• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

That would be impossible for me.

I've been doing it since Jan 1st, and I'm only up to 'Come Down Easy' by Spaceman 3. Who are Spaceman 3? No idea. How did they end up in my itunes folder? No idea. There's a certain mystery to this New Year's Resolution, I'm discovering music I have no idea how I'm discovering.

Is the music discovering me?!

So, I've got like 400gb of itunes to sort out. Pretty sure the vast majority of that is 23 different takes of various Nirvana songs, and wrestling themes.

Kaladin

I've been doing it since Jan 1st, and I'm only up to 'Come Down Easy' by Spaceman 3. Who are Spaceman 3? No idea. How did they end up in my itunes folder? No idea. There's a certain mystery to this New Year's Resolution, I'm discovering music I have no idea how I'm discovering.

Is the music discovering me?!

So, I've got like 400gb of itunes to sort out. Pretty sure the vast majority of that is 23 different takes of various Nirvana songs, and wrestling themes.

Mine is around 500GB. I bought a 2TB drive to hold my music collection exclusively. I average around 100 - 150 new cds every year. I'm on pace to hit at least 100 as I already have about 30 new albums this year.

so yea! who's exacited for MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!!!

Yea I'm not. As much of my love of the shield, the wrestlemania angle with them has gone as predictable as possible. Doesn't help I'm working during the show itself, so I only hope their entrance is appropriately amazing. (I still think they should pull in with an Armored Car)

Why are you arranging songs A - Z anyway? The correct format is Drive Letter:\Artist Name\Album Name\Song Name.mp3

A-Z in the itunes program. I did that so it was easier to weed out multiples of the same song and correct tagging, etc.

Might have something to do with the lack of discussion compared to past months years.

I do agree that at times WrassleGAF falls into cliche patterns/gimmicks - such as AJ fandom, Kane pictures, etc, but I think that's to try and keep people sane. I enjoy Bootaay's posts, and strobogo has brought a new light to the WCW madness lately. Sunflower's games have been good too. I would like a place to collect some of the better moments of the months, like a shared blog, or whatever, as it is easier to miss/lose the good posts amidst the discussions about itunes.

Kaladin

We watch The Shield for the wrestlers involved in the angle......the angle itself has been shitty since day 2.

A-Z in the itunes program. I did that so it was easier to weed out multiples of the same song and correct tagging, etc.

Only thing I need to do is fix tagging on some of my stuff. It's in there as Unknown Album for some reason.

somedevil

We watch The Shield for the wrestlers involved in the angle......the angle itself has been shitty since day 2.

Only thing I need to do is fix tagging on some of my stuff. It's in there as Unknown Album for some reason.

Why is it shitty? They been the best booked heel group in the WWE for a long time now. Aces and Eights wishes they got there booking. WWE actually created stars on how strong they booked them.

Kaladin

Why is it shitty? They been the best booked heel group in the WWE for a long time now. Aces and Eights wishes they got there booking. WWE actually created stars on how strong they booked them.

It just feels like it has been the same thing over and over again and they haven't got out of second gear. The only time The Shield is ever a threat is when the lights go out in the middle of a title match, and even then it might not make a difference.

somedevil

It just feels like it has been the same thing over and over again and they haven't got out of second gear. The only time The Shield is ever a threat is when the lights go out in the middle of a title match, and even then it might not make a difference.

I'm guess I'm seeing it different then you because they have been dominate in all there pay per view matches and tag matches. They beaten all the faces whenever they outnumbered them. They have never been beaten all by only face. When its even they have backed down and thats it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Did you miss them cleanly beating Ryback and Hell No! And The Superfriends in awesome matches?

I'm guess I'm seeing it different then you because they have been dominate in all there pay per view matches and tag matches. They beaten all the faces whenever they outnumbered them. They have never been beaten all by only face. When its even they have backed down and thats it.

I think the problem is, while they've been 'booked' strong, they've done it all in a very tame manner. I know they've powerbombed people, and speared them through barriers, but it just feels very watered down from what we've seen and are aware from in the past (DX, NOD, NWO, etc). However, I guess that's more our fault for being old and having memories that make things seem better. I personally don't mind, and think they're doing well. My only real complaint is that they're not on TV enough, but I guess that's left me wanting them more, rather than complaining about them BEING ON TV ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Kaladin

I grant you they have been winning PPV matches, but what did the wins mean? NOTHING! Heel groups need a purpose beyond disrupting matches and delivering "justice". They need to go for gold or the company or something. They're stuck in Phase 1 of the heel group storyline and as far as I've seen haven't moved on to phase 2, like when the Nexus started fucking with Cena.....as horrible as it was, that is the kind of next step The Shield should be taking.....only hopefully better booked.

Alot of it is the product's fault, but God we've watered ourselves down also. It's to the point most of us have completely lost all objectivity due to losing confidence with WWE Creative.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I have some BIG news about a familiar name returning to television TONIGHT.

It's all on my hotline: 1-900-909-9900

call now!

somedevil

Alot of it is the product's fault, but God we've watered ourselves down also. It's to the point most of us have completely lost all objectivity due to losing confidence with WWE Creative.

Last weeks Raw was bad, but I still think Raw is better than the whole guest host phase which I hated. If they just made Raw 2 hours again the shows will be alot better. Rumor is that they might consider it during the summer but right now Ratings are better than last year and business is going strong so I don't see them going back to two hours anytime soon.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Hall of Famers Ric Flair and Bret “The Hitman” Hart
are scheduled for tonight’s WWE RAW from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

gurudyne

WWE has something good and like usual, they have no idea what to do with it. The Shield is in a holding pattern right now since their schtick is disrupting the main event scene and we can't risk disrupting the WM build with anything the casual fan isn't going to latch onto. From that stance, it's easy to see why their good debut match at TLC has been repeated at each PPV since. Just as easy to see why we've lost faith in creative.

Post WM needs to have a kick-in-the-ass reboot for creative. They get themselves into so many ruts and for far too long. Wrings the life out of every single angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
If CM Punk somehow connects Paul Bearer and
Owen Hart
and does impressions of both I will love this Raw from now until eternity.

All of a sudden I actually feel less excited, if that were possible.

At least with Bobo we had closure, he can't take watching this shit every week.
Khrno will forever be a mystery.

Never forget.

fJzM4.gif

KissVibes

Banned
I don't know whos making the WrestleMania thread but if the title isn't WrestleMania 29 |OT| Starring Dwayne Johnson as 'The Rock' you fucked up.

Top Bottom