• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Fashion Bean's Colour guides
Monochromes

Intro to colour

And this tumblr page is pretty good
http://vavlt.tumblr.com/

Awesome, thanks.

For reference here are the pants, and shirt I wear with them. Lighting may make them look a bit different. Both are slightly darker.

IMG_20120416_225753.jpg

UK Manshion gaf,

Looking for somewhere that does really good graphic t shirts.

I'd shop on the high street but I hate when I'm out and I see someone with the same clobber as me.

Anyone aware of any good websites for me to check out.

Cheers

Flash

I might be going to India sometime in the summer and since I'm in need of a suit, I'm thinking of getting something made there. Anyone have any sort of experience with this? (Not specifically in India or whatever, but getting a suit tailor made in a foreign country)

All my cousin told me to do is bring the material along with the style of suit that I want them to make. Anyone have any suggestions?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Any suggestions for where to get pants for work? I wear dress pants + polos most days. Any decently priced khakis that are comfy, or are chinos ok as well?

spicy cho

Hey gaf, is this safe for a job interview at a bank? I have a white, non-club collar shirt that's safer, but I wore that with a different tie to the first one. I'm kind of limited far as shirts go, obviously I'll need to pick up some more if I get the job.

BdzPcl.jpg

CFMOORE!

Hey gaf, is this safe for a job interview at a bank? I have a white, non-club collar shirt that's safer, but I wore that with a different tie to the first one. I'm kind of limited far as shirts go, obviously I'll need to pick up some more if I get the job.

BdzPc.jpg

over thinking things a bit. that is totally fine.

BdzPc.jpg

That's pretty much what I'd expect a banker to wear, yeah.

spicy cho

Cool, thanks guys. I've just read some hate on club/contrast collars on reddit, so I figured I'd ask. I figured it was fine, and I hate the reddit community in general so I guess it was a sign I'm on the right track.

CFMOORE!

Cool, thanks guys. I've just read some hate on club/contrast collars on reddit, so I figured I'd ask. I figured it was fine, and I hate the reddit community in general so I guess it was a sign I'm on the right track.

the contrast collars are typically called "banker" shirts anyways. buy a whole lot when you get the job ;) I only ever had one, fit like shit so I tossed it. but I've been meaning to pick up another.

spicy cho

the contrast collars are typically called "banker" shirts anyways. buy a whole lot when you get the job ;) I only ever had one, fit like shit so I tossed it. but I've been meaning to pick up another.
Don't know if you've heard of them, but I picked that one up from frank & oak at the beggining of the month. I've gotten three shirts from there so far, very pleased with the fit.

New Standards. I went with a 28 since I wasn't sure if they were using the new sizing or not like they are with some raw pairs. So a 28 would be one up from what I normally buy or one down from what I normally buy. Turns out it was one up. :(

I'll live with em though mainly because 28 was the smallest size they had and no they're out of stock. I'm sure once I get break them in they'll drape better.
Wasn't aware of the new sizing policy of APC? Are they sizing up or down ?

A crappy pic of my NS apc's , been rockin them for 4 months now : http://i.imgur.com/3lnk6.jpg

I find it hard to find t-shirts that look good on me. I'm tall, and have long, lean muscles, so I like to wear shirts with short sleaves. Anything that goes near my elboes, I hate it. I work at Sports Authority, and nothing from Under Armour and Nike (well, besides UA cotton charge and Tech shirts) I can find.

CFMOORE!

Don't know if you've heard of them, but I picked that one up from frank & oak at the beggining of the month. I've gotten three shirts from there so far, very pleased with the fit.

might look into this. i have a small frame, so XS is a requirement but even those can be somewhat billowy

Lunchbox

Banned
what are those plastic sunglasses with colored handles called?

like the glasses and the frame are black plastic and the side handles are green, orange, blue etc. you see them at the beach alot

picked up some boat shoes over the weekend:
NMN1MER_mx.jpg

getting warmer over here, so i hope to wear these out on the weekend with some rolled up chinos

I find it hard to find t-shirts that look good on me. I'm tall, and have long, lean muscles, so I like to wear shirts with short sleaves. Anything that goes near my elboes, I hate it. I work at Sports Authority, and nothing from Under Armour and Nike (well, besides UA cotton charge and Tech shirts) I can find.
Have you tried the mossimo athletic fit from target? They have high and tight armholes and taper nicely through the waist, and are a pinch on the longer side, and they fit much better than say American apparel or Hanes, fwiw.

Violater

I need a new look that will work for a black male in his early 30's that wont make me look like a douche, or too preppy.
I wish I was man enough to pull off a captain badass, but then again who doesn't.

Boken

Banned

BdzPcl.jpg

Tie your knot bigger with that kind of collar.

Unless I am on an actual boat I don't get it at all.
Especially the bolded
I agree about the rolled-up chinos (wtf, just wear shorts bro); but Sperries are classic and look good in damned near any setting. They're casual but sharp.
I need a new look that will work for a black male in his early 30's that wont make me look like a douche, or too preppy.
I wish I was man enough to pull off a captain badass, but then again who doesn't.
There's classic prep and there's hipster prep. One is lame, and one is timeless. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom