• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

BFRtEHvCcAAwCpu.jpg:large

Watching an IWA-MS show from 2005, I forgot how amazing CM Punk vs Delirious was. Punk returned to get his Light Heavyweight Title back and had defeated Delirious, but because he was 3lbs too heavy Delirious retained the title - now, with the weight shed, Punk tries again to reclaim the belt he once held. He was supposed to be wrestling Candido on this show, but Chris sadly passed away just 5 days previously and, despite the sombre mood, Punk & Delirious pay great tribute to him with a match that's as equally hilarious as it is awesome. Love Punk nearly corpsing multiple times at the start as Delirious jabbers his half-coherent nonsense.

Delirious takes issue with Punk's back chop;

ix1VbJGXF9gbH.gif

Punk finds a mask under the ring;

ivL5aC9YQfLxj.gif

Delirious tries to blend in with the crowd;

ivvINg8EIALUy.gif

jred2k

It's probably cause I've only tuned in since Kaz and Daniels, but it does feel improved. There is at least a bit more excitement around the show.

Austin Aries and Bobby Roode should be the faces of this company. Instead they are stuck in a go nowhere tag team while Hulk Hogan gets multiple segments. Stupid.

Ithil

This solid Chicago crowd reminds me that WWE have been on a mostly Bumpkinville, Middle of Nowhere tour with RAW for months now. I can't even remember the last great crowd we go. Might be the Slammies in Philadelphia, in December.

Austin Aries and Bobby Roode should be the faces of this company. Instead they are stuck in a go nowhere tag team while Hulk Hogan gets multiple segments. Stupid.

Pretty much. Friggin Hogan.

Cagey

Banned
On a bit of a delay, but watching TNA because the Bully heel turn got me legit shook interested.

Rob Terry. Holy fuck to what depths of Gold's Gym Venice Beach did TNA reach into to find this fucking guy. He makes The Rock look natural.

Kaladin

Does this mean in the next week or two we'll have a recreation of the backstage assault by the nWo? Which one of the knockouts will be screaming for help and crying?

TNA already ran that angle before....I forget which heel group did it though.

It might have been Aces & Eights.

They will never top the Rey Mysterio lawn dart though.

strobogo

Banned
Does this mean in the next week or two we'll have a recreation of the backstage assault by the nWo? Which one of the knockouts will be screaming for help and crying?

I'm pretty sure they've done that at least twice. Remember the Kings of Wrestling? It was Hall, Nash, and Jarrett. They recreated that Nitro scene down to Nash lawn darting Red in place of Rey. I'm pretty positive it had to have happened during The Band, and probably another time.

Ozone

This solid Chicago crowd reminds me that WWE have been on a mostly Bumpkinville, Middle of Nowhere tour with RAW for months now. I can't even remember the last great crowd we go. Might be the Slammies in Philadelphia, in December.
Good news - RAW returns to Philadelphia on March 25th. I recently grabbed a cheap ticket it, despite it being the day after I return from PAX East. But I'll still try to have some energy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA!

Ithil

I'm pretty sure they've done that at least twice. Remember the Kings of Wrestling? It was Hall, Nash, and Jarrett. They recreated that Nitro scene down to Nash lawn darting Red in place of Rey. I'm pretty positive it had to have happened during The Band, and probably another time.

Eh?

tumblr_mgh7x7uSWN1r34ob3o1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom