• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmML1.jpg

Butteros?
How much do these usually run for? I can't seem to find them online

Piecake

Hello fashion Gaf, i was hoping you could help me out. I am looking for a winter jacket, but none of the ones ive found i liked.

Basically, what i want is something warm (I live in Minnesota), something that i can wear on casual as well as dressier occasions (and not look foolish). I dont want something like a Pea coat or a trench coat (dont like the coat going past the waist/junk) and I dont want something insanely poofy either. I also dont want to spend a butt load on it.

Does such a mythical coat exist?

Hello fashion Gaf, i was hoping you could help me out. I am looking for a winter jacket, but none of the ones ive found i liked.

Basically, what i want is something warm (I live in Minnesota), something that i can wear on casual as well as dressier occasions (and not look foolish). I dont want something like a Pea coat or a trench coat (dont like the coat going past the waist/junk) and I dont want something insanely poofy either. I also dont want to spend a butt load on it.

Yeah it's called a pea coat. I got one from H&M that ends a couple of inches below my belt (like six or so inches below my hips).

And your waist is above your hip bones, if you had a coat that ended at your waist it would look beyond ridiculous.

Roofy

Lets have Parks and Rec field this one

http://www.office.co.uk/mens/ralph_lauren/bienne_boat_shoe/71/10572/28330/1/

bought these, I have some grey slim fitting jeans... can i wear these shoes sockless acompanied with a matching belt with those jeans? also what about dark grey blue jean or,is that to close to black. If it helps most of the tops i wear are plain v neck or regular neck t-shirt . are there any rules on what shoes to where with what pants ahhhhhhhhh i am clueless fashion gaf!

Musan

Brooks Brothers is having a sale here off their outerwear. Most of it is country style, but it's worth a look.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stumbled on this site today and I got converted to the cult of Manshion instantly.

Asian Fashion = god tier.

Man this is going to burn such a huge hole in my wallet.

Raelson

Stumbled on this site today and I got converted to the cult of Manshion instantly.

Asian Fashion = god tier.

Man this is going to burn such a huge hole in my wallet.

I come out of my lurker cave to warn you a bit. The clothes on that website looks exactly like the ones that yesstyle and the likes sell, i. e very bad quality.

Also, relevant image from /fa/:
*removed* (wording may or may not offend you)

Just sayin'.

Raelson

Are you kidding me? Not only has a variant of that image been posted before, it's been one with the "faggot" bits. Get that shit out of here.

Just because it's been posted doesn't mean he's seen it. And if the wording offends you in any way, i'll just change it to a link. It's just that it's a really fast way to show what the problem is.

Mangotron

70w0l.jpg

Quick and dirty PC edit. Long and short of it is that yesstyles stuff looks great in the pictures due to copious amounts of pinning, buffed-out models, and dramatic lighting. In actuality they are cheaply made and awkwardly cut.

soultron

Banned
Just because it's been posted doesn't mean he's seen it. And if the wording offends you in any way, i'll just change it to a link. It's just that it's a really fast way to show what the problem is.

Why would you even link to it?

Just because you don't prefer this style of dress (hell, neither do I) doesn't mean somebody's a "final fantasy faggot" for wanting to dress that way.

Why don't you just say, "Hey, the fit is shit and the materials/workmanship is poor."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For the record Soultron I wasn't going to buy any of those four things. Well the second thing looks pretty good (even the IRL pic, I think.) I agree with you though, that pic wasn't that helpful, and neither was its tone.

I just want a good coat and some nice pants and shirts.

soultron

Banned
For the record Soultron I wasn't going to buy any of those four things. Well the second thing looks pretty good (even the IRL pic, I think.) I agree with you though, that pic wasn't that helpful, and neither was its tone.

I just want a good coat and some nice pants and shirts.

That's totally fine, my dude. We rib on eachother in this thread for certain fashion choices, but posting an image that drops faggot bombs isn't cool, in my opinion.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's totally fine, my dude. We rib on eachother in this thread for certain fashion choices, but posting an image that drops faggot bombs isn't cool, in my opinion.

Nope, it isn't.

Will probably be lurking mostly but this seems like a cool thread. Glad it's here, at least.

Wow, you guys really took this to heart.

The image was clearly made to help people. Even though the tone is harsh, it's sound advice based on reality. People get offended too easily.
In life in general, it usually doesn't help the cause of 'sound advice' to be insulting. It's not a matter of being offended, it's a matter of the unnecessary. Sure, go in any other thread about people getting offended over silly things and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. But the use of that word in this particular instance was wholly unnecessary.

That's fine if it goes somewhere else, but as a part of the ToS on GAF, that word, when used in a negative way, is banned. Let's just make everything easier on everyone and just omit the word. Black it out and the poster doesn't get called out, and no one else has an issue either. It's so simple!

soultron

Banned
Wow, you guys really took this to heart.

The image was clearly made to help people. Even though the tone is harsh, it's sound advice based on reality. People get offended too easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw
bye

It was made to help people, sure. Then it went into the realm of insulting people for their choice in fashion.

When you drop an image like that, when you could've just said, "Hey, the fit is terrible, the advertising is made to fool you, and the garment will probably fall apart in 3 weeks," it makes you look like you're calling someone a faggot because the picture (and text within) are doing the talking for you. Like, for real, you're posting on GAF, not a #chan or reddit.

I'm done blowing this up, but shit, smarten up or you'll end up getting yourself banned.

Raelson

I don't think it's bannable offense in this context, but I would love to hear a mod's opinion on it. I see no problem with the image, but I guess I see things a bit different from you guys.

I'm not gonna remove the image, cause i truly don't see a problem with it. I guess that makes me kinda edgy, but I like sticking to my guns and don't really mind receiving some hate for it.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't think it's bannable offense in this context, but I would love to hear a mod's opinion on it. I see no problem with the image, but I guess I see things a bit different from you guys.

I'm not gonna remove the image, cause i truly don't see a problem with it. I guess that makes me kinda edgy, but I like sticking to my guns and don't really mind receiving some hate for it.

so edgy man

soultron

Banned

I PM'd a MOD for you so you can get their opinion. You probably won't be banned, no. (EDIT: Nope, you were.)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
70w0l.jpg

Quick and dirty PC edit. Long and short of it is that yesstyles stuff looks great in the pictures due to copious amounts of pinning, buffed-out models, and dramatic lighting. In actuality they are cheaply made and awkwardly cut.

Thanks for this. The henley shirt i bought online does not fit like the picture. Now i know not to only go by photos.

Violater

Quick question, how long does it usually take to get a response from Jackthreads.com?
Would it be easier to get an invite from a kind gaffer?
What are the shipping times and return policies like?

How do you guys wear your slacks/trousers? Most of mine are slight break, but most of them need to be slimmed down. I wear 36x32 in most, so the legs fit wayyyyyy too big... looking to get that remedied tomorrow, as my friend's dad (who is a tailor) is going to be working on them. I'm thinking a taper starting at the knees for most of them and making sure there is little to no break. What say you guys?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Quick question, how long does it usually take to get a response from Jackthreads.com?
Would it be easier to get an invite from a kind gaffer?
What are the shipping times and return policies like?

I can send you an invite if you want. You can PM me your email.

CFMOORE!

How do you guys wear your slacks/trousers? Most of mine are slight break, but most of them need to be slimmed down. I wear 36x32 in most, so the legs fit wayyyyyy too big... looking to get that remedied tomorrow, as my friend's dad (who is a tailor) is going to be working on them. I'm thinking a taper starting at the knees for most of them and making sure there is . What say you guys?

that sounds about right to me, so long as in the thighs they're working for ya. i tend to go no break when I get my pants tailored. I generally have come to not like them. I like the pant to sit right above the shoe line. I wear interesting socks usually so it is cool as it helps show the sock off a little and keeps the pant's lines super clean, which I think helps make you look like a daper mother fucker.

Roofy

It's OK. I find it's mostly "miss," but there are a few "hits" for me that make it worth it.

I've set up my gmail to filter all MyHabit emails out. I was so tired of getting emails from them about products I had no care for. I mean, they're owned by amazon. They should know CRM better than anyone

sidenote: If anyone wants an invite to MyHabit or Jackthreads just PM your email and I'll send it

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've set up my gmail to filter all MyHabit emails out. I was so tired of getting emails from them about products I had no care for. I mean, they're owned by amazon. They should know CRM better than anyone

sidenote: If anyone wants an invite to MyHabit or Jackthreads just PM your email and I'll send it

Hrm, what's Jackthreads and why should I want an invite? :)

Roofy

I find jackthreads to be pretty bad.

same here. I'm really disappointed with how group-buying has fared for clothing

Hrm, what's Jackthreads and why should I want an invite? :)

they cater to more of a skater crowd but do have more I've-realized-I'm-not-a-kid-anymore-and-cant-only-wear-vans attire at times.
worth it to have in case there is ever anything you might like there.

I've had relative success with them. Some things don't fit like you'd expect based on the image, but that's the risk you take with online orders. The higher priced stuff makes me reluctant to order because of this.

Often you can find the exact same clothing on Amazon or elsewhere for a better price and no wait for stock to be fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom