• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after 2.5 rounds (including the First Four), the ACC has lost half of its teams.

Last year we had 6 teams make the S16. This year we're guaranteed no more than 4.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nah that poster is trying to dispute his behavior.

You at least understand the slight difference.

Yeah 5 minutes into the game and that would have been perfectly acceptable IMO. Izzo is the master of the early technical to get his team pumped up and it usually gets them a few make up calls.

spyder_ur

OK I guess you guys are looking for a reason why Northwestern lost.

You don't win games playing first half like that.

To dwindle to it one call and because Chris Collins got a technical is the sole reason is not the full picture.

Not sure I follow. My reactions were actually in response to all the complaints about that one call and what a big 4 point swing it was. We're in agreement about that it seems.

I think they lost mostly because the Zags are a good, deep, physical team. They gave it a good run.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
If Saint Mary's beats Arizona I might scream, I've taken too many L's today in my bracket

FSU and Zona out of WVU's way if we can get past Gonzaga?

My bracket can fuck off. I'd love it.

Silkworm

Go Gators

As the great Joakim Noah once said, "Them Gator Boys are hot!" (or words to that effect) :-D

Just need them to keep it up in the 2nd half. They have a penchant for going through long dry spells offensively, but if they don't let UVA get on an offensive run, I feel good about things.

Go Gators! :)

spyder_ur

This St. Mary's - Zona game is really good. Very well played.

Also, if you like post play and have mixed feelings that it seems to be going away in modern basketball, it's on display in spades in this one.

lt519

This Zona St Mary game is pretty good right now. Y'all need to watch it.

Yeah this is a great game, St Mary's passing is excellent but Arizona is clearly more athletic. Foul trouble is gonna do them in. The quality of games has been all over the place today. Virginia is setting a record for airballs.

Zackat

Florida usually has a five minute period during their games where they forget all the fundamentals of basketball, so I'm not ready to call it game over just yet.
Yep really frustrating.

Also, is that SFV E-League commercial airing a lot? I havent watched much of the tournament to this point.

And Go Gators.

Silkworm

Florida usually has a five minute period during their games where they forget all the fundamentals of basketball, so I'm not ready to call it game over just yet.

This is what I fear but Virginia is not a high scoring team so I'm hoping if the Gators go cold then Virginia won't be able to take too much advantage of it. So far so good.

This is what I fear but Virginia is not a high scoring team so I'm hoping if the Gators go cold then Virginia won't be able to take too much advantage of it. So far so good.

Yep, that's definitely a valid point. I thought about mentioning something along those lines, but I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth though.

But, like you said, keep this level of play up and it'll be smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom