• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

XenoRaven

Everyone I know that started p90x...quit.

Your better off having a more reasonable way to get exercise. It's not manageable for the average person.
I'm too damn stubborn to quit. If I don't see it through, I'll start having nightmares about Tony Horton.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SCENARIO!

You're in charge of the roster in the WWE! You've been handed orders from Vince stating "Goddammit we have too much talent, goddammit! You need to cut 10 wrestlers for us, one of them being a main event talent! We just can't pay them anymore goddammit!"

WHO DO YOU CUT? And why? Do you go for the big payoff and cut midcarders who don't have merchandise? Do you just mop up people who haven't been seen in ages or useful?

Alucard

Banned
Excellent news! I would have loved to see Sugiura come over, but Marufuji & Ishimori are pretty awesome nonetheless - Marufuji wrestled a bunch in ROH between '05-'08, so it's great so see him back. Ishimori wrestled Generico in ROH when they went over to Tokyo in '07 and is one of the best Jr's in Japan at the moment.

If you aren't at all familiar with either guy, here's a few matches worth checking out;

. Bryan Danielson (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - (ROH 12/17/05)
. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - (NJPW 09/23/12)
. Naomichi Marufuji vs Daichi Hashimoto - (ZERO1 07/08/12)

. Shuji Kondo (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - (NOAH 01/27/13)
. Taiji Ishimori vs Kota Ibushi - (DDT 05/04/09)
. Taiji Ishimori vs Atsushi Aoki - (NOAH 05/26/12)

You're the greatest living pro wrestling encyclopedia ever. Thanks so much. Do you do anything besides look up wrestling stuff? Haha.

jmdajr

SCENARIO!

You're in charge of the roster in the WWE! You've been handed orders from Vince stating "Goddammit we have too much talent, goddammit! You need to cut 10 wrestlers for us, one of them being a main event talent! We just can't pay them anymore goddammit!"

WHO DO YOU CUT? And why? Do you go for the big payoff and cut midcarders who don't have merchandise? Do you just mop up people who haven't been seen in ages or useful?

I feel like we are talking football.

I'd start by cutting Randy Orton. Do we really need him at this point? If he doesn't become a heel soon I say boot him. It's a shame because he's till pretty young.

The rest isn't even that hard.

alex riley
hornswaggle
khali
uso1
uso2
jinder mahal
mc guiliticuty
ted dibiease
zak ryder
yoshi tatsu

fire all the divas except the hot ones, and just have them be valets, fluffers

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My 10 to cut list:

JTG
Alex Riley (I see no future in his character, honestly)
Kane (Relax, take the Legends deal)
Fandango (abort this fetus)
Drew McIntyre (I honestly don't think at this point he can be a big draw for a sustainable amount of time that'd make him worth it)
Curt Hawkins (why are you here)
Darren Young (the worst side of the PTP - Titus can do it alone.)
Hornswoggle (the midget drew all he can draw. Ever since no more Finlay, there's been no point.)
Khali
R-Truth (I think it's time)

Main event cut? Big Show. It's been a long and storied career, but if we let him go, he can come back and still work in a capacity for cameos or to beat down heels.

So, these aren't a list of who I think is the worst - but those who I feel have no future that's worth anything. Which is a shame, it really is. Pains me to say Kane and Darren Young in particular, and even R-Truth as I think he has some mileage left, but not compared to the current roster which is BONE THIN.

hertog

SCENARIO!

Wow... and they ahve so little starpower already.

But well JTG, Ryder, Sheamus (nothing for him to do anymore), Ryback (just squash him in favor of another monsterheel, nothing special about him) Khali, Riley, Rey Mysterio ( for his own sake), Swagger (for his weed-adventure furing his major push), Kaitlyn (just give up on the diva division and keep only valets), R-truth

jmdajr

I totally disagree with Sheamus, you need to keep that guy, and not just because me and Trips are tight with him. And keep Katilyn just for eye candy.

I wanted to add Santino to the list, but couldn't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda torn between wanting to cut Tyson Kidd though. I think inside all these surgeries he's had, as well as no defining character are enough to cut - but I weigh that against his lineage and skill. I just don't know how long his body will hold up.

I definitely would NOT cut Ryder because he sells a lot of merch, however. Couldn't put Santino on the chopping block either because he sells merch as well.

jmdajr

I'm kinda torn between wanting to cut Tyson Kidd though. I think inside all these surgeries he's had, as well as no defining character are enough to cut - but I weigh that against his lineage and skill. I just don't know how long his body will hold up.

I definitely would NOT cut Ryder because he sells a lot of merch, however.

It all comes down to- Do any of these old timers still have gas in them...and are these young guys ever going to amount to anything. At this point I don't know what Tyson kid can do to be even relevant in the mid card.

edit: Should WWE go back and bring back real jobbers. It probbaly be cheaper than these professional ones like Curt Hawkins.

Ithil

SCENARIO!

Alex Riley
Yoshi Tatsu
Curt Hawkins
Hornswoggle
Ted Dibiase
Bo Dallas
Alicia Fox
R-Truth (much as it pains me, but he's never gonna get back to that great heel run)
Great Khali
and the big name I'd cut, Rey Mysterio (sorry, you're just past it)

Ryder still moves decent merchandise for a jobber, I'd keep him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
edit: Should WWE go back and bring back real jobbers. It probbaly be cheaper than these professional ones like Curt Hawkins.

I think so. I mean, I'd be ok with keeping some of these guys (like Tatsu, for instance) to simply be enhancement talent. Some people who can't speak well, or had a shot and blew it - you're enhancement talent. Don't try to get yourself over, just get others over. It's a valuable and important spot in wrestling, really it is - being enhancement talent is like the offensive line of football. Rarely thanked, but they do a hell of a lot of good. Just look at Ziggler. Jobber, and boy can he job.

jmdajr

cool
Pyro_04032009jg_161.jpg

jmdajr

I think so. I mean, I'd be ok with keeping some of these guys (like Tatsu, for instance) to simply be enhancement talent. Some people who can't speak well, or had a shot and blew it - you're enhancement talent. Don't try to get yourself over, just get others over. It's a valuable and important spot in wrestling, really it is - being enhancement talent is like the offensive line of football. Rarely thanked, but they do a hell of a lot of good. Just look at Ziggler. Jobber, and boy can he job.

Know your role, and shut your mouth! I like it!

Penguin

SCENARIO!

I went to WWE.com to see a list of all their superstars

And kid you not.. took me a second to realize who the WWE champion was...

That said
Main Event Cut- Big Show or Kane. They've done their dues, and have helped a lot of talent. I think an early retirement would help.
Rey- I mean dude is okay and all, but he hasn't been able to remain healthy for the better part of 2 years. And he's pretty banged up, can't really do what he is known for.

Alex Riley- You aren't using him. He doesn't even serve a jobber's role now
Hunico- Still works for the company?
JTG- Surprised he has survived this long
Camacho- Same as the rest
Big Zeke or Mason Ryan- They both serve the same role... which is currently being held by Ryback. Which is the monster face
Khali- Can't move worth a damn. Adds nothing to the product. Not even a joke character anymore

That's all I got for now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Zeke and Ryan should stick around - Ryan because his physique is ridiculous and deserves an honest shot, and Zeke can be a monster as well, and I confess I like him anyhow :p

Kaladin

From the times I've seen him on NXT, Mason Ryan already looks improved. We'll see if that translates into the main roster down the line I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From the times I've seen him on NXT, Mason Ryan already looks improved. We'll see if that translates into the main roster down the line I guess.

My concern is his voice. His accent is THICK, so I don't think he's too good on promos, so they need to craft his character around that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower is a HOSS-lover!

It's true.

Also I think managers could go a long way these days in getting these monsters over. Just look at how amplified Laser's appearances have been due to Heyman.

Anth0ny

Everyone I know that started p90x...quit.

Your better off having a more reasonable way to get exercise. It's not manageable for the average person.

I did P90x!

It worked wonders. Didn't even do the diet either, don't have the patience for that shit. Though after a while, your body starts rejecting junk food. I couldn't stomach McDonalds at around day 60.

That being said, I did P90 when I was in high school. During the summer. No girlfriend. Only a weekend job. I had way too much time on my hands. It becomes a lot harder with a full time job and girlfriend...

Entropia

No One Remembers
SCENARIO!

If this is based on "We're 3 weeks from Wrestlemania!"

Rey Mysterio - Dude is old and banged up. I'd let him have one final match at Summerslam though as a one off.

Ezekiel Jackson
Mason Ryan
- These two guys are just, I dunno, there.

Alex Riley - Jobber, no merch
Curt Hawkins - Jobber, no merch
The Great Khali - He's old, can't really do much in the ring.
Hornswoggle - He's served his purpose
Ted Dibiase - Sorry, but it's just not going to work out, you can't live off your father's name.
McGuillicuty - Sorry, but it's just not going to work out, you can't live off your father's name.

Kofi Kingston - This is my "controversial" pick, he gets a pop and everything, but he's... nothing special. I don't see him going anywhere.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I did P90x!

It worked wonders. Didn't even do the diet either, don't have the patience for that shit. Though after a while, your body starts rejecting junk food. I couldn't stomach McDonalds at around day 60.

That being said, I did P90 when I was in high school. During the summer. No girlfriend. Only a weekend job. I had way too much time on my hands. It becomes a lot harder with a full time job and girlfriend...

I've been telling myself I'd get back into doing P90 after work for like, 3 weeks now... :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still have faith McGillicutty and DiBiase have one more chance to really hit it big. I really do.

I wouldn't cut Orton for nothing. Dude's valuable as hell.

Penguin

I still have faith McGillicutty and DiBiase have one more chance to really hit it big. I really do.

I wouldn't cut Orton for nothing. Dude's valuable as hell.

Not sure if hit it big, but I do think they have a chance to make great, entertaining midcarders.

Which is just as valuable.

XenoRaven

I am doing the diet...lol

Protein shakes, protein bars, chicken, beef, asparagus, broccoli, peppers, low fat cheese, etc.

On the bright side, I am learning how to cook.

I also cheat slightly on condiments. No one tell Tony I said that. He will come to my house and get too excited about something. Unless he brings Dreya. Then that would be awesome.

Gotta be tight short shorts tho. I have some short shorts I wear to the gym for leg day but they're baggy (for movement), and the extra material makes your quads disappear.

That or, of course, I could work on growing into an XL haha. Not on my current agenda.

To wear out and about
http://www.chubbiesshorts.com/collections/in-stock

To wear to the gym
http://www.rugbystore.com/Rugby-Shorts_c_2.html
http://www.rugbyimports.com/site/pr...ent_guid=e2d7f610-3d3b-40fc-ba92-3f87fcc8ed72

Classic Match of the Day:

Tiger Mask (c) vs Bret Hart - WWF Light Heavyweight Championship - (NJPW 02/05/82)

Not as awe-inspiring as the Tiger/Dynamite matches, but it's interesting to see young Bret work, even if he doesn't quite yet know how to properly engage the crowd. Some nice technical wrestling and watch out for that PERFECT springboard drop-kick near the end. Fun stuff.

SCENARIO!

I was actually thinking about something like this the other day, say after Mania Vince gives you the book and complete creative control. He wants you to reduce the roster to 50 male wrestlers and up to 10 female wrestlers - you can bring in up to FIVE outside talents to replace some of your cuts - who do you choose, and a month or so down the line how do those 60 wrestlers fit into your plans? My WWE would look like this, with the following wrestlers in contention for the belts;

WWE Title:

John Cena (Champion)
CM Punk
Sheamus
Bryan Danielson
Mark Henry

World Heavyweight Title:

Dolph Ziggler (Champion)
Alberto Del Rio
Jack Swagger
Randy Orton
Ryback

Intercontinental Title:

Dean Ambrose (Champion)
Wade Barrett
KENTA
Antonio Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Kane

Tag Team Titles:

Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (Champions)
Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow
Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper
R-Truth & The Miz
Titus O'Neil & Darren Young
Primo & Epico
Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso
Richie Steamboat & Mike Dalton

US Title:

Kassius Ohno (Champion)
Big E Langston
Sami Callihan
Christian
Big Show
William Regal
Drew McIntyre
David Otunga

Cruiserweight Title:

Adrian Neville (Champion)
El Generico
Tyson Kidd
Sin Cara
Evan Bourne
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Heath Slater
Kofi Kingston

Divas Title:

AJ Lee (Champion)
Kharma
Kaitlyn
Natalya
Paige
Emma
Tamina
Layla
Cameron
Naomi

The main storylines would be;

. John Cena has reclaimed the WWE Title but, knowing this may be his last title run, keeps ducking CM Punk because he knows he can't beat Punk when the gold is on the line.
. Dolph Ziggler & AJ, with the help of Big E, continue to use nefarious means to keep hold of their respective titles, becoming the true power couple of the WWE.
. The Shield continue to dominate after their Mania victory, capturing the Tag & IC titles. This would eventually lead to a mid-card face stable forming to try and reclaim the power The Shield stole.
. Kassius Ohno goes on a KO streak in the US title division, but Big E has the power to put him down and upstart Sami Callihan may just be too tough for Ohno to handle.
. After a fantastic month-long tournament to crown the new Cruiserweight Champion, Adrian Neville wants to prove he is a fighting champion by defending the title in all manner of multi-man matches and dangerous stipulation matches.

I'm sure giving me the book would be pretty catastrophic and turn away a lot of fans, but fuck it. Everything would have a more sports-orientated presentation with an emphasis on wins and losses and the tale of the tape. Storytelling would be accomplished in the ring through matches and actions, not through rambling promos that go nowhere. Backstage segments would be restricted to guys cutting a promo in front of a camera, or being interviewed by a backstage interviewer. There would be none of this shit where we're supposed to believe guys are just having a natural conversation while a damn camera films them. Also, it would be a rare thing for guys to wrestle outside of their division - a special attraction if you will. Other than the Cruiserweight division (which would be weight restricted), guys would be able to apply to change divisions at will, although they might not find it so easy jumping up a division or two.

SCENARIO!

Making cuts has never been easier, because there is so much crap on the roster:

Bo Dallas: There is nothing there. Promos: bad, Look: bad, In-ring: average. Cut ties
Camacho: Nobody cares about him, nothing will change that
Curt Hawkins: Same as Camacho
Jinder Mahal: 3MB would work better as a traditional tag team with a different name. His look doesn't fit and he doesn't bring much else to the table
JTG: Nobody knows how this guy survived cuts the past couple years
R-Truth: Outside of his brief heel turn he's been an awful character. His advanced age (41) makes this cut easy because there is no future for him.
Yoshi Tatsu: Serves no purpose
Ezekial Jackson: One dimensional and there are other guys better than him at that one dimension
The Great Khali: He can't move

Main event talent:
Rey Mysterio: Old and injury prone
Kane: Soon to be 46 and hasn't sold a PPV in years. He'd be much better served to the audience at this point as a once or twice a year surprise character (not Wrestlemania)

*Bonus: Hornswoggle: How the hell does this guy manage to stay employed?

strobogo

Banned
I'd keep El Hijo de Perfecto, but cut Ted immediately. Perfecter has talent and upside. At worst, he's a mid carder who can make other mid carders look good. Ted Jr. just sucks all around. He has negative charisma, LOOKS like a boring human, doesn't look good winning, doesn't make others look good losing. He's as dead of a weight as you can get. He serves less of a purpose than Khali and Hornswoggle. He's also ultra injury prone. Dude has been constantly injured over the past two years.

The only time he's been over was when he was with Orton. He's been completely heatless since Legacy. That was 3 years ago now. Even A-Ri gets a better reaction.

Aiii

So not worth it
Joe Hennig should be wrestling 15 minute matches at the top of the first hour on Raw. Nit on NXT. He has talent at least.

DiBiasi can go.

Top Bottom