but it's nowhere near a slim fit cut. I want a slim fit peacoat or something similar. Been watching that styleforum for a while, I'll find one sooner or later. :p

http://i.imgur.com/H2gReaA.jpg[/IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/pZsUoYE.jpg[/IMG]

H&M has had decent, cheap blazers on occasion, and I picked up a nice one with a slim fit at Armani Exchange for about $180 a few weeks back.

lupin23rd

Possible to easily alter sleeve lengths on a denim jacket (without losing the ability to roll them up)?

Thinking of getting a nice one (probably a raw / one-wash Levi's repro) and hoping that the Japanese sizes will work better for me than back home, but thinking sleeves will likely still be a bit long.

Y'all guys make me contemplate high end sneakers too much

Higher end is the only thing I care about now. All this vans and converse stuff sucks, sometimes special versions of converse is cool but in general forget it. Forget toms and keds too, it's all weak man.

Smaller lesser known brands can make good stuff too.

Zekes!

Higher end is the only thing I care about now. All this vans and converse stuff sucks, sometimes special versions of converse is cool but in general forget it. Forget toms and keds too, it's all weak man.

Smaller lesser known brands can make good stuff too.

Hi top Chucks and Aunthentic Lo Vans will always have a place in my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom