• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

tm24

What are Tozawa's best PWG matches? Still have a hard on for the guy after he was MVP of the Dragon Gate UK triple shot and I hear good things about his run there and fancy checking some of it out

Its a super short run of only 14 matches, and the majority are real good. The real good ones are his 2 matches from BOLA10 against Generico and Hero, his match against Steen from Cyanide: A loving Tribute to poison (one of the best one-off PWG shots too btw), all of the Nightmare Violence Connection ones, especially DDT42011, his match against Low Ki at Card Subject to Change: III and then his 3 matches on All-Star Weekend 8 which are 2 NVC where one is meh and the other is against Generico/Ricochet and then a rematch against Hero and his last match of NVC teaming with Super Dragon (or Tozawa teaming with Appetite for Destruction, it works either way) against Generico/Pac/Yoshino

Pavaloo

Pre-Screwjob 1997 Raw was some fucked up shit.

And by fucked up, I mean awesome. Austin was fantastic week in and week out. Like Stro has been saying, he looked like a superstar, and he didn't even win Intercontinental yet. That sounds ridiculous! Imagine something like that today.

Of course, the Bret/Austin feud and their match at Mania is what made Stone Cold, but it was a gradual build that culminated in what I feel was the greatest match in wrestling history.

The Hart Foundation Canada vs. America angle was also INCREDIBLE, especially as a Canadian viewer. They would go into American venues and get booed out of the building (insane heat), but were instantly transformed into GODS when they entered a Canadian venue. Those Canadian crowds... god damn.

If you ever get the chance, 97 Raw is worth a watch. Believe it or not, the first few Raws were 1 hour. Oh how far we've come.

My absolute favourite childhood wrestling memories. Heel in America, Face everywhere else. As a Canadian viewer it was beautiful.

strobogo

Banned
I had a dream where I was dating Bridget the Midget, then she did a commercial with Dennis Rodman (with a Pacers logo for some reason) and people assumed he fucked her. There was also a sequel to Die Hard With A Vengeance in a grocery store where I ran into McClane who said it would be better without niggers. And I was like "wtf, man" and then Zeus hit a freezer that exploded with blood and stuff. Everyone freaked out, then he revealed it was his son, then he laughed and said it was better without niggers and he and McClane laughed. It was fucking weird. There were also weird turtles being sold in the produce section and strange grass like broccoli. It was a pretty odd dream, but I would love to have a direct sequel to DHWAV.

So The Masterpiece ripped a tree out of the ground WITH HIS BARE hands and threw it through a window to save his mom who was apparently being held hostage in a burning house

The person holding her hostage lit the house on fire after Masters failed to talk him down.

So Masters is awesome and strong, but his promos still need work.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/03/2...asters-mother-burning-house-neighbor-arrested

Yeah, pretty incredible. Not just glamour muscles.

Cagey

Banned
My absolute favourite childhood wrestling memories. Heel in America, Face everywhere else. As a Canadian viewer it was beautiful.

I was an American who got annoyed that Americans were turning on my hero Bret Hart. I REMAINED LOYAL.

I'm still pissed they refuse to sell out 100% for this bifurcated crowd dynamic with Cena, allowing him to be ultra mega babyface to the kids and women while openly taunting the older fans (by sucking up to the kids and women).

It happens now, but it should be blatant. It's wrestling. Obvious is good.

So The Masterpiece ripped a tree out of the ground WITH HIS BARE hands and threw it through a window to save his mom who was apparently being held hostage in a burning house

The person holding her hostage lit the house on fire after Masters failed to talk him down.

So Masters is awesome and strong, but his promos still need work.

If Lashley hadn't gone and ruined the masterlock forever then I bet old Masters could've promo'd the fear of a masterlocking into the fiend.

Seriously though that's impressive (and heroic) stuff, I hope they masterlock the other guy up for his crimes.

Anth0ny

I was an American who got annoyed that Americans were turning on my hero Bret Hart. I REMAINED LOYAL.

I'm still pissed they refuse to sell out 100% for this bifurcated crowd dynamic with Cena, allowing him to be ultra mega babyface to the kids and women while openly taunting the older fans (by sucking up to the kids and women).

It happens now, but it should be blatant. It's wrestling. Obvious is good.

Exactly. It would be PERFECT.

Instead of Bret Hart and Canadians, it would be Cena and CENATION.

In some arenas, we get this:

o1pnCBL.jpg

In others, this!

I feel like it's already happening, despite WWE's best efforts, but they could pull it off a little better if they tried.

Everyone is happy. The little Jimmies still love him, he's their hero, they continue to buy his shirts, wristbands and garden knomes. The adult fans see him as the ultimate heel, a tired, untalented fuck who will refuses to step out of the spotlight.

Cagey

Banned
American Owen fan since King of Harts. I never cared much for The Rocket gimmick.

I was too young to appreciate Owen Hart, so it took until around the time of his death to realize how awesome he was.

As an 8 year old oldest child with a younger brother, when Owen beat Bret at WM I wanted to cry. Owen's the annoying little nugget. He's supposed to lose to his older brother! My kid brother was ecstatic. That dick.

I feel like it's already happening, despite WWE's best efforts, but they could pull it off a little better if they tried.

Everyone is happy. The little Jimmies still love him, he's their hero, they continue to buy his shirts, wristbands and garden knomes. The adult fans see him as the ultimate heel, a tired, untalented fuck who will refuses to step out of the spotlight.

This wouldn't even require Cena to alter who he is. It just needs him to drop the "wink wink" references to wrestling lore and to start being more obvious in the "you don't have to like me, you can hate me, I'm a hero to the kids" mantra.

His existence alone is more than enough heel behavior for half the crowd.

somedevil

I see Chael Sonnen is on twitter starting the build for the next Wrestlemania for him vs Punk with Dana in his corner and Vince in Punks corner.

strobogo

Banned
Bootaaay, you'll be happy to know that I'll be house sitting for my mom next week. Somewhere buried in the house is a Japanese deathmatch compilation. When I find it, I'm going to rip it and gif it, just for you.

Omega

Banned
I see Chael Sonnen is on twitter starting the build for the next Wrestlemania for him vs Punk with Dana in his corner and Vince in Punks corner.
the Cena of UFC. actually let me not go too far. Cena wishes he was Sonnen

oh you lost your MW title fight? here's a LightHW title match

Pavaloo

Holy crap it would be so awesome if Cena "turned on all the jaded adults," because he's "all about the kids!" Like a nega-punk.

Holy crap it would be so awesome if Cena "turned on all the jaded adults," because he's "all about the kids!"

Isn't that basically what Cena does right now anyway? address his haters who are the jaded adults by politely telling them to deal with it because he's here for the Cenation which is pretty much just kids.

Yeah, he's got like an 8 pack, huge legs, jacked shoulders. It's weird he's never on a best bodies list. The night after SS, it was supposed to be Vader vs Austin to see who the toughest man in the WWF is. Vader was hurt at SS, so it became Austin vs Mankind and its awesome. Just a wild brawl you'd expect out of them, except Austin is still heel, and neither guy were nagged with injuries.

I remember that match, as I remember it Austin's music hits and he runs out and they start beating the shit out of each other in the aisle. I was like, HOLY SHIT IT'S ON!!!

Pavaloo

Isn't that basically what Cena does right now anyway? address his haters who are the jaded adults by politely telling them to deal with it because he's here for the Cenation which is pretty much just kids.

Yeah, but if he outright said "I'm not in this for the jaded adults" and then they could actually acknowledge his boos. He could bow more often when adults are booing him, he still smiles and high fives all the kids down the ramp. Michael Cole and King can actually say stuff like "looks like this building is full of adults because no one seems to like Cena!" It being part of his persona would be great to me.

Instead now it's him addressing his adults as his "critics," saying that it's time for him to try harder and commentary still ignoring boos from the audience unless Bradshaw is doing commentary.

UberTag

The Canadian Stampede PPV crowd is easily one of my favorite crowds of all-time.
On par with post-WM 28 Miami RAW and the Manhattan Center ECW revival PPV crowd.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Canadian Stampede PPV crowd is easily one of my favorite crowds of all-time.
On par with post-WM 28 Miami RAW and the Manhattan Center ECW revival PPV crowd.

Owen coming back and rolling up Stone Cold is like ... one of my favorite wrestling moments ever.

If it was Cena in Stone cold's place when he stunnered Bret and got rolled up, he would have just come back and gotten the pin and smiled like an idiot at the crowd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would you guys like to watch the Canadian Stampede In Your House? I can have it on in 5.

EDIT: Or not, forgot I disconnected my dvd-rom drive. :/ If you guys want it in the future though I'd be more than happy to do a showing.

Ah, the Candian Stampede my fav PPV ever. Was such a Bret Hart mark even during his "heel" days. To hear all that glorious love. I think this might have been my first taste of a good mark crowd. Don't think there was anything like that till WM18.

I was too young to appreciate Owen Hart, so it took until around the time of his death to realize how awesome he was.

As an 8 year old oldest child with a younger brother, when Owen beat Bret at WM I wanted to cry. Owen's the annoying little nugget. He's supposed to lose to his older brother! My kid brother was ecstatic. That dick.
I marked out when Owen Hart won. And I remember the next day I clowned my buddy after Bret losing and he flipped...Owen top 5 all time fav

Owen was always a favorite of mine. After he died I went back to watch his Blue Blazer run in the 80s for the first time and was blown away, waaaay ahead of his time.

I'm pretty sure after SummerSlam he explicitly said he was hanging it up.

He had a lot of self doubt and he thanked the fans for letting him do his thing and become a superstar. It was left open as to whether this was a retirement or not. He never said I'm retiring though or that this is it.

It's embarrassing that some dudes thought that shop looked good. The colors are so washed and it looks like his chest hair is actually some kind of lizard skin pattern.

Top Bottom