• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk where to ask this so I'll just ask here. Has anyone ordered clothes from Aliexpress? http://www.aliexpress.com/category/100003070/men.html How can you tell if a seller is a scam?

I really want this cardigan,
7Qj320z.png

Alucrid

Banned
Well with a product name like "Free shipping Trailer men's clothing male sweatshirt cardigan school wear male sweatshirt spring and autumn fashion coats" you can't go wrong.

:|

Yeah the product name does send off a big red flag. but ugh.. I really like that cardigan. If only I could find it at another online store. I was thinking about messaging the seller, but I mean, I can't just ask "are you going to scam me?" because obviously they're gonna say no. lol

The online shop is called "Love at first sight shop" http://www.aliexpress.com/store/515756 And the ceo is called.. Bill Lee. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/contactinfo/515756.html

Alucrid

Banned
It's the 'Korean style' of clothing, not made in Korea, but is generally inexpensive, with odd fits and cheap materials / construction. Even if you get it you're probably getting ripped off. That said it also doesn't seem to be a cardigan either.

waypoetic

Banned
So I got these this weekend and have ideas for what shirts to wear with them, but am thinking about shoes. My brown Clark's might work, but I was thinking of getting grey Nike blazers, and I'm not sure anyone can pull off the grey on grey. Maybe I just get some white on white shoes? They are grey jeans btw.

looks cheap

So I was going to try some MTM dress shirts... When wearing a tie, do you think the fused or non fused collars/cuffs look better? I'm not sure which to get.

fused collars are stiffer and take a crisp angle better. this is a good rundown:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?118102-Fused-vs-Unfused-Collars

Note the first response is from kabbaz, who is a custom shirt maker that charges around $700 or something a shirt.

Cool, thanks. I saw a bunch saying Italians prefer a fused collar but then there were other things acting like you got scammed if you didn't get a fused collar. I guess I'll just get the fused collar then since it's for work.

Somehow I knew Midnights was going to link to that dude. You gotta wonder if he actually wears any of that stuff in public or if it's just for show.

Yoshiya

Nope, ever since APC moved their manufacturing out of Italy they've been made in the same factory as Unbranded (China).

my APCs are made in japan.

edit: wait that post is old, should be paying attention.

edit edit: all i want in life is the margiela for h&m duvet coat to lie around the house in. i imagine it's what kanye uses in place of a snuggie.

One bicycle ride in my momo's:

Expected some better quality then that...
As you should, I've never seen that happen before. You sure the seams didn't get caught on something?

How would you evaluate and deconstruct this outfit:
I would never wear something like that but I think it actually works for him. As for what the outfit contains (if that was what you were asking):
- Sunglasses (probably Persol)
- Blue/Orange scarf
- Charcoal knit cardigan
- Blue seersucker shorts (possibly even swim trunks? not sure)
- Brown suede loafers

If you're looking to replicate that outfit, just search for those keywords.

Looks like Clubmasters to me.

I found a shirt for you to wear to PAX

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/cool-trainer-01-gildan-light-A8064745/customize/color/1
Dude I'm going to make SEGA shirt and it's going to be rad. Seriously.

EDIT: There's actually some really cool GAF shirts, I'm surprised.

i'm wearing a suit if I go to pax. and white shoes. it's the last legal weekend to do it!
I'll probably wear a summer suit one of the days I don't go to the exhibit and just go to the parties. Preferably the night of the GAF meetup so I can represent the Manshion thread in full strength.

Visceir

Been looking for a new jacket for spring time and found this black leather jacket. Thoughts?

I'm not sure how I feel about the black bottom part.

CAM00950black.jpg

Been looking for a new jacket for spring time and found this black leather jacket. Thoughts?

CAM00950black.jpg

That's a good look, u were lucky to find a jacket that fits so well, especially on sleeve length. It's almost like you got it tailored to show some inner cuff

Zekes, the cardigan looks long and awkwardly cut, though that may just be how it's draped on you. Hard to comment on it other than that considering that's not my style at all.

CAM00950black.jpg
Looks great, nothing wrong with the bottom of the jacket in my opinion, particularly if the jacket has matching cuffs (which it looks like it does, just very small).

Real leather or faux leather?

Blackhead

Redarse
Well, I really like that cardigan

those shorts look like boxers, don't like the scarf and not a fan of the hipster stache

I actually find the tattoo on his thigh more distracting than the outfit itself strangely...

Wouldn't wear the scarf with the cardigan, but I like them as separate pieces.

I would never wear something like that but I think it actually works for him.
Thanks for all the replies, I'm learning slowly.

(p.s. @ luckyboyceo, the site has the a list of links for the outfit:
Look 6 — Thom Browne Polo, S.N.S. Herning Cardigan, Maison Kitsune Swim Shorts & Scarf, Alden Suede Penny Loafers, Garrett Leight Sunglasses)

Kraftwerk

Got the N&F Duck Selvedge. Tried it on again today and it felt and looked really good.

Getting the promegrenate once my tax -return comes and I should be good for a while.

Now, I need to find a nice spring jacket. Budget is 400 so please recommend me something.

Looking for something minimalistic.

I already posted some suggestions! but apc has a nice linen/wool jacket, and if $400 is your max that should get you nice stuff from aspesi, herno, or maybe allegri. CP company too. stuff that's denim friendly, which is what I assume you want.

Kraftwerk

I already posted some suggestions! but apc has a nice linen/wool jacket, and if $400 is your max that should get you nice stuff from aspesi, herno, or maybe allegri. CP company too. stuff that's denim friendly, which is what I assume you want.

Cool, thank you. I will check these out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom