• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
This is some dope denim.

56_zps8b9d949e.jpg
damn thats beautiful.

mac arent you too short to pull off caban coats

Salazar

Finally getting the cuffs taken up on my Aspesi moleskin.

Forgotten how damned thick the thing is. Could swim under glaciers in it.

As far as coats go, I'm a big fan of topcoats. A nice camel colored topcoat is pretty hard to beat in both look and functionality I think.

The look up top and the view below.
Looks nice, dude. A black watch would look better (or at least a black strap) I think but it's sold nonetheless.

Two questions

1. I bought some really pointy brown shoes from Topman. Kind of regretting it now but I wore them so I cant return them. Are pointy shoes really that bad?

2. Thinking of buying very dark navy dress boots. Anyone else feel it is normal to buy boots for year round use? And is navy (very close to black) an okay color to get?

Lunchbox

Banned
Two questions

1. I bought some really pointy brown shoes from Topman. Kind of regretting it now but I wore them so I cant return them. Are pointy shoes really that bad?

2. Thinking of buying very dark navy dress boots. Anyone else feel it is normal to buy boots for year round use? And is navy (very close to black) an okay color to get?

buy these -

kl8BE2z.png

giga

Seriously the ugliest soles I've ever seen on wingtips. Clown shoes.

you reckon? i was gonna say i don't think even he looks good in one in that movie and why not just wear a light cardigan
Yeah, I like the style. Adds some nice contrast. Cardigans work too--I remember he wore them a lot too in the movie.

500-days2.jpg

Keldor

Blue denim jacket with indigo jeans. Yes or no?

Just bought a couple pair of 3Sixteen jeans (St-100 and St-120X) from Blue Owl. I'm currently rebuilding my wardrobe and am trying to find things to go with them.

also, alucrid dealt teamtucked a fatality. sorry brehs.
What fatality? Teamtucked will never die. #tucked4lyfe

Give it up Lunchbox. The joke isn't funny anymore.
Seriously, he just shits up this thread now.

Blue denim jacket with indigo jeans. Yes or no?

Just bought a couple pair of 3Sixteen jeans (St-100 and St-120X) from Blue Owl. I'm currently rebuilding my wardrobe and am trying to find things to go with them.
As long as they're not the same shade of denim I think it's cool. They should contrast pretty heavily though. I don't really buy into the "don't wear denim on denim" rule anymore.

Keldor

As long as they're not the same shade of denim I think it's cool. They should contrast pretty heavily though. I don't really buy into the "don't wear denim on denim" rule anymore.
Good to know. Thanks. This thread and the fitness thread have completely turned my life around these last couple of months.

I know some people think this thread is inclusive or snobby but I'm just not sure I could ever get into the mindset of the fitness thread. It's all "damn man you did 500lbs squat 2 days after knee replacement surgery and a hernia operation! extremeeee!"

Nothing wrong with what they do but it's not my type of thing.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I know some people think this thread is inclusive or snobby but I'm just not sure I could ever get into the mindset of the fitness thread. It's all "damn man you did 500lbs squat 2 days after knee replacement surgery and a hernia operation! extremeeee!"

Nothing wrong with what they do but it's not my type of thing.

Literally no one talks like that in there.

As far as inside jokes, etc go, I'd say the two threads are about equal.

Lamel

Banned
Lunchbox is an institution in this thread.

As for the fitness thread, to a beginner it can be VERY daunting. I suggest going in there, and reading the massive OP, and doing your own research/trials, before you ask them any major questions. Guys in there have been doing their shit for years, which can be tough for newcomers.

This thread doesn't feel snobby at all though; clothing in general is just expensive if you want it good.

yeah the only thing that might feel exclusionary imo is difference in how much some people are willing/have to spend but then how many times has uniqlo been recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom