• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdouglas

Hello ManshionGAF.

Longtime lurker here (so long I feel some of the clothes I bought per your recommendation[(s) hivemind status?) are out of style(hehe)). I just want to drop in and (perhaps along with introducing myself) thank you for casually dropping some awesome tips/stuff that I have since used.

Alucrid

Banned
Hello ManshionGAF.

Longtime lurker here (so long I feel some of the clothes I bought per your recommendation[(s) hivemind status?) are out of style(hehe)). I just want to drop in and (perhaps along with introducing myself) thank you for casually dropping some awesome tips/stuff that I have since used.

i probably didn't help, but on behalf on other people in this thread you're welcome

Shirt came out okay. Not great, nothing to be taking pics of so just use your imagination.

I will say though it's not worth the hassle of it all. Working with bleach is a very unrewarding activity. I only did it because the market isn't offering me what I need as a consumer. Dip dye is probably more fun and less toxic.

Also bought these two shirts because they were cheap as hell.
image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

LOCK

Shirt came out okay. Not great, nothing to be taking pics of so just use your imagination.

I will say though it's not worth the hassle of it all. Working with bleach is a very unrewarding activity. I only did it because the market isn't offering me what I need as a consumer. Dip dye is probably more fun and less toxic.

Also bought these two shirts because they were cheap as hell.

Maybe if you go from white to blue it will work.

Like this: http://dulcecandy.com/2012/04/diy-dip-dye-ombre-shirt.html

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Just going to reverse the shirt.

This t-shirt is bad-ass:

SR4-3458053_1024x1024.jpg

Knitted on a Brother KH 830 and sewn by and by Hand-held Needle.

We held down a spider, strapped its legs to a board, and reeled out its silk, for our silk spun hoard.

Our knit originates from the silk gland of a spider, carefully placed in the milk duct of a goat. The single filament is reeled out of the goat millimetres at a time to produce the most difficult to obtain fibre in the world. Having secured 2 skeins of the silk, each many thousands of metres long, we spent 4 days unraveling it to prepare for knitting. A further week was spent gently coaxing two filaments into the knotted web of these garments... And then another week convincing it to become the emperor's new clothing.

Weight for weight, silk is stronger than steel and tougher than Kevlar.

http://store.srulirecht.com/collections/category/products/an-emperors-new-tangling-is-sr438

Hello ManshionGAF.

If I have inspired you in any way, please consider a small donation.

I have shoes to buy.
The Manshion-GAF official shirt. We all need one.
Well IIRC the scarf with that fabric is supposedly 4 grand, so, we have some saving to do...

Edit: lol, didn't see the store link. It's on sale!

mac has inspired me to be a better father.

Also, at least one of you guys gotta get these nipple shirts for the PAX meetup. mesh rick owens, yoko ono cutouts, etc. Do it for your buddy midnights.

I nominate coldvein.

Also Mids does this mean you'll be attending the PAX meetup this year?

I'll be there unless school or whatever gets in the way. At the very least someone will take a picture right?

He's wearing that wrong. Washing machine is broke.

I swear I'll never find jeans that actually look great and fit. Damn thighs.

Sculpt your thighs through exercise and diet and all your dreams will come true.

Maybe not at the convention itself but we'll do well at the after parties. That's what it's all about anyways. I mean really, what's not to like about free booze?

The parties are how I started going to PAX in the first place. One of the best parties I went to all of last year was a PAX party actually.

They're generally pretty male intensive, unless of course you get lucky and find the party the energy drink girls/booth babes go to. Then you're in for a really good night.

Plus since it's PAX, chances are you're the best dressed person in the room (to spin this back to fashion).

You guys should aim higher though. Why not have the official meeting of the manshion thread be a music festival or an actual fashion show (now there's some after parties). PAX should be circled on the calendar if you're one of those guys who wears the Sonic shirts.

Aegus

You guys should aim higher though. Why not have the official meeting of the manshion thread be a music festival or an actual fashion show (now there's some after parties). PAX should be circled on the calendar if you're one of those guys who wears the Sonic shirts.

Coachella 2014.

I've decided I utterly hate Diesel. Most boring brand there is. I'm tempted to boycott any shop that sells Diesel gear.

On a lighter note, APC stuff is now being sold at a store in my city.

jokkir

So I'm getting new eyeglasses today and was thinking of getting transition lenses for them. What I'm planning on doing is getting a pair of Rayban Wayfarers (or something similar) and putting prescription lenses to them.

I know transitions are generally bad looking but I thought it might work if I was using sunglasses frames with them? I have sunglasses frames right now for my current eyeglasses so I know the eyeglass place can put prescription lenses on them. I just don't want to carry around two pairs of glasses when going outside >__>

h3ro

I am wearing those pants right now

:lol

How did they run on size? Looked around for a N&F sizing guide and found it varied greatly with each different style. Took a risk and just went with a direct fit. Ordered a size 31 and I have a 31-31.5" waist.

So I'm getting new eyeglasses today and was thinking of getting transition lenses for them. What I'm planning on doing is getting a pair of Rayban Wayfarers (or something similar) and putting prescription lenses to them.

I know transitions are generally bad looking but I thought it might work if I was using sunglasses frames with them? I have sunglasses frames right now for my current eyeglasses so I know the eyeglass place can put prescription lenses on them. I just don't want to carry around two pairs of glasses when going outside >__>

I'm just not sure if that'll work out well.

Zekes!

:lol

How did they run on size? Looked around for a N&F sizing guide and found it varied greatly with each different style. Took a risk and just went with a direct fit. Ordered a size 31 and I have a 31-31.5" waist.

Yeah, it does kind of vary. I wear a size 28 and the 28s (in any style) always fit me fine (though denim does stretch out). The material on the double camo is more of a chino and it hasn't felt like it's stretched at all, if any. The inseam did shrink a bit when I washed them though.

Thinking about an upper arm tattoo of a Banyan tree and, call it a cliche, but I want to incorporate the words, "give me truth." somehow. The image in my head sort of mimics the style of old woodcut botanical illustration. However, I don't entirely trust my own hand with that sort of illustration. Looking for any advice/resources/help I can get on this.

I didn't see an official tattoo advice thread and since tattoos and fashion sort of go hand in hand I thought people here might know a thing or two.

In this case it's less about the event and more of just a location. Lots of GAF comes out to PAX every year, even if they aren't going to the convention, which is why there are always meetups. As cool as something like NYC fashion week is, it'd probably be hard to get a lot of people out there.

Screw that idea and just get these.

62506_62506_1

Thinking about an upper arm tattoo of a Banyan tree and, call it a cliche, but I want to incorporate the words, "give me truth." somehow. The image in my head sort of mimics the style of old woodcut botanical illustration. However, I don't entirely trust my own hand with that sort of illustration. Looking for any advice/resources/help I can get on this.

I didn't see an official tattoo advice thread and since tattoos and fashion sort of go hand in hand I thought people here might know a thing or two.

Come here bro:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47368088&posted=1#post47368088

My advice, look for pictures/tattoos you like and then find a reliable tattoo artist in your location and talk to him.

Oh that's not me!
That was just the closest pic I could find of roughly how high I wear my jeans.
I only do it when wearing boots and always have black socks on.

Just wondered if it were some fashion faux pas...?

SolKane

I wish I could be part of Mansion GAF but it's too difficult for me. My body is not made for clothing, I am super short and skinny and nobody makes clothes for my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom