• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin

I ordered a Baracuta G9 last night.

steve-mcqueen-1-0308-lg.jpg

Legendary jacket!

sruckus

I posted a ESQ Movado watch a page back or so, but also discovered Fossil that look decent and are much cheaper. What's Gaf's opinion on them?

CFMOORE!

I ordered a Baracuta G9 last night.

steve-mcqueen-1-0308-lg.jpg

Legendary jacket!

not that i will buy that jacket, but that brand has some interesting stuff. looks like my wallet will weep a bit more this week. last week was super horrible. and being in the US means prices are even higher!!

Zeppelin

I've toyed with the idea of getting one but I already have a harrington (fendi in nylon) so it seems kind of redundant. but at the same time, it would be cotton and beige so it's totally justifiable! :D

CFMOORE!

Al right. We'll see how things turn out when it arrives.

looking at the size chart illustrations actually makes the vintage fit appear to be the slimmest cut. pay attention to it. not that it is wholly indicative of it being slimmer than their "slim fit" as the names sound contradictory, but it certainly appears so.

oh weird, and now it does say vintage is "even slimmer" than slim fit. it didn't say that a few mins. ago.

Zeppelin

looking at the size chart illustrations actually makes the vintage fit appear to be the slimmest cut. pay attention to it. not that it is wholly indicative of it being slimmer than their "slim fit" as the names sound contradictory, but it certainly appears so.

oh weird, and now it does say vintage is "even slimmer" than slim fit. it didn't say that a few mins. ago.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I wanted the G9 Made in England though so I hadn't much choice.

I've only got a 35" chest though, so that's my problem.

Ah, I guess that might explain it. That would almost put you half a size under their smallest size, chest wise.

my harrington is awesome; it's not barracuta though. even has an elastic collar :D

now that I think about it, pretty much all of my casual jackets are elastic waist and cuff.

This is going to be a stretch but does anyone know the brand/style of the sunglasses Chris Klein's character wears in American Reunion? They are shown on the beach scene, but I can't find jack shit for images/clips of it online. This is the closest I've got.

2413_D037_00173.jpg

Movie sucks though otherwise. Help me manshion GAF.

I enjoyed the movie, I was drunk tho... they look like maui jims, which are pretty much the de facto high-end beach shades. could be anything really, just seek out metal aviators with thin arms.

sangreal

This is going to be a stretch but does anyone know the brand/style of the sunglasses Chris Klein's character wears in American Reunion? They are shown on the beach scene, but I can't find jack shit for images/clips of it online. This is the closest I've got.

2413_D037_00173.jpg

Movie sucks though otherwise. Help me manshion GAF.

No idea, but here is a better picture.

VsFfy.png

spicy cho

Damn, would have copped a g9 vintage in beige but they're out of stock. I'll check back once in a while, been wanting a harrington.

UraMallas

I'm probably not going to get an answer but I should at least try. I've been looking for the glasses frames that Agent Lincoln Lee wears in Fringe. Not the black ones but the ones from the newer episodes that are more square and metallic in color. Does anybody know where I could find them? I'm about to give up. I would provide a picture but I can't find one of him in the new glasses on Google, just the old ones.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question about jeans. I have this odd issue happen when I buy jeans. I'll buy a pair that seems to fit, and when I go to wear them they are a bit loose around the waist but tight around my thighs.

I am wearing Levis straight leg now and just bought them (I have dropped from a size 38 to a 34 now due to weight loss) and they are a bit too loose around the waist, but tight around the thighs when sitting to the point they start to ride up a bit.

Should I buy a different fit? I like the straight leg look and don't want them too baggy around my shoes...

Question about jeans. I have this odd issue happen when I buy jeans. I'll buy a pair that seems to fit, and when I go to wear them they are a bit loose around the waist but tight around my thighs.

I wear a 32 and that's about how my pants fit. They're supposed to be...snug, I suppose, around the thigh and you'll definitely feel them constrict a bit and maybe ride up when you're sitting.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I wear a 32 and that's about how my pants fit. They're supposed to be...snug, I suppose, around the thigh and you'll definitely feel them constrict a bit and maybe ride up when you're sitting.

I dislike it though. :p Gives me high-waters almost when I sit and after moving around in my chair a bit they get all off and I have to stand up and fix them.

I may try another brand or fit...

Alucrid

Banned
Oh Fedex. Come a minute after I leave for class to drop off my jeans and force me to walk 40 minutes to and from your facility to get them. :|

On the bright side, making more siiiiick fadez

park and bond, zappos couture, endless IMO. I like places such as yoox/the corner but they are very hit or miss re: large sizes.

Varvatos has these

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/Six_o_Six_Convertible_Boot/pd/c/31/np/31/p/1374.html

?

a little more pointy than the aldo but would look good with that burberry coat you got, I would think.

The shoes are pointy and a bit shiny for my taste, because of the warm weather I haven't been wearing the jacket much at all, as much as I love it

For Toronto Manshion-GAF:

*Goes into hair salon, walk out of the salon minute after, with card in hand.

appointments, for hair cuts. :(

EDIT: Nah, I normally go to a barber, not a salon.

Edit: Got the appointment, and a date. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom