• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Aiii

So not worth it
You don't have a choice in America, really - which is one of the best things about our country. So much ROOM.

I drove around America, I understand.

However, I did notice that when you have a (semi-)big parking lot next to a bunch of stores you guys will literally drive your car from the front of one store to the front of another so you don't have to walk. That's a bit much.

jmdajr

However, I did notice that when you have a (semi-)big parking lot next to a bunch of stores you guys will literally drive your car from the front of one store to the front of another so you don't have to walk. That's a bit much.

never

24-hour-fitness-escalator_zps29969d07.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do something that is easy. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Cut starts in April. CAN'T WAIT.

Stop being excited, cutting fucking sucks. Sucks all the fun out of life. I'm cutting till May. Did a pee test early yesterday - I've been sick, and I bought some strawberry wafers that used Sorbitol instead of sugars, which pass through your body w/no absorption and my pee test showed I was back to a "trace" amount of keto which spooked me. A couple hours later and I was back to moderate. Was really bummed because I thought I found a cure for my sweet tooth. Also bought some sugar alcohol ice cream to see if that affects my cut but I haven't had the balls to try it yet. It's getting old, man!

Only the fats or lazies do that, or if you plan on carrying out a bunch of stuff. Out here in America we buy lots of things with our "credit cards" so it's not uncommon to buy shit you can't carry, in the land of money and wealth.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I got rid of my credit card, can't be trusted with money really. Must spend it all.

I do have a prepaid Visa now, so I can pay for my US Netflix account.

1 million subs is pretty tough. I already order at least 3-4 PPVs so it makes sense for me to subscribe. They better start making a companion app/website to go with the network. HBOGO is the only reason why I bother with HBO.

Stop being excited, cutting fucking sucks. Sucks all the fun out of life. I'm cutting till May. Did a pee test early yesterday - I've been sick, and I bought some strawberry wafers that used Sorbitol instead of sugars, which pass through your body w/no absorption and my pee test showed I was back to a "trace" amount of keto which spooked me. A couple hours later and I was back to moderate. Was really bummed because I thought I found a cure for my sweet tooth. Also bought some sugar alcohol ice cream to see if that affects my cut but I haven't had the balls to try it yet. It's getting old, man!

The worst thing about cutting is how I skinny and tiny I feel physically when looking in a mirror. Not to mention the strength loss. If only I can weigh the same but just have a lower bf%

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing about cutting is how I skinny and tiny I feel physically when looking in a mirror. Not to mention the strength loss. If only I can weigh the same but just have a lower bf%

Well if you're stuck in weenie-mode I can't help you. I've managed to keep most of my muscle so far, but I'm going to be a LOT weaker when I get out of this, which I dread. I'm gonna be soooo upset when I can only bench a fraction of what I used to :( RIP benching 290

Well if you're stuck in weenie-mode I can't help you. I've managed to keep most of my muscle so far, but I'm going to be a LOT weaker when I get out of this, which I dread. I'm gonna be soooo upset when I can only bench a fraction of what I used to :( RIP benching 290

I think 290 is prolly my 1RM. I'm sure I can hit 315 this year though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think 290 is prolly my 1RM. I'm sure I can hit 315 this year though.

I'm gonna hoss out and I'm setting 400 as my goal for when I'm on gains. I've always maintained a LOT of muscle without doing too much (thanks genetics, etc) but now that I'm focused on gaining muscle for once in my life? I'm gonna pick up a goddamn building and piss on people.

I'm gonna hoss out and I'm setting 400 as my goal for when I'm on gains. I've always maintained a LOT of muscle without doing too much (thanks genetics, etc) but now that I'm focused on gaining muscle for once in my life? I'm gonna pick up a goddamn building and piss on people.

400 huh? Welp.

Need my squat and deadlift to be 400/500 and 300 bench. Then I be happy.

225 OHP as well. I can do it!

Good luck with that, I'm gonna eat a jelly donut.

I want one too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
400 huh? Welp.

Need my squat and deadlift to be 400/500 and 300 bench. Then I be happy.

225 OHP as well. I can do it!

Hey, I figure I should shoot for the stars. If I bench 400 I might as well just strip for money (which I would do) - man, I love money.

jmdajr

Speaking of DONUTS.

There is a guy at work always telling me about the virtues of healthy eating and all the miracles of vitamins, supplements and shit.

But every week he also comes in saying, "Hey man you want a donut, I brought some!"

I feel bad because he is supposedly diabetic and trying real hard to be good, but just don't make me feel guilty about not taking all these supplements and not eating organic foods when you are offering me fucking donuts.

Plus I'm not overweight or have any eating issues. I'm just not out there growing my own crops and stuff like some of these extreme people. Whole foods is a quick road to poverty.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of DONUTS.

There is a guy at work always telling me about the virtues of healthy eating and all the miracles of vitamins and supplements and shit.

But every week he also comes in saying, "Hey man you want a donut, I brought some!"

I feel bad because he is supposedly diabetic and trying real hard to be good, but just don't make me feel guilty about not taking all these supplements and not eating organic foods when you are offering me fucking donuts.

Plus I'm not overweight or have any eating issues. I'm just not out there growing my own crops and stuff like some of these extreme people. Whole foods is a quick road to poverty.

So...do you eat the donuts? The more of them YOU eat the less he gets a chance to eat.

Cagey

Banned
And this is real life. He's gone from being fat to having bloated HGH abs that wouldn't look out of place on Hogan.

LPIEMJj.jpg

He looks like one of those huge upperbody/chicken leg people you see in gyms these days!

It's also a blood/pump thing. The calves don't swell up like the arms do, so during a workout, you can look far more imbalanced than you are.

On arms day with shorts down to my knees, I look like a "legs NOT EVEN ONCE" douche bag. Calves stay chillen at their normal size, arms pumped to hell.

Alucard

Banned
Hunter has to be juicing, right?

ROH announced two NOAH guys for their May 4th Toronto show. Naomichi Marufuji and Taiji Ishimori. Haven't heard of either of 'em, but one of them's the Jr. Heavyweight Champion. I'm definitely going.

It's also a blood/pump thing. The calves don't swell up like the arms do, so during a workout, you can look far more imbalanced than you are.

On arms day with shorts down to my knees, I look like a "legs NOT EVEN ONCE" douche bag. Calves stay chillen at their normal size, arms pumped to hell.

That's why we are doing short shorts July. Give them quads the respect they deserve.

ROH announced two NOAH guys for their May 4th Toronto show. Naomichi Marufuji and Taiji Ishimori. Haven't heard of either of 'em, but one of them's the Jr. Heavyweight Champion. I'm definitely going.

Excellent news! I would have loved to see Sugiura come over, but Marufuji & Ishimori are pretty awesome nonetheless - Marufuji wrestled a bunch in ROH between '05-'08, so it's great so see him back. Ishimori wrestled Generico in ROH when they went over to Tokyo in '07 and is one of the best Jr's in Japan at the moment.

If you aren't at all familiar with either guy, here's a few matches worth checking out;

. Bryan Danielson (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - (ROH 12/17/05)
. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - (NJPW 09/23/12)
. Naomichi Marufuji vs Daichi Hashimoto - (ZERO1 07/08/12)

. Shuji Kondo (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - (NOAH 01/27/13)
. Taiji Ishimori vs Kota Ibushi - (DDT 05/04/09)
. Taiji Ishimori vs Atsushi Aoki - (NOAH 05/26/12)

You have the Marufuji/KENTA matches from 07 I think? I want to say that they had 3 matches in NOAH for the Jr and Heavyweight titles. They were amazing.

You have the Marufuji/KENTA matches from 07 I think? I want to say that they had 3 matches in NOAH for the Jr and Heavyweight titles. They were amazing.

There's been a ton of Marufuji/KENTA matches over the years, a lot of them are great, but I find that in some of them (especially the longer ones) they tended to do a bit too much for my tastes - here's a video with 6 matches of theirs from between 2004-2012;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKYLbLZXv4

Also, it's likely Marufuji will face KENTA for the GHC Heavyweight Title at Kobashi's retirement show in May, which should be fun.

somedevil

It's been noted that Triple H is far more old school in his thoughts on pro wrestling than Vince McMahon and when he's in full control, we will likely see the storylines evolve back to a more believable and serious approach.

Cena must be hoping Vince doesn't die or completely give up control because what will happen to his poopy jokes when Triple H takes control?

Ithil

Cena must be hoping Vince doesn't die or completely give up control because what will happen to his poopy jokes when Triple H takes control?

Cena can't improvise for shit, so he's screwed if they do away with scripted promos.

Also, they added Kurt Angle to their alumni section, nothing but good things to say about him (even saying his WM 21 match was possibly the best WWE match...ever). But I wonder if it will set him off on Twitter anyway.

jmdajr

Cena can't improvise for shit, so he's screwed if they do away with scripted promos.

Also, they added Kurt Angle to their alumni section, nothing but good things to say about him (even saying his WM 21 match was possibly the best WWE match...ever). But I wonder if it will set him off on Twitter anyway.

Angle and Hardy should finish their careers in WWE. Give em a limited schedule, it's fine.

Cagey

Banned
That's why we are doing short shorts July. Give them quads the respect they deserve.

Gotta be tight short shorts tho. I have some short shorts I wear to the gym for leg day but they're baggy (for movement), and the extra material makes your quads disappear.

That or, of course, I could work on growing into an XL haha. Not on my current agenda.

This allows each talent to learn how to speak as their character and rely more on their own creative ability versus just reading what someone else wrote for them.

This is how WWE use to be with the characters, having more range, and Triple H is expected to continue to bring more old school elements back to the company.
I look forward to the return of the days of

"There's a lot of bi- things I am, but lingual's not one of them." -HHH, KotR 1998

"Hey wait a minute, did I just mean to say that?" -HHH KotR 1998, after three and a half seconds of complete silence from the announce table

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5jp90_the-rock-vs-ken-shamrock-king-of-th_sport#.UUtDfhzCZ8E around the 5:35 mark.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey fitness talk! This is a good time to say I started P90X!

It sucks! I want a pizza!

Fuck pizza. You don't need that shit. What you DO need is time.

I did great on P90X until about week 2, where I simply didn't have TIME for it. That shit eats your time worse than a pizza.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
$60 for SD...for this card?

whatever Vince is smoking, I want some

smoking a steak burrito. I guess they think people who are splurging for it would splurge higher. I guess it's ok. I might just catch it on a replay or some shit. I haven't had a desire to watch any WWE in a while, and Mania usually is a big event, but...nah. I'll maybe go to some Maniaparty or some shit.

Ithil

Angle and Hardy should finish their careers in WWE. Give em a limited schedule, it's fine.

I'm eh on Hardy, but Angle says he plans to wrestle for TNA til his contract is over (I think it's two more years), then have one more "retirement years" wherever, then he's done for good. His final year being back in WWE would be great, old as he is, it still feels like his rightful home.

XenoRaven

Fuck pizza. You don't need that shit. What you DO need is time.

I did great on P90X until about week 2, where I simply didn't have TIME for it. That shit eats your time worse than a pizza.
Yeah. The time thing is a killer. I never cooked before this so now my day basically amounts to work, work out, make food, dishes, hour of video games, sleep. Yoga X is especially time consuming. I'm on week 2 and it's rough, but I'm committed to finishing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. The time thing is a killer. I never cooked before this so now my day basically amounts to work, work out, make food, dishes, hour of video games, sleep. Yoga X is especially time consuming. I'm on week 2 and it's rough, but I'm committed to finishing.

On the plus side, it really does work. But yeah, P90X + cooking + job = nothing else. I hope you like beating off alone, because there's very little time for a companion.

Mania's about £17/$25 here in the UK, but of course that's via Sky, so if you want to watch it online, tough shit. It's like they want people to pirate the show. Personally, I'll be spending as little as possible on Mania, might find a few friends to chip in as I'll be spending $60 on iPPVs from promotions who deserve my money.

jmdajr

Everyone I know that started p90x...quit.

Your better off having a more reasonable way to get exercise. It's not manageable for the average person.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania's about £17/$25 here in the UK, but of course that's via Sky, so if you want to watch it online, tough shit. It's like they want people to pirate the show. Personally, I'll be spending as little as possible on Mania, might find a few friends to chip in as I'll be spending $60 on iPPVs from promotions who deserve my money.

I should run a WM28 stream and see how many people don't notice it's 28 and tune in to see it considering its the same event, hee hee hawww.

Everyone I know that started p90x...quit.

Your better off having a more reasonable way to get exercise.

Don't listen to this man. You're 2 weeks in. Don't make that 2 weeks of suffering worthless. You can do this.

Top Bottom