• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Come on long term story line of Aces and Eights was 9 monthes of crap and plot holes and Aces and Eights always losing that lead to this swerve.

Long term is fine if done correctly but TNA doesn't really do it well.

I haven't followed it at all, so yea its possible it was 8 months of crap.

It's just hard to imagine any proper long term thinking in the WWE from story line perspective.

Ultratech

Come on long term story line of Aces and Eights was 9 monthes of crap and plot holes and Aces and Eights always losing that lead to this swerve.

Long term is fine if done correctly but TNA doesn't really do it well.

The "documentary" Bully Ray did kinda covers their ass on a lot of stuff, but prior to that, nobody knew what the hell was the real endgame was there and it obviously shows in spots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE IMPOSTOR EL LOCAL IS DAMMIT

It bothers me!

Also I used to think MGS3 was the best Metal Gear, but Peace Walker is just baaaarely better. Good haul Bionic AAAAAARM

WWE Top 10: (Almost) Streak Stoppers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA-LLjPQLU

The ones near the top kind of lose their impact with Cole shouting "THE STREAK IS OVER" in like all of them, It's the WEMAYHAVEANEWCHAMPION-NO KICK OUT AT TWO of streak matches. HHH has three of them and I still say the best one was at X7, love that spot and it feels like a proper all or nothing match ender while most are just Taker getting hit by a finisher, though after the finisher combo last year you have to wonder if there's anything else they could even do to really get people to think it will end this year.
That said the RKO is genuinely out of nowhere for a change and I love it.

Lastly they chose the wrong Spear, the following one that led into hells gate/that submission really had me thinking it could've been over.

strobogo

Banned
A8 has been one of the worst long term storylines ever. Nothing has happened until the last 2 months and even with Bully explaining everything on the last Impact, he didn't really explain why all of this was necessary or why he dragged it out so long. Are we to believe this entire thing was really just so Bully could get the TNA Championship? Why couldn't he just cheat like a normal heel? Or do it 6 months ago? Or just have those dudes help him win without all the bullshit biker gang stuff when you know Devon, Garrett, Wes, and D'Lo don't ride no mother fucking motorcycles.

RBH

The ones near the top kind of lose their impact with Cole shouting "THE STREAK IS OVER" in like all of them, HHH has three of them and I still say the best one was at X7, love that spot and it feels like a proper all or nothing match ender while most are just Taker getting hit by a finisher, though after the finisher combo last year you have to wonder if there's anything else they could even do to really get people to think it will end this year.
That said the RKO is genuinely out of nowhere for a change and I love it.

Lastly they chose the wrong Spear, the following one that led into hells gate/that submission really had me thinking it could've been over.

I personally LOVED the false finish at WM27, but I may be biased since I was there in the Georgia Dome.

EVERYONE in the building thought it was over, and the reaction after Taker kicked out was huge.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
waaaaaaaaaait

remember that rule Aries made up last year about whoever had the X-Division title at Destination X would get a TNA title shot?

There is no more Destination X!

I personally LOVED the false finish at WM27, but I may be biased since I was there in the Georgia Dome.

EVERYONE in the building thought it was over, and the reaction after Taker kicked out was huge.

Actually in fairness that one did come after multiple pedigrees and the chairshot bonanza, maybe I too admit that I thought it was over for a brief moment.
That moment mainly being "Trips would totally book himself to win this, it's actually possible"

But i'd like to see something more interesting that CM Punk hits multiple GTS moves this year for the big streak ender possibility, maybe he could tape the urn to his knee and GTS Taker onto that or something equally silly , I don't know!

Alucard

Banned
Aces and Eights was definitely 8-9 months of crap, but now that it's actually going somewhere, things are interesting. Stuff that I'm liking in TNA right now:

-AJ Styles
-Aries and Roode
-James Storm
-Hogan and Sting (yeah...seriously. Good exchange tonight, with Sting showing some passion)
-Kenny King
-Zema Ion
-Petey Williams is coming back!
-Matt Morgan
-Joey Ryan

Man, this is such a weird ending to tonight's show.

OH SHIT OFF THE LADDER! Or not. :p

I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE IMPOSTOR EL LOCAL IS DAMMIT

It bothers me!

Also I used to think MGS3 was the best Metal Gear, but Peace Walker is just baaaarely better. Good haul Bionic AAAAAARM

Peace Walker is pretty badass. I put 160+ hours in the PSP version. And I believe 70+ or so in the PS3 version to get the Platinum. Crazy stuff.

RBH

iKuDs6OjnUuuk.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
shes adorable. what does NXT come out on?? you guys are always talking about it and i have no idea where to catch it at

I'm not sure on the protocol. Can I share a website that gives links to Dailymotion and downloads of episodes like NXT?

Hulu Plus has the entire NXT Redemption run. It might be the only marathon of wrestling worse than watching WCW 2000.

Bollocks. NXT Redemption was hilarious. It had the longest running story line in WWE at one point, with good matches more often than any actual bad ones. It also featured the best Johnny Curtis.

That dance is in heels too! Fuckin heels! Like, I can appreciate it for what it is - a very well choreographed and performed dance (that maybe might make things tingle) but god damn that's some skill.

Regal has danced in heels. It's how he met the mother of his conjoined-twins.

Bayonetta probably has the best combat system of all time.

I want to shake your hand.

I think RoboCop 1 is much better, but I don't hate RoboCop 2 at all. It's a pretty well done sequel. The two Peter Weller RoboCop movies are leaps and bounds better than everything else the franchise has put out.

I always liked RoboCop: The Series. No it wasn't the movies and it's own universe of continuity, but it was a good build into an actual hopeful Detroit getting better and did more for OCP than the movies did. I wanted more of it because I enjoyed the stories.

First two movies are my favourites of course, Robocop vs Terminator for Mega Drive a close third behind them, but The Series I'll always remember fondly for actually making me a fan because I could care about it's world now.

Also, has there been a Xena/Aliens cross over comic? Xenamorphs!

I don't know about the xenomorphs, but they did have an amusing Xena and Army of Darkness Crossover. Silly Ash, he never had a chance with her.

Pretty decent, albeit short, documentary on Emma (pre-debut, post contract signing).

She seems pretty dedicated, and put a ton of effort into stuff.

She really is dedicated to it. It's not just a dream job or the standard stuff, but something she is truly passionate and devoted to doing as best she can. We need more wrestlers like her in WWE.

Penguin

theres too many kings in Game of Thrones. i rent season two on dvd and theres kings everywhere. i dont even know who some of them are.

wrestling comment. uhhhhmmm. oh yeah Raw. Wade Barrett used to be the prime threat of the WWE for a whole year. now he gets kicked in the balls before a match.

To be fair, the show/books is titled Game of Thrones, and becoming king.. is the ultimate goal for most factions.. or queen

zychi

Banned
Wm is sunday? Guess ill just youtube punk v taker and team hell no. No way I'm skipping thrones premiere or twd finale.

What a shame too, normally i love wm, but 3 years in a row i barely care about two matches.

Top Bottom