• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Lack of depth killing duke and I feel like that's not the first time I've seen that. Given their slew of recruits I find that pattern a little odd (I know there's some injuries this year).

It way too much to expect 7 guys to play aggressive man for 40 minutes, especially against tourney teams and playing more often.

Falchion

Lack of depth killing duke and I feel like that's not the first time I've seen that. Given their slew of recruits I find that pattern a little odd (I know there's some injuries this year).

It way too much to expect 7 guys to play aggressive man for 40 minutes, especially against tourney teams and playing more often.

I thought our 8 man rotation in 2015 when we won it all was shallow until this.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

That's just the way K rolls. He's been doing it his whole career. I'm still shocked we made it work in 2015 with 8 players total, not just on the rotation.

iamblades

Fellow UK fans, who would you rather play UCLA again or Cincy?

I haven't seen any UC games other than their last tourney win.

No real opinion there, I view them as roughly equivalent matchups, just with different styles.

UCLA plays more our style, but I'm not sure that's a good thing, Cal teams seem to play more focused in grinders.

Both will be hard games, but winnable.

TraBuch

Banned
So who all do we have coming back next year? Grayson, Kennard, Jackson, Giles?

Giles isn't coming back. He's not risking his knee for another year in college. He'll leave and get drafted in the mid to late first and get his guaranteed money. Still don't think Allen comes back for another year of being the most hated person in college. Kennard's probably back after these performances. Jackson's gonna be back. Can't see Bolden staying. He obviously hates it at Duke and is probably gonna transfer if he doesn't just say fuck it and enter the draft. Jeter's definitely transferring, probably to Nevada. Tatum's gone. Jones and Jefferson are obviously gone.

Next year's roster will be something like:

Kennard
Jackson
Delaurier
Carter
Trent
O'Connell
White
Vrankovic

Trevon Duval will make or break the season. If we get him, we're a top team. If we don't, we'll have the same exact issues we've had in every year since the whole OAD thing started besides the one where we had a legit PG and defensive stopper.

nillapuddin

SC and Arkansas some of the worst 7-8's of all time, no surprises there.

UK beat Arkansas and SC by 20~ every time we played

white-guy-blinking-meme-gif.gif

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck did South Carolina score 88 points? Does Duke play any D? They are terrible on offense.

They shot 71.4% in the 2nd half.

edit: heh, all of the Duke haters finally coming out of hiding in this thread rn

iamblades

What the hell was that laughable post defense by UCLA there?

Let a post up start from the 3 point line, back you all the way to the middle of the lane, then hack him?

Falchion

Giles isn't coming back. He's not risking his knee for another year in college. He'll leave and get drafted in the mid to late first and get his guaranteed money. Still don't think Allen comes back for another year of being the most hated person in college. Kennard's probably back after these performances. Jackson's gonna be back. Can't see Bolden staying. He obviously hates it at Duke and is probably gonna transfer if he doesn't just say fuck it and enter the draft. Jeter's definitely transferring, probably to Nevada. Tatum's gone. Jones and Jefferson are obviously gone.

Next year's roster will be something like:

Kennard
Jackson
Delaurier
Carter
Trent
O'Connell
White
Vrankovic

Trevon Duval will make or break the season. If we get him, we're a top team. If we don't, we'll have the same exact issues we've had in every year since the whole OAD thing started besides the one where we had a legit PG and defensive stopper.

That would be wild. Hope Coach K is ready to hit it hard.

RR30

No PG and an overall selfish team killed Duke. They had too many guys that needed the ball in their hands. Beautiful.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
No PG and an overall selfish team killed Duke. They had too many guys that needed the ball in their hands. Beautiful.

I think that was true in the middle of the season, but once K came back I don't see how you could make that claim. The team finished strong overall and just came up short in this game, and certainly not due to guys hogging the ball or selfishness. Tatum, Grayson and Luke shared the ball really well by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom