• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jred2k

Wow, you guys are really insensitive. Her husband just double-crossed her and her father by joining a motorcycle gang, and you're making fun? Obviously you've never had to deal with a relationship SWERVE before.

krae_man

They've got 4 weeks to build something that could possibly be compelling. What we have now is a match where Punk is widely expected to lose and the greatest mystery is whether Taker will even be able to put in a respectable performance or whether he'll look like an old man in the ring.

All of this is relatively boring... and a bunch of pontificating by Punk over streaks and respect won't change that. In fact, that would be awfully tired. Having him get personal by taking shots at Bearer, McCool, Taker wrestling once a year, "wear a suit" and anything else he deems worthy of pipebombing is perfectly fine by me.

Punk will probably make fun of Paul for cheap heat, call Taker Mean Mark Callous for a smarky reference and that'a about it.

This match will be terrible no matter what since it's basically a "Shit these guys need a mania match" last second decision.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow, you guys are really insensitive. Her husband just double-crossed her and her father by joining a motorcycle gang, and you're making fun? Obviously you've never had to deal with a relationship SWERVE before.

She married a Bully for fucks sake. That's like marying Chris Brown and complaining the makeup doesn't properly cover up your permanent black eye.

Kaladin

482412_10151405417151026_695075867_n.png

The build doesn't matter. Whether the match is good or not depends entirely on two things; whether Taker can still go at a WrestleMania level in his present state and on how much he's willing to give Punk, regardless of the outcome. Taker can win this and still do his part to make Punk look AWESOME...if he wants to.

Of course, the Punk fan in me would be very happy to see Taker put over Punk - I've always been of the opinion that the streak should be ultimately used to put someone over when they break it and Punk is, realistically, the only guy that could maybe pull it off without raising the long-term ire of the fans in the wrong way. Also, that would totally off-set the negativity surrounding the obvious outcome of Rock vs Cena II.

bangai-o

Banned
There is no way Punk is kicking Taker's urn. Holy crap though, imagining it, it would be HUGE. Still not happening though.

why would he kick it? couldnt he just steal and gain the powers? it seems like the obvious solution to ending the streak. Kane was defeating Undertaker all day everyday when he took the urn a few years back. Taker was left powerless without Lightning, Darkness, and Teleportation.

edit

we should do Wrestlemania theme avatars.

jred2k

That is a powerful snapshot of our time and history. One day that photo will be revered like the picture of the self-immolating monk.

strobogo

Banned
If it were feasible, I'd totally do a live Nitro styled recap of Raw tonight. I'll do it in my head, though. I'll be so sad if there aren't any SWERVES tonight.

Watching some NOAH from last month, it's crazy how much The Bravado Brothers have improved since their extended stay in Japan and that NOAH is giving them more of a chance than ROH, the promotion that trained them. I'd say that they're looking like the best graduates of the ROH dojo, given that all of Punk's students flaked out (except for Grizzly Redwood), the only student of note Aries trained was Rhett Titus and The Bravado's are definitely the best of those trained by Delirious. Lance in particular looked good in his biggest singles match to date against Jr. Heavyweight champion Taiji Ishimori. Also, Ishimori hit a 450 Shadows Over Hell - I don't know if it was a nod to Delirious, but either way I thought it was pretty cool;

ifLkqZluFmeQ5.gif

jred2k

That gif is slowed down so we can all see the surprise on Natalya's face at the fact she actually gets to be in a match with real moves. When she saw her name on the schedule she figured she'd just be dancing for a bit then get into a pillow fight.

Aiii

So not worth it
That SMS match was pretty great. Why these two are not feuding over a woman's title at WM, only Vince knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cutting weight and taking in no sugars still, and you fuckers badmouth Samoas? The ghost of Umaga is gonna come feed you at night.

I'm cutting weight and taking in no sugars still, and you fuckers badmouth Samoas? The ghost of Umaga is gonna come feed you at night.

cutting weight is for scrubs.

acquire mass fuckers.

TACO BELL.

Seriously though I'm going to try to start my cut next month. Three months to lean out. USA! USA! USA!

Aiii

So not worth it
- William "Paul Bearer" Moody's sons Michael and Daniel are in Indianapolis and will be attending tonight's RAW. There is no word yet if they will appear on camera or if they are just visiting with the WWE staff.

acquire mass fuckers.

TACO BELL.

Seriously though I'm going to try to start my cut next month. Three months to lean out. USA! USA! USA!

I think I'm about to start gaining weight. I've finally caved in and realized that I can't gain weight and stay cut at the same time. Fuck.

I've wasted many many months trying to do this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

acquire mass fuckers.

TACO BELL.

Eat a butt, I acquired mass for decades

Then I got dipped in fat

Let me tell you what I miss on this cut

I miss the fuck out of nachos. Oh god damn I miss you nachos. Loaded high with BULLSHIT.
I miss the hell out of you, Taco Bell. You were cheap eating
Fuckin pizza? I miss you. Oh, man, I miss pizza and milk. Godlike combo. I miss you.
I miss you cookies
I miss you all sorts of food for fatties.

Top Bottom