• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March is a pretty big month for gaming, what are you buying?

OP, you forgot Story of Seasons.

Story of Seasons and Bloodborne for me. And of course, the PS+ games. Maybe something else if I see a good sale.

LordAmused

It will be:

- Sid Meier's Starships (PC)
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
- Pillars of Eternity (O YEAH. PC)

Every one of them will be day-one.

Velcro Fly

Code Name Steam

I'll probably get Type-0 eventually but I don't have a PS4 yet. I'm sure I can wait until the fall and find it for $30 or below.

Gattsu25

Banned
March Release Schedule:

Helldivers (PS4, PS3, Vita) - March 3
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U, 3DS) - March 5
Cities: Skylines (PC) - March 10
Hotline Miami 2 (PS4, PS3, Vita, PC) - March 10
Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One, PC) - March 11
Sid Meier's Starships (PC, Mac, iOS) - March 12
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) - March 13
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Xbox One, PS4) - March 17
Bloodborne (PS4) - March 24
Pillars of Eternity (PC) - March 26

The ones in bold are locks. The others I will wait and see some reviews first.

Wensih

Oceanhorn looks pretty neat for a Zelda clone! Thanks for the spotlight on it; I'll definitely have to keep an eye on it!

LOCK

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) - March 13
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Xbox One, PS4) - March 17
Mario Party 10 (Wii U) - March 20

I may be missing something.

Arulan

Pillars of Eternity is easily one of my most anticipated titles of the past decade. I already backed it on Kickstarter, and honestly, everything else can wait.

Ori & Blind forest is all I need, but tempted to pick up Forza Horizon 2...

We may get Mario Party eventually, but I am personally waiting for Splatoon on Wii U, and still trying to find some time to pick up Shovel Knight and give it a try.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Bloodborne and Type-0 are locks so far.

Semi-tempted by Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars, not sure if I'll bite on that.

Probably going to pick up the PS version of Shovel Knight.

ldcommando

Banned
For now, hotline Miami 2 only. Still undecided on bloodborne, especially after dark souls 2. Man, that game sucked.

Bloodborne
Ori and the Blind Forest
Battlefield Hardline

Those for sure. Beyond that? Maybe RE:Revelations 2 if the reviews pan out good. I wish they would just sell the whole thing together on disc.

overcast

Hotline Miami 2 and Bloodborne. I'm just going to help my brother buy Bloodborne, not really a fan of the Souls games.

Ashkeloth

Bloodborne - Absolutely, definitely. The only game on this list I've bothered to pre-order

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 90% sure I'm getting this but I'm not going to throw down the funds until I read some impressions saying the port's good and the game is at least as decent as Crisis Core. My trust in Square-Enix is pretty low at this point.

Toukiden Kiwami - I enjoyed the first one on Vita for what it was and Monster Hunter 4 got me in the mood to hunt again. The existence of a PS4 version has practically sealed the deal for me on this unless I hear bad things about the port quality.

Those are the only 3 games in March I'm really interested in, but I'm keeping my eye on impressions of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Bladestorm: Nightmare. If the former is the quality of port I'm hoping, I'll pick that up. The latter is more because I became somewhat of a Musou/Koei Tecmo fan near the beginning of this gen and so like to keep an eye on their releases just in case I missed something because I paid so much attention to musou bashing during last generation, though from the impressions I've read of the original, I'll likely end up giving it a miss.

Oh, and Oreshika is on my radar, too. I just haven't researched it enough yet to make a call either way.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Just bloodborne for me. Maybe HM2 depending on price. Was hoping axiom verge would be of the ps+ titles. Will get it eventually. Would get POE if I had a good enough pc.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (PS4)
Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4)
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4)

I think it's enough for this month...

Namikaze

FF Type 0 for sure, I really want that Collectors edition. I might get Bloodbourne if I have the time later in the month.

Bloodborne
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
DmC Definitive Edition
Digimon Cyber Sleuth or Oreshika (Not sure which one yet, but buying both would be RPG overkill for the month)

SerodD

Codename: STEAM isn't coming to Europe until may, so all I'm buying is Bloodborne, maybe Mario vs DK if it's decent.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Battlefield Hardline PS4 - March 17 x2
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - (Xbox One) March 17
Mario Party 10 (Wii U) - March 20 with all dem amiibo
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Xbox One) - March 24 x2 (maybe)

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Looking through the list the only game I'm really psyched for there is Hotline Miami 2 (I'm vita-less and aside from my pc I only brought my ps3 and 3ds with me so many of these aren't even playable). I loved the first game. Great tracks, great Miami vice aesthetic. The whole game oozed with personality, and I hope the sequel shows a similar amount of care.

Top Bottom