• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You think when The Supreme Fighting Machine Kama was getting a stunner from Austin he was thinking 'man, i was supposed to be somebody. remember those biker segments?' or 'boy i sure am glad to still be employed'

- Khali
- A-Ry
- JTG
- Jinder Mahaaalalalalalala
- Hobo Rotundo
- Aksana
- Hornswaggle
- Ted Dibiase
- Hawkins
- Camacho

Truth, Kofi, and Ryder can still be used as enhancement talents.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are Undertaker's monks supposed to be his old 'Creatures of the Night'? Am I trying to put 10 year long continuity in WWE?

Aiii

So not worth it
Khali
Ryder
JTG
Alex R
Mason Ryan
The Uso's
The big black dude that held the IC title once (seriously, the fuck was his name?)
Alicia Fox
Hornswoggle

Who should retire (as a legend): Mysterio.

Please Rey, stop killing your body.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- Khali
- A-Ry
- JTG
- Jinder Mahaaalalalalalala
- Hobo Rotundo
- Aksana
- Hornswaggle
- Ted Dibiase
- Hawkins
- Camacho

Truth, Kofi, and Ryder can still be used as enhancement talents.

Ooo I agree with Aksana. However, Camacho? You don't think he has any potential for future development, and Jinder Mahal(o) as well?

Kaladin

I was actually thinking about something like this the other day, say after Mania Vince gives you the book and complete creative control. He wants you to reduce the roster to 50 male wrestlers and up to 10 female wrestlers - you can bring in up to FIVE outside talents to replace some of your cuts - who do you choose, and a month or so down the line how do those 60 wrestlers fit into your plans? My WWE would look like this, with the following wrestlers in contention for the belts;

This post is depressing. I want this WWE and it will never happen. Instead, we'll get a show that is part wrestling entertainment and part monster jam where everyone is in the ring to get a pop out of the crowd. Then they mix in a few storylines, keep old traditions like Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble alive and hire some indie darlings to keep all the wrasslin fans coming back for more.

Ooo I agree with Aksana. However, Camacho? You don't think he has any potential for future development, and Jinder Mahal(o) as well?

I'm sure they do but in my eyes, they are just boring. If I were in charge of the company, they wouldn't fit my current vision. Feel the same way with McIntire but I think he works well with Slater.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even though black don't crack, R-Truth's age is definitely the reason I'd cut him. It's a damn shame. Unhinged R-Truth was wonderful, and Little Jimmy really did catch on.

Anyone listened to MVP's new song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX0PFHECJSI

It's kinda catchy and I like the various puro references, but the song? Not so much.

Then they mix in a few storylines, keep old traditions like Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble alive and hire some indie darlings to keep all the wrasslin fans coming back for more.

Pretty much - if it weren't for guys I know from the indies finding success in WWE, I can't say I'd keep watching. And even the Rumble & Survivor Series have been totally lacking in recent years. It depresses me how bad Survivor Series is each year, when it used to be one of my favourite events. Also, fucking King of the Ring - remember when that shit used to be super important?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Mr Austin, I want you to embrace the straight edge lifestyle"

"What you say boy I aughta whoop yer ass"

And honestly that's all it takes and people will pick sides and get loud. But it ain't happenin...this year :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Mr Austin, I want you to embrace the straight edge lifestyle"

"What you say boy I aughta whoop yer ass"

and then
Pw0rbqf.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That makes me think - consider this scenario. Punk vs Austin is set for Mania 30, and it's Rumble time. However, John Cena has to compete in the main event.

How do you get the most out of this triple threat match? Note: you CANNOT write Cena OUT of the story.

That makes me think - consider this scenario. Punk vs Austin is set for Mania 30, and it's Rumble time. However, John Cena has to compete in the main event.

How do you get the most out of this triple threat match? Note: you CANNOT write Cena OUT of the story.

Put cena through SAT. Get 15 mins of punk/Austin goodness. Then have cena get stunners and out for 5 more

"WHOA THERE, COWBOYS! *wink and smirk at audience since they're in Texas* I know you guys are sore at each other, but you have to remember that this is the WWE, AND THEY *points to the crowd* ARE THE WWE UNIVERSE. And whether they love ya or hate ya, THEY are the reason we're allowed to come out here and say what we NEED to say. Now I know you two guys wanna throw down, but you're gonna need someone who knows the ring like the back of their hand who can also keep you two calm. And what better person to do that than ME, JOHN CENA BAYBAY!! *seagull pop*

Rest assured I will call things right down the middle...even for you, Punk. *stops and stares* Just remember not to throw any blows 'round my way. Because you BOTH know the saying...if you want some *stares at Austin* COME. GET. SOME." *drops mic*

Ya time is up, my time is now...

EDIT: LOL I wrote this before Sunflower posted, so now it looks even more fitting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"WHOA THERE, COWBOYS! *wink and smirk at audience since they're in Texas* I know you guys are sore at each other, but you have to remember that this is the WWE, AND THEY *points to the crowd* ARE THE WWE UNIVERSE. And whether they love ya or hate ya, THEY are the reason we're allowed to come out here and say what we NEED to say. Now I know you two guys wanna throw down, but you're gonna need someone who knows the ring like the back of their hand who can also keep you two calm And what better person to do that than ME, JOHN CENA BABAY!! *seagull pop*

Rest assured I will call things right down the middle...even for you, Punk. *stops and stares* Just remember not to throw any blows 'round my way. Because you BOTH know the saying...if you want some *stares at Austin* COME. GET. SOME." *drops mic*

Ya time is up, my time is now...

EDIT: LOL I wrote this before Sunflower posted, so now it looks even more fitting.

hmXJKzA.gif

Also jeeeezus @ that. It sounds like something out of Stephanie's brainstorming section.

Double jeeeezus @ Cena's hit count for that intro :O

ilOtvZp11CzFd.gif

Kaladin

Pretty much - if it weren't for guys I know from the indies finding success in WWE, I can't say I'd keep watching. And even the Rumble & Survivor Series have been totally lacking in recent years. It depresses me how bad Survivor Series is each year, when it used to be one of my favourite events. Also, fucking King of the Ring - remember when that shit used to be super important?

They only run Royal Rumble, Survivor Series and the occasional King of The Ring because wrasslin fans value tradition and Vince would probably get rid of all of those if he had the chance to. Survivor Series hasn't meant much in the past years. Don't get me started on the Royal Rumble. Either A) we know who the winner is because of storylines and it's all telegraphed and made into a big deal or B) the winner is someone we suspected but weren't sure about and they're challenging for the World Heavyweight Title on the first match of the show. King of the Ring is basically filler at this point.

Oh, and at least Vince has saved Summerslam. That's the PPV he uses to rub elbows with celebrities every year in L.A.

strobogo

Banned
Survivor Series hasn't meant dick since 1997. I mean, before that, the actual Survivor matches were random fairly random for a few years. But since then, SS has just been about how they can redo the Screw Job. I wouldn't even care if they got rid of it at this point. There hasn't been a quality SS match in 10 years now.

jred2k

Also, I'm sad that no one cared about the Kanyon Cutter video. I put...so little work into it.
It was pretty funny. A real nice showcase of how bad the animations and other various glitches can be in that game. However, I think the next video you do should be an animated version of that DHWAV dream you had.

John Cena should get to be the special guest referee in his own match sometime.

Kaladin

You would think with the sucess of march madness vice would bring KOR back. I'd fill a bracket out

That may be an idea for when they finally no longer have Undertaker's streak to rely on for a big money match. They can do the KOTR tournament each week on Raw and Smackdown with the finals at Mania.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Survivor Series hasn't meant dick since 1997. I mean, before that, the actual Survivor matches were random fairly random for a few years. But since then, SS has just been about how they can redo the Screw Job. I wouldn't even care if they got rid of it at this point. There hasn't been a quality SS match in 10 years now.

Yeah, and they have like 1 actual "Survivor Series" match? C'mon now!

Like there should at least 3. :(

Penguin

Poor Ryder. Could have been good, but they shit all over him.

I disagree to an extent

I like what Ryder did
But in the entire time.. and even now.. I don't feel he has improved in the ring at all

His matches.. sans with Ziggler do very little for me. He has the broski boot, the Rough Ryder.. and the double knees in the corner.. that's about it

strobogo

Banned
It was pretty funny. A real nice showcase of how bad the animations and other various glitches can be in that game. However, I think the next video you do should be an animated version of that DHWAV dream you had.

John Cena should get to be the special guest referee in his own match sometime.

My favorite ones were the one to Orton where they both warped like a demonic gif, and Miz's, who botches even in video games. It got really boring trying to come up with new ideas, though.

jred2k

I forget who it was, but the one off the turnbuckle in slo-mo actually looked kind of cool.

Wait I just rewatched it and it wasn't in slo-mo and he completely misses grabbing his head. This day of work has killed my brain.

"WHOA THERE, COWBOYS! *wink and smirk at audience since they're in Texas* I know you guys are sore at each other, but you have to remember that this is the WWE, AND THEY *points to the crowd* ARE THE WWE UNIVERSE. And whether they love ya or hate ya, THEY are the reason we're allowed to come out here and say what we NEED to say. Now I know you two guys wanna throw down, but you're gonna need someone who knows the ring like the back of their hand who can also keep you two calm. And what better person to do that than ME, JOHN CENA BAYBAY!! *seagull pop*

Ya time is up, my time is now....

This is so infuriatingly accurate that I....

.....that I.....

iogqwuioebgiybweigb24yibtiub23g
iO6GsWEgKd6rd.gif

Penguin

There have been discussions about turning Kofi Kingston heel with the idea that he's talented but has been booked in a way where they will never be able to get him over as a babyface without a heel turn and push first.

- A new change in WWE developmental is to give the talents bullet points instead of scripts and teaching them to do promos like they used to be done.

It's been noted that Triple H is far more old school in his thoughts on pro wrestling than Vince McMahon and when he's in full control, we will likely see the storylines evolve back to a more believable and serious approach.

Not sure how Kofi would work as a heel, but would be curious to see.

The latter makes a lot of sense. A lot of promos just kind of lack that passion because seems so false.
The problem is making sure wrestlers know how to speak off the cuff and adapt though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god @ bullet points. Remember how bad JoMo was with a script? And how much BETTER he was everywhere else?

Top Bottom