• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This makes the whole A&8s/Austin Aries attack seem STUPID.

They also interrupted a 3 way title match when Bully was in it

They could say Bully didn't have a 1 on 1 match for the title ever and he waited for the right time....but why the fuck didn't they help Bully win the Hardy/Bully match on Impact when Jeff put his BFG championship shot up...why the fuck did Bully job to A&8s at BFG.

This only explains why A&8s ran like bitches when Bully came out with his super power chain.
The only man in the history of this sport that could run off 8 guys by himself with an international object.

Why the fuck did he have A&8s interrupt the wedding before the I dos but yet he's still married to that bimbo.

I DON'T EVEN

jobber

Arm Breaker dude still needs to be unmasked

Wait

does this mean ROOOOO and Aries are faces now because A&8s screwed them over????

What happens to Matt Morgan because he was trying to attack Bully and Jeff last week...does Matt now fight A&8s

so much bullshit

Toki767

Arm Breaker dude still needs to be unmasked

Wait

does this mean ROOOOO and Aries are faces now because A&8s screwed them over????

What happens to Matt Morgan because he was trying to attack Bully and Jeff last week...does Matt now fight A&8s

so much bullshit

The arm breaker was Doc...or Knoxx/Knucks/Knux whatever his name is.

I did find it funny that after basically squashing all of Aces and Eights 20 minutes earlier, none of Team TNA came down to help out Hardy when it's not like the cage door was locked or anything.

Also in the end their most popular talent lost the title but the whole focus was on the Hogans.

I did laugh when Hebner went to cover Hardy as trash started getting thrown in the ring though.

jobber

The arm breaker was Doc...or Knoxx/Knucks/Knux whatever his name is.

I did find it funny that after basically squashing all of Aces and Eights 20 minutes earlier, none of Team TNA came down to help out Hardy when it's not like the cage door was locked or anything.

Also in the end their most popular talent lost the title but the whole focus was on the Hogans.

I did laugh when Hebner went to cover Hardy as trash started getting thrown in the ring though.

SKkdlbX.jpg

nope

Omega

Banned
This makes the whole A&8s/Austin Aries attack seem STUPID.

They also interrupted a 3 way title match when Bully was in it

They could say Bully didn't have a 1 on 1 match for the title ever and he waited for the right time....but why the fuck didn't they help Bully win the Hardy/Bully match on Impact when Jeff put his BFG championship shot up...why the fuck did Bully job to A&8s at BFG.

This only explains why A&8s ran like bitches when Bully came out with his super power chain.
The only man in the history of this sport that could run off 8 guys by himself with an international object.

Why the fuck did he have A&8s interrupt the wedding before the I dos but yet he's still married to that bimbo.

I DON'T EVEN
don't try to make sense of TNA. you'll only end up giving yourself a headache

Bunch of old Wrasslin' pictures;

iboHSK9bIgM1eQ.jpg

iiM60B0AtBZCg.gif

ibg3LQgLEIdjyD.jpg

Now THAT's a wrasslin' poster;

i2XUUh0w5S0Y2.jpg

ibp8mlnWizlXkh.jpg

iDMOv3fFOLxNR.jpg

iTzJxSOT75shc.jpg

MexiCools!

iFXHqTkECehC5.jpg

ibbCOBfwljBSUU.jpg

ibcP54Jrb9wjoe.jpg

I had such a big thing about Sherri Martel back in the day, so here's a picture of her wearing Ric Flair's robe, and little else;

igQRkQTZsXcB5.jpg

iqx8r2tkWOyhj.jpg

strabago should do wrestling society x..

I'd gladly do that - WSX may have been extremely dumb, but I kinda enjoyed it.

Strobogo should clearly do XPW, as that's where the lulz/manic depression lays.

*high five*

Wow, Kenny King really crashed and burned last night, goddamn;

ic2df9jbemOWJ.gif

Lol, I always like these ridiculous multi-man, corner powerbomb spots TNA's so fond of;

iKGsxzjDLLjWi.gif

strobogo

Banned
You know what, fuck it, I think I'm going to Raw tonight.

Maybe, if Ticketmaster's site didn't go down as I was about to order tickets. A sign, maybe?

Aiii

So not worth it

Maybe, if Ticketmaster's site didn't go down as I was about to order tickets. A sign, maybe?

By all accounts, tonights Raw should be pretty good, in any case you'll be seeing Brock, Taker and the legend Triple H defending the honor of "Pops."

Hopefully you'll also get to pay tribute to Bearer, I'll be dissapointed if all they do is the video package.

Bootaay- I have to agree with you on Martel. She had a beautiful body, played an awesome heel manager, and great wrestler. Her stint with Macho Man was awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never did like Sherri too much - but I definitely appreciated her. She never pushed my buttons though.

Woman, on the other hand...

McNei1y

Did Batista ever do a turnbuckle version of the Batista Bomb? I just watched a tribute video and couldn't find one. Anyway, I want Batista back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Batista ever do a turnbuckle version of the Batista Bomb? I just watched a tribute video and couldn't find one. Anyway, I want Batista back.

Don't think so. If he did it would have had to have been during his Smackdown run in the mid 2000s, because it definitely didn't happen after he came back in 09.

strobogo

Banned
Lol, Ticketmaster is trying to get me to not buy tickets. I forgot how awful their website is. I looked at Stubhub and a few other places and the same section are twice as much. Pass on that. If the site isn't back up with in an hour, Raw can suck it.

strobogo

Banned
Only took me an hour to buy a ticket, but I'll be heading to Raw tonight. First live show in a little over 10 years. Ticketmaster is ridiculous, though. Their "convenience" fee was over 50% of the price of the actual ticket, and that's without the taxes being added in on top of it. A $20 seat ends up being $38 after fees and taxes.

Ticketmaster has to do something about their site. It constantly times out. Every step of the way times out. Not the actual timer that makes you have to go as fast as possible, but the website just timing out. It's terrible.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA had a few fans planted in the crowd at last night's Lockdown pay-per-view to begin throwing trash at Aces & 8s after the Bully Ray heel turn. The feeling was once their plants started throwing trash, the rest of the crowd would follow and they did.

I AM LEGIT SHOOK YOU GUYS!

strobogo

Banned
wcw2001.tumblr.com

WCW Monday Nitro 3/19/2001

It's official: Bischoff's deal fell through because Time Warner was canceling WCW effective March 27th. This is the last full week of operation for WCW. Let's keep in mind that everyone realized they were getting fired in a week. Either guys were going to phone it in hardcore or they were going to work really hard in hopes they'd go to the WWF soon.

The show starts out with a tribute to DDP's career, which is Taps playing over images of an American flag superimposed over a trailer park. Lol.

Scott Steiner, Animal, YAK, and Ric come to the ring. We're also going to get a live call from Eric Bischoff tonight. Scott was just saving DDP for last. Flair says that he and Jarrett beat the Rhodes Family. Dustin and Dusty show up on the Nitro Vision. Flair will be kissing some ass tonight.

rjyg.gif

Steiner wants Dusty to come to the ring. Instead, Booker T. comes out. "The Man" told Booker to tell Steiner to be in the ring in an hour.

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE. DDP being taken out of Greed was shown.

TO THE BUFF CAM. Buff and Animal watch the tape from last night, but it didn't catch who laid Buff out. They need to figure it out TODAY. I hope this isn't revealed OR is revealed to be Mean Gene, pissed that he doesn't get to do interviews anymore. They want the camera man to follow Lex all night.

Jason Jett vs Disco

Disco and Alex broke up on Thunder, and Mike Sanders filled in. Now they're best bros. It works, because they both look like douche bags and are pretty average in the ring.
Sitout powerbomb from EZ, but then Sanders gets involved. EZ's tights say Skyfire, which was his pre-ECW name. Tony says it is because he likes to do high flying moves. He really doesn't, but he couldn't afford to get new tights made that didn't have EZ Money on them. He had crazy height on his handspring elbow, though.

rjz7.gif

Jett wins with the Crash Landing. He's on a roll! 3-0. He's the next Goldberg.

They hype Bischoff's major announcement, but it's not major enough for him to actually be there in person for it.

TO THE BUFF CAM. Camera man was looking for Lex, but saw Jeff and Ric arguing.

Shane Helms vs Kidman WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Shane offers Kidman a title shot that he deserved for getting taken out of the match at Superbrawl and pinning Chavo. Shane needed to beat Kidman to feel like he was a legitimate champion. Shane hits a big plancha and cross body. Holy shit, KIDMAN CAN'T POWERBOMB SHANE. What a SWERVE. Tony says next week is the "season finale" of Nitro. What he meant was "series finale".

Shane wins with a Vertebreaker that looked really gross, but I couldn't really see Kidman's head. The crowd gasped at it, though. Chavo attacks after the match. Elix and Romeo help. Kidman makes a save. This was too short.

rk34.gif

TO THE BUFF CAM. Camera man finds Lex down and out.

TO THE BACK. Bam Bam is pissed about losing last night. He gets a rematch tonight. Bam Bam called Stasiak "Mega Man".

TO THE BUFF CAM. Animal and Buff check on Lex. Animal is sick of this shit. They think it might be Rick.

The Mecca of Manhood Shawn "The Star" Stasiak vs Bam Bam Big Yellow

Stacy comes out and won't dance. MOMSS. No one wanted to see this on Greed, so I don't know why they thought anyone would want to see it again. Bam Bam wins with the Greetings from Asbury Park. Meat will put anything on the line for a rematch. Bam Bam agrees and if he wins, he'll get to tattoo Shawn. He could have picked a night with Stacy or something, but he wants to tattoo Stasiak instead.

Scott Steiner and Booker T come to the ring. It appears we have a contract signing. The Red Rooster is also in the ring. Eric Bischoff makes his phone call sounding about as sad as a man can sound. This is so awkward. The crowd is completely silent, the wrestlers look bummed, and Eric is talking about how he tried to buy WCW and things haven't fallen through, and that next week's Nitro will be the last wrestling show on the Turner networks, and probably the last Nitro ever. Because of this, he's making next week's Nitro a Night of Champions, starting with Steiner vs Booker in a double title match. He also invites any former champion to come to the show. Ric Flair will also be kissing ass tonight.

Bischoff can't order him around. He just said he couldn't get the deal done, so he has no power. Steiner hits Booker in the knee with his pipe and then takes out a never ending line of security. He even chokeslams one through the table. Book makes a comeback, but Steiner bails before he can get hit with his own pipe. This whole thing was weird. Eric sounded so defeated. It was actually kind of hard to listen to. Not that he was breaking up or anything, but his soul sounded crushed. Even weirder was the crowd being completely silent. It was like a death announcement or something. I guess it was, actually.

TO THE BUFF CAM. Buff talks to Jeff and Ric. He and Animal are convinced that Rick is the culprit.

Kanyon vs SMOOV

I can't believe that WCW was about to do die, and they thought SMOOV the limo driver vs anyone was a good idea. Also, pushing Kanyon as the bad ass monster? Come on. I love Kanyon, but it's impossible to take him seriously as some hard ass. Maybe as Mortis and the first 6 months after, but after the Triad, Champag ne, and Positively Kanyon? Not a chance. That's playing against his strengths. Animals DDTs SMOOV. Cat comes out to make the save, but was too late. Cat makes a challenge for Cat/SMOOV vs Kanyon/Animal on Thunder.

TO THE BACK. Dustin gets more burritos for Dusty.

Rick Steiner vs Konnan

What the fuck, WCW. Why are you booking such a shitty show when you know this is one of your last? This feels like it lasted forever. Shane Douglas shows up to hit Rick with his cast, but he did it right in front of the ref, so the match is thrown out. Hugh comes out and saves Konnan after the match.

TO THE BUFF CAM. Animal, Lex, and Buff confront Rick about all the attacks. Rick is goign to change and he wants them out of his room.

TO THE BACK
. Team Canada have a non-title match tonight. They're going to win the titles next.

TO THE BUFF CAM. Jeff and Ric are still freaking out about kissing ass.

Team Canada vs Palumbo/O'Haire

Lance and Chuck start out with some SMOOV moves, but Lance doesn't want any of O'Haire. Awesome comes in and gets kicked in the dome. There are some stiff shots in this. A lot of action, but not moves, per-say. Lance eats a superkick Van Daminator. Mike crushed a chair on the back of Chuck's head. It was gross. Awesome Bomb on Chuck for the win. Team Canada should get their title shot next week on Nitro.

rk3h.gif

Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett come to the ring. Ric is a man of his word and will be making the right decision as CEO. He calls Dusty and his big white ass out. Dustin comes out. Dusty brings out his donkey with "Dusty's Ass" written on the ass.

Those burritos? The donkey ate them all. That's probably animal abuse, isn't it? Ric can't do it and wants Jeff to kiss the ass's ass. Ric and Jeff get into a fight only to SWERVE everyone and attack Dustin. Dusty gets in the ring and gives some elbows before getting hit in the balls. Flair and Jeff get their faces shoved in the ass' ass.

This definitely fell into the "We're getting canceled? Fuck it, just throw some shit out there, I need a nap" category. WCW not even trying to go out on a high note.

Check stubhub and compare. I got $50 seats for $25 the other week for Smackdown

Edit: ignore me! Just saw your update

strobogo

Banned
Check stubhub and compare. I got $50 seats for $25 the other week for Smackdown

Edit: ignore me! Just saw your update

I could buy two tickets for about $40 a piece and only together from Stub Hub. There were still a few floor seats for like $500 there, but fuck that. The suites are really the best place to watch a wrestling show at Conseco.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Nitro spring break shows were a unique atmosphere and I wish WWE would bring that back.

Yeah, I liked those too. Plus you could always do something with the outdoors that you couldn't inside. i.e. Sting via helicopter, people thrown in pools.

Penguin

The Nitro spring break shows were a unique atmosphere and I wish WWE would bring that back.

I think WCW did a lot of interesting things.

Spring Breakout Nitros
Hog Wild.. yes the bikers were annoying but it was cool
I believe one year Bash at the Beach was actually at a beach

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky for NeoGAF, they asked who would win in a fist fight between Bish and Evilore.

We have MMA footage for this dream match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has the GWF sold out from the indie depts of WrassleGAF?

You dissapoint me Sun.

We sold nothin. We just are sitting on valuable archival footage.

Will it happen? No. The Four Kings are DONE.

Next episode - will Laserfrog try to get back in the good graces of those he left behind? Did Big Show manage to save all the GWF roster that the lesser mods were out to kill?

FIND OUT

TBA (not this week)

Taker should come out tonight, put the Urn in the middle of the ring to pay respect to Paul Bearer - then Punk should come out a kick it...

....or is that too much?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taker should come out tonight, put the Urn in the middle of the ring to pay respect to Paul Bearer - then Punk should come out a kick it...

....or is that too much?

Depends. There's some people that passed on that would want that, would want someone to use it to get nuclear heat. But it depends on the person, and I didn't know him. :|

Personally I think it's too much but that also means it's working.

Kaladin

For any interested parties, that El Generico unmasked video should be up at Dailymotion in about 2 hours under the name of Rami Sebei and Kassius Ohno vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (NXT Live 03-08-2013).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For any interested parties, that El Generico unmasked video should be up at Dailymotion in about 2 hours under the name of Rami Sebei and Kassius Ohno vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (NXT Live 03-08-2013).

some muppets from /wooo ripped your vid as soon as it hit youtube, I got a friend who frequents that place and was like OMG I GOT THIS UNMASKED GENERICO VID AND NOW ITS GONE

I was like shit I know where you got it. So those of you who frequent /wooo - sup. We're all pals.

Top Bottom