• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Not being able to call TO and set up a play was killer there.

I've seen that at least 5 times this tourney, where a team doesn't have a TO near the end of the game and it costs them. Terrible TO management overall.

College coaches tend to overcoach, particularly in pressure situations.

lt519

They could have used a timeout at the end to draw up some plays, really hurt they didn't have any. Two non possessions, tough pill to swallow.

iamblades

I've seen that at least 5 times this tourney, where a team doesn't have a TO near the end of the game and it costs them. Terrible TO management overall.

College coaches tend to overcoach, particularly in pressure situations.

Not all of them, guys like Cal and Roy probably go too far the other direction. I prefer that style though, nothing worse than a coach micromanaging the last 5 minutes of a gamne and making it take 30 minutes.

They have their next Van Vleet.

Also what do you think of the Underwood hire?
Very happy with Underwood. Obviously hard to guess things like the "floor vs ceiling" on how good we can be until a few years of seeing how he does with recruits, but ... my impression of Underwood is that with his understanding of the game, his next job might be an NBA gig. And if that happens, great, it means we'll have won a lot of games in the meantime.

Proelite

Arkansas should be packing it in. Running with the Heels is laughable.

If Heels lose then that doesn't bode well for Duke tonight.

The ACC was a bubble.

bgbball31

No offense to Arkansas, but the fact that they and Wisconsin were seeded equally is a joke.

Edit so I don't double post: If Michigan State wins this, Tom Izzo is a wizard.

nillapuddin

Wisconsin could also be the best 8 seed ever too

Tourney committee fucked up this year

almost at every turn they fucked up

No offense to Arkansas, but the fact that they and Wisconsin were seeded equally is a joke.

Edit so I don't double post: If Michigan State wins this, Tom Izzo is a wizard.

Seeing MSU like this is something else, havent seen them since november

we beat them 69-48 and I thought wow, MSU major down year, wizard status confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom