• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
accept the lord of darkness as your savior

this is the edited version

no bossman ending :\

Goddamn edits. I need to re-assemble my collection. I'm REALLY a stickler for the original broadcasts of matches, I haaaaate revisionist history, even if it's something minor like NOT SHOWING THE BOSSMAN BEING HUNG AND DYING IN THE RING.

strobogo

Banned
1999 was for sure the worst year of the Attitude Era. It was Russo at his WWF peak. There weren't many good wrestling matches that year until right around the time Russo left. Just a whole bunch of super short matches with shitty finishes. Raw 1999 was basically just a slightly slower version of WCW 2000.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1999 was for sure the worst year of the Attitude Era. It was Russo at his WWF peak. There weren't many good wrestling matches that year until right around the time Russo left. Just a whole bunch of super short matches with shitty finishes. Raw 1999 was basically just a slightly slower version of WCW 2000.

They really piled on the bullshit finishes too - much like ECW did a couple years before.

So I should treasure my VHS of WM15 complete with Bossman hanging then?
While we're still on about WM15 I must confess, I don't rate its Rock/Austin match that highly, it's okay but something about it doesn't click with me, it just feels like a pretty token AE main event match.
- Punch Kick
- Brawl into crowd
- Brawl up the ramp
- Table spot
- more punch kick
- Finishers
- Shenanigans

Granted most Rock/Austin matches are like this but over time they honed this formula leaving the WM15 version to seem a bit bland by comparison.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
they edited out the transition from bossman dying to the wrestlemania party!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why did Wrestlemania 2000 have only one singles match? Although, it was an amazing display of talent as Terri bested The Kat.

That roster depth will carry it a long way. I don't mind so much - because people popped for EVERYONE.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love the time when not everything was padded to shit. It's so hard to buy the floor and ringside spots now that everything is fully padded. It's like they're taking bumps on a matress now, I know for a fact that shit don't hurt son!

RBH

moneyo.gif

これまで発売したシリーズの
主人公キャラクターが集合した
スペシャル
カードが当たるキャンペーンを実施し
(Kaientai is wrestling!!)

名様にプレゼン
ト
します。
(INDEED)

jred2k

Was Vince pissed off at the cameramen and referees for some reason? This match looks like a fucking nightmare to try and film or officiate.

jred2k

Which match?

The Hardcore Championship brawl from WM2000. It was all over the place.

By the way, this stream is a good example of why the WWE Network should exist. Watching this has done more to build my hype for 29 than anything thats happened onscreen since RR.

Top Bottom