• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Reiko

Banned
13.jpg

Mae Young. Respect. Do your research and see how important she's been to women's wrestling, folks.

mae-young-photoshoot-s9buh.jpg

She was hawt back in the day.

I hope Kaitlyn ages well...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
when Smackdown goes reto in the summer, maybe we'll get the giant fist instead of nothing special like last year

Raw64life

I always love when the Big Show has somebody right he wants them and then intentionally avoids punching them in the head. Why would he not do the knockout punch there?

Dthomp

You never know though. She may be the one insisting to be included in segments because of her love for the business. Same reason King will never retire - he just wants to be a part of the business for life.

I appreciate when guys love the business, but they should also know when it's time to go. I wasn't a big fan of watching Lawler almost die on TV and really don't want to see an almost 90 year old woman collapse either. As much as I appreciate the older generation I wish they would just stay gone. If I never had to see Ric Flair again on TV I could die happy. 9/10 it's just sad and embarrassing seeing them try to get over young guys who can't cut it. Although I think the WWE is to blame on that one sometimes more then the star himself.

I always love when the Big Show has somebody right he wants them and then intentionally avoids punching them in the head. Why would he not do the knockout punch there?

The same reason DDP gave someone a snapmare instead of a Diamond Cutter and Jeff Jarret ever did a Russian Leg Sweep instead of The Stroke: Wrestling.

Alucard

Banned
Fitting considering the show they've watched.

You guys lied to me. You said the road to Wrestlemania is when wrestling is "as good as it gets." Having tuned into Raw tonight for the first time in a while, everything seems the same as ever. :(

(I know I missed an apparently awesome Cena/Punk match last week)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You guys lied to me. You said the road to Wrestlemania is when wrestling is "as good as it gets." Having tuned into Raw tonight for the first time in a while, everything seems the same as ever. :(
who da fuck told you that?

It was fucking fantastic, "Cena Wins LOL" notwithstanding. Easily one of the best matches of the year.

cryptic

Lol watch the lights be off for an ill minute while the undertaker makes his way with the crowd dead in the background sounding like lights off at a funeral.

Who lied to you? They must be brought to justice, it's shit all year long bro.

Honestly, I find the summer is when wrestling gets good, because Vince knows that he's going to lose ratings anyway, so he placates the smarks for a couple of months.

This is actually one of the worst Raw's I can remember

Alucard

Banned
who da fuck told you that?

It was fucking fantastic, "Cena Wins LOL" notwithstanding. Easily one of the best matches of the year.

I decided to take a bit of a break at the end of December, but a couple of posters on here were all "Really? You're quitting during what is probably the hottest/best time of the year? With Rock and Punk about to feud? Wrestling doesn't get any better than this!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing, but I do remember "it doesn't get better than this" being used. :( Maybe wrestling just isn't for me anymore...at least, not the WWE. I dunno.

You bought into the hype that Mae Young was one of the greats, so we thought you'd believe anything...sorry.

I appreciate when guys love the business, but they should also know when it's time to go. I wasn't a big fan of watching Lawler almost die on TV and really don't want to see an almost 90 year old woman collapse either. As much as I appreciate the older generation I wish they would just stay gone. If I never had to see Ric Flair again on TV I could die happy. 9/10 it's just sad and embarrassing seeing them try to get over young guys who can't cut it. Although I think the WWE is to blame on that one sometimes more then the star himself.

Yeah, I agree for the most part. I wouldn't want older wrestlers to needlessly stress themselves in the ring but if it's a harmless non-physical appearance like Mae Young tonight it's not a big deal. She gets a payday and the fans get to clap for her and sing Happy Birthday.

Top Bottom