• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that blatant 4 point swing for a missed call forces some kind of coaches' challenge in NCAA basketball. It is ridiculous the kind of shit that can determine games like this compared to the other sports.

Edit: Not that it matters in the long term because either of those teams would/will be destroyed by WVU.

Love,

a UK fan.

clav

The kid made the final highlight montage. Legend.

Yeah. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of memes with his face.

Hopefully that blatant 4 point swing for a missed call forces some kind of coaches' challenge in NCAA basketball. It is ridiculous the kind of shit that can determine games like this compared to the other sports.

Pretty sure Doug Collins was just as furious as his son was.

Ah well. gg

Perhaps when Northwestern can finally recruit consistently to have a larger bench, they will be back. So many potential recruits turned away. Close game showings usually help.

I'm going to relax to the tune of Outrun Last Wave: https://youtu.be/rH2zAdwZZL0

spyder_ur

Edit: Not that it matters in the long term because either of those teams would/will be destroyed by WVU.

Love,

a UK fan.

I don't disagree about the challenges, but it wasn't a 4 point swing like everyone keeps saying. It was one basket in a long game. Collins was entirely capable of controlling himself and not compounding the problem.

clav

I don't disagree about the challenges, but it wasn't a 4 point swing like everyone keeps saying. It was one basket in a long game. Collins was entirely capable of controlling himself and not compounding the problem.

There was also a missed goal tending call + a foul that came along with it.

spyder_ur

I actually like the coach did that.

When Pat Fitzgerald took over Northwestern's football team, he didn't really slow emotion until recent years for some uncalled fouls.

Energizes the team.

It certainly didn't tonight. They lost some composure at that point.

If there's a time for that, it's not down 5 in the second half.

He seems like a really good coach, but he messed up big time there and pardoning him from that because of a bad call is dumb. I bet he'll say as much too.

Xavier is better than most people think it's just their main defensive player went out for the season and they needed time to adjust their defense.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Xavier is better than most people think it's just their main defensive player went out for the season and they needed time to adjust their defense.

Sumner wasn't just their best defensive player he was also their best all around offensive player. It was big drop off having to start Goodwin in his place.

clav

It certainly didn't tonight. They lost some composure at that point.

If there's a time for that, it's not down 5 in the second half.

He seems like a really good coach, but he messed up big time there and pardoning him from that because of a bad call is dumb. I bet he'll say as much too.

3bpejFI.jpg

ZcupdCc.jpg

A no call is absolutely unacceptable dude. Come on.

Are you trying to rile me up or something?

Team laid it all second half. Outscored a #1 seed. Hopefully will see the tourney again soon.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nobody is disputing the call. They are disputing his reaction to the call. It's understandable but it was not the right thing to do at the time.

spyder_ur

A no call is absolutely unacceptable dude. Come on.

Are you trying to rile me up or something?

Team laid it all second half. Outscored a #1 seed. Hopefully will see the tourney again soon.

Nobody is disputing the call. They are disputing his reaction to the call. It's understandable but it was not the right thing to do at the time.

Exactly.

It's understandable, but it's a huge mistake.

Mrbob

Yeah I don't think you can call that play a 4 point swing because Collins needs to keep his emotions in check. It was the right thing to T him up for running on the court like that.

clav

Nah that poster is trying to dispute his behavior.

You at least understand the slight difference.

Yeah I don't think you can call that play a 4 point swing because Collins needs to keep his emotions in check. It was the right thing to T him up for running on the court like that.

Exactly.

It's understandable, but it's a huge mistake.

OK I guess you guys are looking for a reason why Northwestern lost.

You don't win games playing first half like that.

To dwindle to it one call and because Chris Collins got a technical is the sole reason is not the full picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom