• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Let's go Mountaineers!

Super happy to be back in the Sweet 16 and with a win over one of my most loathed schools and one our our old nemesises from our Big East days. :D

Great season. I'm satisfied at this point and going any further is just butter as I've seen us as around the 10-15th best team in the country all year.

Will be rooting hard for NW. Still have bad memories of getting curb stomped by Gonzaga in the tourney in 2012.

clav

Why does the tournament look like B1G paired up with #1 & #2 seeds in round of 32?

Will be rooting hard for NW. Still have bad memories of getting curb stomped by Gonzaga in the tourney in 2012.

Bracket would be destroyed if Northwestern wins.

Karl2177

Why does the tournament look like B1G paired up with #1 & #2 seeds in round of 32?

Of the major conferences, they were the only one to end the season without a clear favorite. Michigan and Sparty ended strong, but struggled early in the season. Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Maryland all had good starts and fell in the final weeks. Purdue and Northwestern were the only two B1G tourney teams that I thought played consistent throughout the year, it's just that they didn't seem as dominant as some of the other major conference teams.

HiResDes

Let's go Mountaineers!

Super happy to be back in the Sweet 16 and with a win over one of my most loathed schools and one our our old nemesises from our Big East days. :D

Great season. I'm satisfied at this point and going any further is just butter as I've seen us as around the 10-15th best team in the country all year.

I have West Virginia beating Gonzaga : )

nillapuddin

I watched the 2nd half of Wichita St/Dayton

this definitely isnt the Wichita that we last saw (3 NBA dudes) and honestly I thought they played kinda poorly. But still, cant overlook them

kenpom.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I watched the 2nd half of Wichita St/Dayton

this definitely isnt the Wichita that we last saw (3 NBA dudes) and honestly I thought they played kinda poorly. But still, cant overlook them

A couple of things to consider with Wichita is that one Dayton is a pretty good team as well and two they hadn't played in like 10 days thanks to the MVC conference tourney ending so long ago. I think they look better tomorrow. But yeah Van Vleet and Baker aren't walking through that door. This version of the Shockers wears you down with lots of bodies and constant pressure.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Tough 2nd round matchup for Nova. Wisconsin is underseeded by quite a bit.

Mrbob

Wouldn't predict a Nova loss yet, wiscy will have to endure their second half surge. I do agree though this matchup is dumb in the second round. This is a sweet 16 match up at the very least. Committee screwed both teams by underseeding Wisconsin and then putting the best 8 seed against the top 1 seed.

Mrbob

Refs screwing Wisconsin today. How many arm push offs can Nova guards get away with while calling tacky stuff on Koenig.

Refs screwing Wisconsin today. How many arm push offs can Nova guards get away with while calling tacky stuff on Koenig.

I came in here to post the same thing. Officials are not calling a good game. Wisconsin is being screwed. It's helped Villanova tremendously in their comeback

Mrbob

Holy shit this is going to the wire. I thought wiscy was about to lay down when it was 57-50.

Lol such bad luck outside the timeout.

lt519

Bracket potentially busted ):

At least I don't have to sweat Rhode Island making the Elite Eight anymore in my 100+ person pool.

Hopefully I'm speaking way to soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom