• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shame too. WCW really did have some very cool ideas match wise. I'll never forget the huge Wargames cages they had. Hell I remember that one year they had multiple chambers in the cages too. You had them climbing up the chambers as it went and each one had various weapons, etc.

Their production values when they hit it big were pretty damn good too. Course then Bischoff had to go and spend tons of money on guaranteed deals and bring in all the old WWE guys.

Vince got rid of Zack Ryder's Take Care Spike Your Hair shirt because it had SPIKE on the t-shirt.

ElRenoRaven

Nah. Really, besides World Class, no company in the history of wrestling deserved to go out of business more than WCW.

Oh I won't deny they deserved to go out of business. They ran it like shit post Bischoff taking over. From a business standpoint I honestly couldn't believe how long it lasted. However before that the early years pre Bischoff had some great matches and interesting matches.

Lunchbox

Banned
icfR2G.gif

Oh I won't deny they deserved to go out of business. They ran it like shit post Bischoff. From a business standpoint I honestly couldn't believe how long it lasted. However before that the early years pre Bischoff had some great matches and interesting matches.
Post Bischoff?

The reason why Warner sold it was most likely due to WCW's operating budget due to expensive sets, high salaries, bloated roster, sagging ratings, poor PPV buy rates.
Thanks to Easy E. He achieved his goal of beating McMahon, but like any race, it's a marathon not a sprint. And the load was "blown" 1995-1997.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Punk is in cahoots with The Shield

Shield got beef with 3 guys in the 4 way match which has Punk in it

FORESHADOWING

Sanjuro

Oh I won't deny they deserved to go out of business. They ran it like shit post Bischoff. From a business standpoint I honestly couldn't believe how long it lasted. However before that the early years pre Bischoff had some great matches and interesting matches.

Bischoff was part of the problem. Kiss agrees.

zychi

Banned
Rose tinted glasses? nWo spray painting everyone and hogans cena like never lose reign ? I hated most of wcw until luchas and jericho finally got a little love at the bottom of the card. Nwo got old quick.

Top Bottom