• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

As someone who watches basketball occasionally, I still don't understand fouling in one scenario.

So if a defender just puts hands straight up and doesn't move, but the ball carrier just curves into the defender without toppling the player, that's the defender's fault?

As someone who watches basketball ocassionally, I still don't understand fouling in one scenario.

So if a defender just puts hands straight up and doesn't move, but the ball carrier just curves into the defender without toppling him, that's the defender's fault?

That should be a no call, but that's one of those situations refs are very inconsistent on.

Fjordson

As someone who watches basketball ocassionally, I still don't understand fouling in one scenario.

So if a defender just puts hands straight up and doesn't move, but the ball carrier just curves into the defender without toppling him, that's the defender's fault?
That's an iffy call that refs get wrong sometimes. It happens so fast that I'd wager the refs are (understandably) guessing half the time.

Theoretically should not be a foul on the defender if he's going straight up.

bill0527

first time I've seen Kentucky play in a couple of months. Looks like a typical Calipari team. Athletic first round draft pick studs who can get to the rim at will but can't shoot for shit from three and can't defend it either.

Fjordson

first time I've seen Kentucky play in a couple of months. Looks like a typical Calipari team. Athletic first round draft pick studs who can get to the rim at will but can't shoot for shit from three and can't defend it either.
Pretty much.

Malik Monk is an unreal shooter, but that's it.

impirius

I don't know about you guys, but as a Gamecocks fan who hasn't seen this team in the tournament for 13 years, this game is just the best . I hope they can keep this pace up the rest of the way

So for upsets, we got a few 6 over 11 and a 5 over 12, and that's it? That's gotta be the fewest ever top 5 seeds to lose in the first round in the 64-68 team tournaments.

Fjordson

Pretty uninspiring performance from UK. Gonna lose to WSU on Sunday playing like this.

I see Fjordson put the memo out on not staring at Ros. Lonzo barely looked at her.. lol
Lmao! Damn, I'm on the Kentucky game. Disappointed I missed her.

Ros is bad af. She's part of why I keep my Golden State season tickets tbh.

1 down. Can't really say I was worried that they were going to lose at any point, but man. They let anyone hang in there.

23/31 for the first round. Barely any of my upsets came through, holy shit at South Carolina though.

Pretty uninspiring performance from UK. Gonna lose to WSU on Sunday playing like this.

Lmao! Damn, I'm on the Kentucky game. Disappointed I missed her.

Ros is bad af. She's part of why I keep my Golden State season tickets tbh.
She can work both G St and NCAA since it's in Sac town. Double for you

Mrbob

Funny how the first two days were supposed to be the most open of all for winners and yet most games ever up being chalk.

Proelite

Funny how the first two days were supposed to be the most open of all for winners and yet most games ever up being chalk.

There are a lot of good teams at the top, 1-20 range. Usually there are only around 5 really good teams.

Falchion

Why do yellow outfits have to have the ugliest variations. Between this and Baylor's neon yesterday, I don't know anymore.

I can dead with Baylor's since they remind me of Oregon football which is always exciting, I just can't do the ugly mustard stuff.

see5harp

I got to sit in student section for Oregon and creighton games. Man it was sad to watch creighton. Their 7 foot center better not enter the draft. Dude doesn't deserve to be drafted in the first round and I hope to God the kings don't waste a pick on that worthless fuck boy.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hope WVU can put a little run together here. Got the lead back to ten, but have several times and just hven't been able to keep it going and put the game away. ND makes me nervous as hell as we lost so damn many close games to them when we were in the Big East.

Falchion

Hope WVU can put a little run together here. Got the lead back to ten, but have several times and just hven't been able to keep it going and put the game away. ND makes me nervous as hell as we lost so damn many close games to them when we were in the Big East.

I think WVU has it in the bag at this point. Notre Dame just isn't right for some reason.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think WVU has it in the bag at this point. Notre Dame just isn't right for some reason.

Yeah, our press and defense in general has bothered them much more than I thought it would with their experience and solid guard play.

We just still can't put the game away. Get up by 10-12 and then leaves them wide open or threes or have terrible unforced turnovers trying to get too fancy with passes etc. Super stupid technical on Gibbs for ND just now helps though.

People smack and grab the ball from the other team all the time. That's the first time I've seen someone get T'd up for it. The refs are annoying this tournament. Just stay out of the game.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Bonzi Colton is a hell of a player. Has single handily kept ND in the game. Well that and us going over 6 minutes without a FG. *sigh*

West Virginia can't close it out, Notre Dame can't step up and take it.

Yeah, we've sucked at closing out games for the most part all year. Mostly close wins or losses against decent teams as we always tend to struggle the last 10 minutes. I think playing the press wears us down for the end of games more than it does the opponents some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom