• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Robot vs Machine!

new page? ok

ikmqSALN8AdEK.gif

Kurt's got the devil's eyes.

Some creepy shit right there.

somedevil

Cesaro was yodeling to get heat. A first in wrestling.

edit: Also review an impact of 3/25/12 is a legendary podcast thanks to Mr. Anderson.

Classic Match of the Day:

Nobuhiko Takada vs Bob Backlund - (UWF 12/22/88)

This match is a ton of fun and the crowd are super excited for everything both guys do right from the start. Takada swings a kick Bob's way, trying to goad him into a striking battle, but Bob keeps his cool. Takada tries for a few more kicks, but Bob grabs his leg and slams him to the mat before doing a crazy Backlund jig! Takada tries instead to wrestle at Bob's level and we get some excellent mat wrestling from both guys, Bob going after the neck and arm to soften Takada up for the chikenwing, while Takada tries to do some damage to Bob's legs. Takada forced Bob into the ropes and comes at him strong with big knee strikes, but Bob deadlifts him and hits a delayed back suplex! He locks in an armbar, forcing Takada to rope break and then scores a down with a HUGE forearm smash! Takada comes straight back with a flurry of punches, followed by a spin kick right to the jaw and a crazy backdrop driver to score a down of his own. Backlund tries to go back to the arm, but Takada transitions nicely into a single-leg crab and Bob makes it to the ropes. Takada swings some kicks high and wild, which legit pisses Bob off, who just forearms the crap out of Takada, swelling up his eye. Takada goes for an armbar, but Bob keeps his fingers locked and bridges out, so Takada goes back to the leg. Bob transitions out nicely and wrenches in a nasty ankle hold before going for the neck once more and trying for the chickenwing. Takada's had just about enough of this, so he just picks Bob up and dumps him on the mat before breaking his damn nose with a nasty kick to the face. From then on things get pretty heated and the crowd go just as crazy as Backlund at the sight of blood. Amazing spot where Takada frees himself from a leg-lock by axe-kicking Bob in the head. Fuck. What an awesome match.

i7hqPCwE1vkit.gif

Here's the playlist of other classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Antonio Inoki, Riki Choshu & Kantaro Hoshino vs Dick Murdoch, Bob Orton Jr. & Scott Hall - (NJPW 11/17/88)
  • Billy Robinson vs Nick Bockwinkel - (AJPW 12/11/80)
  • Bob Backlund (c) vs Stan Hansen - WWF Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/30/80)
  • Tatsumi Fujinami (c) vs Tony Rocco - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/11/80)
  • Takako Inoue vs Kyoko Inoue - (AJW 01/24/93)
  • Tiger Mask (c) vs Bret Hart - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 02/05/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - Real World Tag League FINAL - (AJPW 12/03/93)
  • Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)
  • Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

Ultratech

Zzz...been taking a nap for about the last hour or two. Hooray for Friday off!
(And possibly getting a Wii U on Friday.)

Cesaro with that stomp!

And they still make him lose. :(

Cagey

Banned
I love everything about Brodus + Tensai + Funkadactyls v. Sandow + Rhodes + Bellas. Everything.

This is what the undercard should be about. Simple, fun, continued stories that make two parties hating each other make sense.

It doesn't need to be some complex, multi-layered story. Just give them reason to have a match!

I love everything about Brodus + Tensai + Funkadactyls v. Sandow + Rhodes + Bellas. Everything.

This is what the undercard should be about. Simple, fun, continued stories that make two parties hating each other make sense.

It doesn't need to be some complex, multi-layered story. Just give them reason to have a match!

Fuck that. I think every WM29 match should have a legends debate.

Kaladin

Chikara set up Mr. Touchdown vs Eddie Kingston (or the current champ) for the Chikara Grand Championship at their show in North GA.

Also, they're bringing back the Tag World Grand Prix in May!!!!!!!!!!!

I would imagine any girls with a passing interesting WrassleGAF would be rightfully scared away by all of the gratuitous T&A diva pics plastered in the thread each Monday night during the inevitable tedium of the 3-hour (plus overrun) RAW broadcast.

I generally just try to scroll past those as quickly as possible. Just like Raw itself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a call to all Wrasslegaf lurkers - lurk no more! We want to meet you, so please, post and give us your Fave Five, and something about you to set yourself apart from everyone else!

This is a call to all Wrasslegaf lurkers - lurk no more! We want to meet you, so please, post and give us your Fave Five, and something about you to set yourself apart from everyone else!

Fave 5:

1) CM Punk
2) Rhodes Scholars
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Chris Jericho
5) Daniels/Kazarian

I once turned down sex to watch Super Mario Bros Super Show.

UberTag

Now we'll get to hear all about it over the next week and a half.. as they find a way to compare it to the Undertaker's streak
It's a fitting allegory by WWE standards.

The Chicago Bulls ends the most notorious streak in recent professional sports memory.
Chicago's own CM Punk now pursues ending the most notorious streak in sports entertainment history one week later.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Weird, somee are available in my country, some are not. :(

I'm using a new stream provider, WrassleGAF. Help me test it out as I show Bad Blood 2003

"This channel isn't enabled for the current domain."

Top Bottom