• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

RBH

In the Raw segment-by-segment, the show opened strong with the C.M. Punk segment with Undertaker doing a 3.39 first quarter. Jericho vs. Ziggler lost 441,000 viewers. The Fandango attack on Jericho and backstage segment with Sheamus & Orton & Show brawling with The Shield gained 117,000 viewers. Mark Henry vs. Usos lost 54,000 viewers. Alberto Del Rio vs. Antonio Cesaro with the Jack Swagger attack on Ricardo Rodriguez at 9 p.m. gained 371,000 viewers to a 3.28. Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Prime Time Players lost 241,000 viewers. HHH interview lost 6,000 viewers. Wade Barrett vs. The Miz gained 71,000 viewers. The Shield vs. Zack Ryder & Justin Gabriel & Great Khali at 10 p.m. gained 187,000 viewers which is nothing for the time slot, doing a 3.29 quarter. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay & Tensai and Ryback vs. 3MB in a 1 vs. 3 match lost 102,000 viewers. A.J. vs. Kaitlyn lost 257,000 viewers. The Rock-Cena segment with the legends gained 615,000 viewers and ended at 3.47.

strobogo

Banned
The only segment by segment breakdowns that should matter are the opening, 9PM, and ending. The breakdowns are pretty useless since nothing is hyped to be at a specific time, so loses and gains are pretty arbitrary.

Next to Third Strike of course, but that's apples to oranges. Plus you have to give a game credit for putting a drag queen front and center as the main character. Having a general transgendered person as the lead is tough, but a queen like that was ballsy (no pun intended)

3rd Strike makes me rage..........HARD.

I love fighting games, but that game just feels so ass backwards sometimes.

not sure if posted yet...

299107_444456965642056_798526174_n.jpg

That stage is going to be ENORMOUS! Probably wont make up for the shitty card though. At least it will be entertaining watching the talent freeze in 40 degree weather

I'm coming home

I'm coming home

Tell the world

I'm coming home

Let the rain

Wash away

All the pain from yesterday

Great match, SENDAI Girls were really impressive at King of Trios and I very much enjoyed Team ROH heeling things up.

To me, 3rd Strike is the pinnacle of fighting games and every other fighting game feels ass-backwards. I've been waiting for something to come along and replace it for the past 12 years, but no luck as of yet.

3S forever <3

this.

To me, 3rd Strike is the pinnacle of fighting games and every other fighting game feels ass-backwards. I've been waiting for something to come along and replace it for the past 12 years, but no luck as of yet.

3S forever <3

3S is, imo, the worst SF game they have ever made. 4 is close behind.

They have yet to top ST and they never will.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
not sure if posted yet...

299107_444456965642056_798526174_n.jpg

That stage is going to be ENORMOUS! Probably wont make up for the shitty card though. At least it will be entertaining watching the talent freeze in 40 degree weather
Gotta have a huge entrance so they can tarp over all the empty seats without making it too obvious.

Does anyone really care about grand entrances like this? It just seems like leaving money on the table.

Anyone interested in some shootstyle? Here's Hiromitsu Kanehara's retirement show, top two matches are well worth checking out;

Hiromitsu Kanehara Produce, "U-SPIRITS AGAIN", 03.09.2013
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,395 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2k1u9

01. Mitsuya Nagai vs Takaku Fuke
02. Daijiro Matsui vs KAI Yamamiya
03. Yoshihiro Takayama vs Hikaru Sato
04. Katsunori Kikuno vs Takafumi Ito
05. Yoshihiki Takahashi vs Kenichi Yamamoto
06. Pancrase vs RINGS - Legends Confrontation: Minoru Suzuki vs Hans Nijman
07. Hiromitsu Kanehara Last Match: Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yuki Kondo

FallingEdge said:
They have yet to top ST and they never will.

I'm not going to be the guy who argues against ST being anything other than amazing, but I just can't go back to it after 3S. I miss the parries and just how wonderfully fluid 3S is.

Pretty decent, albeit short, documentary on Emma (pre-debut, post contract signing).

She seems pretty dedicated, and put a ton of effort into stuff.

Nice, thanks for the link. She was always pretty impressive in her appearances for SHIMMER - in particular, I remember her having a very good match with Sara Del Rey. Perhaps Sara put a good word in? And I'm sure being a student of Lance Storm helped her get signed.

I'm not going to be the guy who argues against ST being anything other than amazing, but I just can't go back to it after 3S. I miss the parries and just how wonderfully fluid 3S is.
Contrary to what I said, I actually do enjoy the game because of parries and the intense mindgames, but the game just goes against so much of what makes SF what it is. I also just really really really really REALLY hate Yun. I want them to rebalance the game so so bad....but 95% of players don't want it. It's really fucking mindboggling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thinkin about putting up a Mania stream again for the weekend. Good idea or bad?

gurudyne

No wonder you liked WCW.

Anyone who thinks MGR was anything less than balls out awesome is wrong and I question every decision they make in life going forward.

I was halfway through a very long rant about writing quality before I noticed that you guys were talking about MGR instead of MGS. Things...make more sense now.

I remember when this thread was about a community college.

AbedNodsSagely.gif

Thinkin about putting up a Mania stream again for the weekend. Good idea or bad?

Great. Do it.

Hell yes. 26 is the only one I haven't seen since I started watching wrestling (1996). Well I've seen Jericho/Edge and Taker/Michaels, but I want to see it in its entirety. I want to rewatch 24. And I'd like to see some of the WM's before I started watching....like 9.....just because it's supposed to be so shitty.

Omega

Banned
A friend said that if he was to play it again and avoid all the cutscenes he'd probably complete it in 4 hours or less :(
i beat in in 4hrs 38min watching the cutscenes so yeah..

i think i spent 45 minutes on Sundowner because i didnt know both analog sticks controlled the camera in Blade Mode..i felt like such a dumbass

Yaaaaay, some good, recent Joshi prowres action!

STARDOM, "THE HIGHEST 2013 - PRE-RYOGOKU CINDERELLA", 03/17/13
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
1,250 fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2k1x2

01. Yuzupon Retirement Best Fighting Spirit - Premium Singles Match: Yuzuki Aikawa vs Meiko Satomura
02. STARDOM Tag Wars Gauntlet: Miho Wakizawa & Eri Susa vs Yui Yokoo & Sumire Yoshino vs Dark Angel & Kellie Skater vs Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani vs Natsumi Showzuki & Kairi Hojo
03. Special Scramble Singles War: Kaori Yoneyama vs Act Yasukawa vs Amazon vs Yuhi
04. Goddesses of STARDOM Title: Natsuki*Taiyo & Yoshiko (c) vs Kyoko Kimura & Hailey Hatred
05. World of STARDOM Title: Nanae Takahashi (c) vs Alpha Female

Great opening match as Yuzuki Aikawa (who is on her retirement tour) faces off against SENDAI Girls matriarch Meiko Satomura. Also, the Tag Wars Gauntlet features SHIMMER alum Kellie Skater & 'Dark Angel' Sarah Stock, the Goddesses of STARDOM title match sees Hailey Hatred & Kyoko Kimura challenge Natsuki*Taiyo & Yoshiko in a good contest and, finally, in the main event Nanae Takahashi defends her World of STARDOM title against the imposing, 6 foot Alpha Female, who is a German wrestler who works for Pro-Wrestling EVE in the UK. Great main event, well worth checking out.

Bootaaay is now my fav poster on WrassleGAF. 3rd Strike or GTFO

High five!

I main Chun Li, Ibuki & Alex. I get my ass kicked online, lol.

Omega

Banned
I used Urien

the first gameplay I ever saw was RX and from that moment I knew 3S was going to be my favorite fighter and Urien would be my main. I love the parrying. It creates a risk/reward for both players.

i wasn't that great but i could hold my own. community died pretty quickly on PSN and i got tired of playing the same two guys. ST was the only other game i could put time into

Evan Bourne returned to the ring at a NXT house show today, wrestling Sammy Sane (El Generico)!

Good to hear he's ring-fit again, hopefully it won't be too long before he's back on TV. I wonder what they're going to do about the fact that Adrian Neville does his finisher, but with a fancy corkscrew twist?

Evan Bourne returned to the ring at a NXT house show today, wrestling Sammy Sane (El Generico)!

Good to hear he's ring-fit again, hopefully it won't be too long before he's back on TV. I wonder what they're going to do about the fact that Adrian Neville does his finisher, but with a fancy corkscrew twist?

Sounds like feud material to me. But then again, I'm not part of WWE Creative.™

Kaladin

Wish I could have seen that one.

Bourne/Neville for tag team champions?

Kaladin

Where did you see this? I have no NXT house show on the schedule for today.

Wish I could have seen that one.

Bourne/Neville for tag team champions?

That'd be pretty cool, but like I said, I'm not sure how they'll handle the similar finisher problem. Also, what ever happened to Justin Gabriel? Seemed like he was doing fine, right up until the point that Randy Orton fucked up taking the 450 and they made Gabriel use a lame version of the move from then on, then he just kinda disappeared.

Where did you see this? I have no NXT house show on the schedule for today.

A lot of people were posting about it on twitter - there's a blurry photo, too; https://twitter.com/WWERetweeting/status/317421945832476672

Well there's your problem, you need to roll with Q and Urien :)

I'm not too bad with Q, but I really, really dislike Urien for some reason. Necro's fun to use and I'm pretty good with Remy, too.

Kaladin

That'd be pretty cool, but like I said, I'm not sure how they'll handle the similar finisher problem. Also, what ever happened to Justin Gabriel? Seemed like he was doing fine, right up until the point that Randy Orton fucked up taking the 450 and they made Gabriel use a lame version of the move from then on, then he just kinda disappeared.

Gabriel is feuding with Leo Kruger on NXT.

I just realized that WWE suddenly has a whole bunch of UK talent.

Drew McIntyre
Wade Barrett
Oliver Grey (Joel Redman)
Adrian Neville (Pac)
Mason Ryan (PALtista)
Paige

...give them Regal as a mouthpiece and you have an awesome stable.

I wonder how many people confused Evan Bourne with Dolph Ziggler's brother.

...that is kinda scary.

Also, I'm watching TNA for the first time in an age. D'Lo is the least threatening gang member ever.

Keyser Soze said:
I just realized that WWE suddenly has a whole bunch of UK talent.

Drew McIntyre
Wade Barrett
Oliver Grey (Joel Redman)
Adrian Neville (Pac)
Mason Ryan (PALtista)
Paige

...give them Regal as a mouthpiece and you have an awesome stable.

I've thought about this before, they'd be called 'The Commonwealth', or 'The Union'. I'd love it, just for Regal on TV.

Fuck, Mr. Anderson is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad on the mic. So bad. I can't overstate this enough. He has a lot in common with The Miz, but The Miz is better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just rewatched Flair's WWE retirement moment. Jeeeeezus why couldn't that have been his ending for real? Amazing.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
This is a call to all Wrasslegaf lurkers - lurk no more! We want to meet you, so please, post and give us your Fave Five, and something about you to set yourself apart from everyone else!

Thanks again for the Mania stream. It was very distracting. My favorite wrestling periods were WWF 1984-1995 and WCW 1993-1998. I still watch classic wrestling but have a hard time sitting through current WWE or TNA. I am trying to catch up on older NWA/WCW and AWA. Luckily for people like me wrestling produces so much content that I don't have to ready my veins for the new stuff when I need my fix.

Fave Five. Eh, I am terrible at these. Too indecisive. Since WCW bashing seems to be fashionable here I will pull my Five out of the pocket of my mohair bell-bottoms.

N Dubya O

Hogan
Savage
Hall
Nash
Bagwell

Dubya C Dubya

Ultimo Dragon
Jericho
Page
La Parka
Booker T.

(List is subject to change, it was hard leaving out Hennig and Flair)

Something that may set myself apart....hmmm. Here are some random wrestling opinions that may not go over here.

The Attitude era was awful and has aged like milk that has been under the sun for a decade.

I would take WCW's toilet bowl swirling 1999 over WWF's 1999.

Austin was overrated. (His matches with Bret were good though)

A facebook post of all things that details just how fucked the WCW main event scene was after the NWO became a successful gimmick.

I fail to see how all of these are fucked. Are they talking about the booking, the quality of the matches, or both? Because not all of those hit all three pegs.

I remember when I used to watch Velocity and Kennedy/Anderson first showed up... thought he was awesome at the time, and loved when he got a decent push as part of the main roster.

WTF ever happened?!?

Top Bottom