• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAYWT business casual camo edition.

hvhC5QM.jpg

Dear god, that blazer looks like it's about to burst from the muscles.

I was just about to say the same thing.

Buff!
Really? Like in a bad way? It doesn't feel particularly tight or anything like that, I've always thought it fits quite well.

Granted, I did buy it before I put on a significant amount of weight, so maybe I need to take a second look at it. I hope not cause it's my favorite one. I'd be lost without it (really).

Hmm, can anyone recommend where to get a pair of Clarks? It seems that online you get a narrower boot (not the normal width), and here in Portland most places just have the non-crepe - which apparently is not as good. Macys/Nordstroms/JCPennys all seem to not have the beeswax color. I guess the only option is to get them from Clarks directly? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Kraftwerk

Really? Like in a bad way? It doesn't feel particularly tight or anything like that, I've always thought it fits quite well.

Granted, I did buy it before I put on a significant amount of weight, so maybe I need to take a second look at it. I hope not cause it's my favorite one. I'd be lost without it (really).

No no, not at all: when I said buff I meant it as a compliment: you look good.

Considering buying this, $195. what do you guys think? I think I will use it as a spring or summer bag.
Not really feeling it, especially for the price.

Hmm, can anyone recommend where to get a pair of Clarks? It seems that online you get a narrower boot (not the normal width), and here in Portland most places just have the non-crepe - which apparently is not as good. Macys/Nordstroms/JCPennys all seem to not have the beeswax color. I guess the only option is to get them from Clarks directly? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
So you're saying you went to the department stores and couldn't find the option you were looking for? Might just have to order them online then. At the very least, try them on in store, even if the soles are different, so that you know your size and can guarantee you get the right ones if you do decide to order online.

I wasn't aware the Clark's Desert Boots came in different soles, you sure they were the right model?

No no, not at all: when I said buff I meant it as a compliment: you look good.
Thanks man.

Talon

Clark's Desert Boots only come in one width as far as I know, as they're pretty much the only (non-winter) shoes I wear.

Bushacre's come with rubber soles. Desert Boots come with crepe soles.

I always buy from Zappos.com. They have Beeswax available. Online picture looks darker than they do IRL.

Cosmic, those pants are awesome! Did you find them at the thrift store or elsewhere? Also, I'd definitely keep them as is, at least for now. Decide if you want to turn them into shorts in the summer.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
They're BDG ~girl jeans~ $10 on clearance, suckas! Along with the floral patterns, I picked up a pair of girls chinos (in a delectable shade of Gulden's honey mustard) that fit flawlessly off the rack, not even hemming is going to be required. Why the hell have I been shopping in the mens section all this time?

I like N&F, but those N&F leaf camo pants actually look like a bad project for a beginning graphic design class.

I want a print that says "I have a pair of truck nuts and my favorite hobbies are bass fishing and fourwheeling" but on a pair of skinny jeans.

Johnny M

WAYWT business casual camo edition.

I'm not a camo guy, but even with that, i would change two things:

1º tie clip. For casual/sport look, much better without a tie clip.
2º Pocket square. Pockets square are great and really classy, but you have to be careful with the colour. i would choose a white one (safe option) or dark blue with white dots. In the pic, the contrast between the tie and the pocket square looks a bit off because both are blue (but not the same kind of blue) and both are plain.

Kraftwerk

Hmmm. I might jump on the camo bandwagon.

Too many people are wearing red jeans anyway. I won't be a unique snowflake with my promegrenate Selvedge :(

Yoshiya

Hmmm. I might jump on the camo bandwagon.

Too many people are wearing red jeans anyway. I won't be a unique snowflake with my promegrenate Selvedge :(
Ugh this. It's become unbearable, I saw two ordinary looking guys walking down the street together today dressed in practically matching jeans and white tees. Bizarre.

TTTR

I'll be visiting Milan this weekend for a little bit of shopping and exploring the fashion headquarter of the world. I doubt it will be enough time to go through every store i have on my list but i'll try to do my best. Will also try to post pics once in a while.

Any wishes from the manshion crew?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Amazon. That's where I got my Beeswax ones. I need to order another pair.

I like N&F, but those N&F leaf camo pants actually look like a bad project for a beginning graphic design class.
Yep as much as I love Naked & Famous there's no question they've made some really dumb shit. Some of their FW13 stuff definitely fits this category.

I'm not a camo guy, but even with that, i would change two things:

1º tie clip. For casual/sport look, much better without a tie clip.
2º Pocket square. Pockets square are great and really classy, but you have to be careful with the colour. i would choose a white one (safe option) or dark blue with white dots. In the pic, the contrast between the tie and the pocket square looks a bit off because both are blue (but not the same kind of blue) and both are plain.
Thanks for the feedback, man.

I dig tie bars more for function than anything else, I hate when my tie flaps around so I use them to remedy that. Also the pocket square is much closer in color to the tie than the picture shows, but I almost went with white instead. I'll give it a try next time.

Thanks again.

Was thinking about that. I'll check to see if the Naked & Famoua forest Selvedge is available yet .
Forest green are really cool, but the pomegranates are equally awesome. The cool thing about the pomegranates is they have a unique slightly slubby white texture thanks to the stitching, they don't look like the average red pants you see on the street.

Also, if you're just looking for colors, Naked & Famous has some beautiful chinos coming out FW13. Of course those wont be available till August, but it's worth considering.

I'll be visiting Milan this weekend for a little bit of shopping and exploring the fashion headquarter of the world. I doubt it will be enough time to go through every store i have on my list but i'll try to do my best. Will also try to post pics once in a while.

Just take some pictures and I'll be happy.

shas'la

Do you have a blog set up for your adventure into fashion-ville? If not even a thread would be worth creating. Sounds mega interesting!

velociraptor

New watch. Not really a watch wearer, outside of a cheapo timex that I use for while outdoors. Didn't want to spend a lot, so I got something that would look good semi dress up or casual as well.

pYQ7L.jpg

What watch is that? It looks sweet, especially for casual wear.

No but I'm very curious so please give impressions if you get them.

Well I actually have the samples in my hands - you can get 5 sample glasses sent to you for free for 5 days. They seem good enough. Just wondering how durable they are, and what the style gurus here think of the designs.

Dom Brunt

Anyone have experience/opinions on Warby Parker? Looking at these for my new glasses.

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical/wilkie-sugar-maple-m

I like the color of those, been looking at new glasses for ages now and it's always colours like that that I like best. Can't find a good shape for my face though. Anyway check these recent threads, they have some discussion about Warby Parker:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515534

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514248

WP has been mentioned like 100 times in this thread. They're a great company and pretty much everyone in NYC wears them.
Yeah that question is like the recommendation equivalent of the Korean jacket one. We'll need to figure out how to include both in the title for OT2.

To answer the original question Warby Parker comes highly recommended from just about anyone and everyone I know, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom