• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
These are herringbone cropped trousers, not sweatpants.

also just bought

78808_01.jpg

:(

Started making my outfits with this color wheel in mind. Real close to framing this beauty. Learned how to make some dashing combinations.

Apparently, if you want to wear contrasting colors (opposites on the wheel), you can do so just by making sure the shades are on opposite ends.

Take the left (right if you're going clockwise) edge of the wedge of the color you want to wear, find where it makes a 90 degree angle, and the next color is a complementing color. AKA any colors with three wedges between them.

Colors next to each other can be matched in anyway, even shade for shade.

I think that's one of those fancy new "hand-ker-chiefs." Woven from fair trade 1,000 thread count Himalayan nettle cloth and dyed using exclusive wild-caught, hand-distilled Japanese squid ink. Should run you about $250.

Ahaha.
What's the consensus on best sites to use, UK MansionGAF? Good range (pricey to affordable, as well as variety in terms of content for each type of clothing) and reliable, preferably. ASOS is naturally highly recommended but are there alternative options to consider?

I need to broaden my internet pool when it comes to online shopping for clothes.

Thats pretty much it. There is stuff like The End but alot of it is like high end skater clothing. £40 Stussy T shirts and Print T shirts and such.

Can anyone identify the shirt on the left?

mh-reggiebusybody-09062011.jpg

Either Topman, H&M or River Island. Bit vague but it just looks like something youd find in one of those shops.

Zekes!

Started making my outfits with this color wheel in mind. Real close to framing this beauty. Learned how to make some dashing combinations.

Apparently, if you want to wear contrasting colors (opposites on the wheel), you can do so just by making sure the shades are on opposite ends.

Take the left (right if you're going clockwise) edge of the wedge of the color you want to wear, find where it makes a 90 degree angle, and the next color is a complementing color. AKA any colors with three wedges between them.

Colors next to each other can be matched in anyway, even shade for shade.

As a (former) art kid I'm always bringing this up to people. This is the basic artist RYB colour wheel:

Learning this one would be better IMO. Complimentary colours are opposite of one another. There are also more ways to work with colours than complimentary and analog colours (colours next to each other), but that takes some studying.

Here's a version with tints and shades:

i have the keds. they really don't have a lot of breath-ability (maybe the same could be said about the other shoes listed), and seemed a little on the heavy side. but i still wear em a lot and get a lot of mileage out of them.

Alucrid

Banned
a few off the top of my head

ll-nc
the coner
ssense
blackbird
roden grey
oki-ni
tres bien shop
aloha rag
maas and stacks
patron of the new
re porter
suspension point

Az

Any of you have experience with John Varvatos clothes? Saw some decent deals on 6pm.com and they look of quality, but hoping someone here actually owns some.

As a (former) art kid I'm always bringing this up to people. This is the basic artist RYB colour wheel:

Learning this one would be better IMO. Complimentary colours are opposite of one another. There are also more ways to work with colours than complimentary and analog colours (colours next to each other), but that takes some studying.

Here's a version with tints and shades:

Oh is that what it was. Man, either way, this changes everything for me. It seems like something so natural and obvious but it's not at all. Really is helping me put together some nice stuff

maxxpower

I know this isn't a grooming thread but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on shaving really stubborn lip hair. I can't grow a proper mustache, only the sides grow really thick(think the opposite of a Hitler 'stache), so I have to shave every day or else I look like a fool. Every time I shave I get extreme irritation in the lip area and I've tried placing a hot towel on my face before shaving but I still can't get a really close shave.

Any tips?

Any of you have experience with John Varvatos clothes? Saw some decent deals on 6pm.com and they look of quality, but hoping someone here actually owns some.
In my experience, Varvatos definitely makes legit stuff but they can also be pretty inconsistent. They make some really nice stuff and some stuff that's also pretty lame (relative to the price) quality wise. Kind of depends on what you're looking at I think.

I know this isn't a grooming thread but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on shaving really stubborn lip hair. I can't grow a proper mustache, only the sides grow really thick(think the opposite of a Hitler 'stache), so I have to shave every day or else I look like a fool. Every time I shave I get extreme irritation in the lip area and I've tried placing a hot towel on my face before shaving but I still can't get a really close shave.

Any tips?
Are you washing with cold water afterwards? Also are you applying aftershave lotion? For what it's worth, I don't think shaving everyday is good for your skin, so if you can hold off on shaving even for a few days you'll probably have better results.

Can't find a picture on the internet of the pants I bought yesterday, but they're black/white cross-stiched wool levi's 511's. Pretty unique look and really comfortable. Might just take a picture of myself in them for fashion-gaf later.

edit- Zekes: at that price, hell no.

Yeah they're both their staple bush pant. I need a size 28 which is hard to come by.

I tried them on in grey and a size 29 and really liked them.

Mmm size 28 on pants is kinda rare. If you like them you should get them, not my style of pants, but the fit looks nice.

Salazar

Spent more than I intended to on an Engineered Garments jacket.

Was knackered after walking from Marble Arch, and I was back on the street with it before I had caught my breath.

Kinda impressionistic photo

Spent more than I intended to on an Engineered Garments jacket.

Was knackered after walking from Marble Arch, and I was back on the street with it before I had caught my breath.

Kinda impressionistic photo

I can't make out anything in that photo, except for the fact that it appears like you have colossal sized feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom