• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Speaking of TNA. What do you guys expect out of them now that they've restructured to 4 PPV's and going on the road. Is the company gonna take off this year? Crash and burn? Stay at 1.0 ratings forever?

I'm going to take it as a positive sign that it'll improve their product.

Yeah, real shame TWC went under, they did a great job sourcing old World of Sport shows - often you'll find WOS sets that have just been recorded from TWC, as those broadcasts were better quality than the VHS tapes floating around the scene, which were usually 3rd generation or higher.

Since TNA's been doing well on Challenge TV and they now have that chat show Wrestle Talk TV which seems OK, we'll also be getting a monthly round-up of British wrestling action called the 'British Wrestling Coalition' with highlights from all the major British promotions.

The first BWC show is on March 31st at 11:30 PM on Challenge.

That's pretty good news! TNA must have helped fans in the UK to British Wrestling with their bootcamp show.

It's TNA. I'm not expecting anything in the slightest. Or, they'll show some improvement, generate some excitement around the product and then find a way to fuck it up. Because TNA's gonna TNA. Can't wait for that Hogan heel turn & title run! Aces & Eights, Brother!

Unforgiven 2001 is really odd. The Austin Faces. The Post 9/11 American opera show at the start. So odd. I'm sort of surprised that Hacksaw Jim Duggan didn't make a revival after 9/11.

FyreWulff

If they can stick with going on the road I can see them improving. You need people to be paying to get into your show, not people that just happen to wander in because they're in the theme park. In theory, the crowds should be better for normal shows.

jmdajr

20120315_Light_WM_Pre_TripleHBrock_new.jpg

Oh Goodie! I see abs!

Aiii

So not worth it
I like how for the photoshoot they didn't use a single normal lifting device and went for shit like "chains on a ring" or "Big tire from truck" instead.

CHAINS ARE AWESOME GUYS! CHEER FOR HUNTER!

jmdajr

And this is real life. He's gone from being fat to having bloated HGH abs that wouldn't look out of place on Hogan.

LPIEMJj.jpg

Nothing a quick stomach virus couldn't fix!

On that note my body type is similar. I worked out like crazy, but my abs always stuck out.

It's amazing how much fluids can bloat you too.

jmdajr

Triple H has never had huge legs. It's probably just the body type. No matter what I did my calves never got big. My arms would get easily big though. Short arms, long legs.

Kyoufu

Which match are you guys looking forward to the most at WM29?

I can't really think of any that get me hyped. We know Cena will win and Punk will job and Triple H will get his win.

jmdajr

I can't really think of any that get me hyped. We know Cena will win and Punk will job and Triple H will get his win.

I think Taker Punk will be good, and I hope somehow the other two can surpass my expectations. I'm thinking HHH and Brock will have e a better match than Rock/Cena.

jmdajr

Only you guys thought that. You can go back and see how I said Rock would win many times.
All I can say is I didn't think there would be Twice In a Lifetime. I thought Rock would get his pay and be off on his merry way. But he did say he was back for good, and at the time he must have known he would be around for multiple Wrestlemanias.

So if you thought Rock was one and done, it wasn't to ridiculous to think Cena would win.

The Shield's tag match could be fun, everything else i'm pretty tepid on, and HHH/Lesnar has fallen completely flat for me.
I would've been hyped for Jericho/Barrett and Kane/Bryan but the ship for those matches has long since sailed, instead i'm left with B/C level PPV matches in their potential place.

I guess it'll be fun to hear the crowd react to Cena's win.

Kurt Angle winning the title at Unforgiven 2001 is just... odd, which is sad, as I've really enjoyed Angle's rise from his debut 2 years previous.

Well it's a feel good moment in the wake of 9/11, then they swiftly undo it about 2 weeks later to return to what I assume were the original plans.
It's a really great Raw main event though, I gushed about in one of the last two threads.

Aiii

So not worth it
Crowds should start whipping out the "Fuck you Cena" chants again.

PG or not, if half the crowd is chanting that, they can hardly throw them all out and have a half empty arena on TV.

Well it's a feel good moment in the wake of 9/11, then they swiftly undo it about 2 weeks later to return to what I assume were the original plans.
It's a really great Raw main event though, I gushed about in one of the last two threads.

Yeah, that's exactly how it comes across. The celebration, the wrestlers in the ring. The USA chants, which I guess is understandable at the time, but on second viewing it just seems very forced upon. However, Kurt Angle is a machine and with each Raw and Smackdown from 2000 onwards I've watched, I've missed him in current WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, that's exactly how it comes across. The celebration, the wrestlers in the ring. The USA chants, which I guess is understandable at the time, but on second viewing it just seems very forced upon. However, Kurt Angle is a machine and with each Raw and Smackdown from 2000 onwards I've watched, I've missed him in current WWE.

Very easily remedied by watching him collect his paycheck in TNA.

jmdajr

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting Triple H is making another change to how the future will be for WWE.

He is starting to do away with word for word scripts and teach the developmental talents how to work with bullet points. This allows each talent to learn how to speak as their character and rely more on their own creative ability versus just reading what someone else wrote for them.

This is how WWE use to be with the characters, having more range, and Triple H is expected to continue to bring more old school elements back to the company.

ibM9WW.gif
ibM9WW.gif

jmdajr

Imagine if Ultimate Warrior and Macho man had script writers?

For real, we need a little bit of unpredictability back. I want to see some stuff that's just way out there, and I don't mean just shooting.

Mr H sounds so much better then wresting HHH. I mean once he isnt booking his own stories he seems to have a great eye for talent and every time Vince is away from RAW its always better with HHH running the show in his absence.

Cant wait until the day he gets Vince and Hayes and that old crowd out.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm thinking Mr. H's loses at Wrestlemania so he can be a completely off-the air person and he can finally take the reigns from Vince and turn THIS BUSINESS around.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Trips ever gets rid of King on commentary and replaces him with Regal I will be more than happy to have him give himself one final one year long WWE Title run.

jmdajr

After WM they're gonna become Team Yell Ow! and feud with Kane and Bryan for their titles.

Guess that's all the colors..almost

Cena has had a yellow,orange, green, red, pink, purple, black

I guess we just need blue and brown..

hmm this MIGHt be blue
07081.jpg

I think you're going to have a hard time selling the WWE Network is worth the same monthly charge as say, HBO - especially when you're talking about a package of channels in the latter case.

But then, I don't see the PPVs as anything special these days.

Top Bottom