• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Kaladin

some muppets from /wooo ripped your vid as soon as it hit youtube, I got a friend who frequents that place and was like OMG I GOT THIS UNMASKED GENERICO VID AND NOW ITS GONE

I was like shit I know where you got it. So those of you who frequent /wooo - sup. We're all pals.

I was hoping someone would grab it and re-up it to youtube. It's not going there again from me because I like my youtube account. It's where I post all of my concert videos.....and most of the artists I film actually appreciate it.

WWE took that video down faster than they remove bootleg copies of Raw and Smackdown. But it got viewed by 5x more people than saw it live while it was up.

I'm honestly glad TNA got people to throw stuff. Compare that to the wwe where they make venues keep the caps from bottled drinks its nice to see a little anarchy promoted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wounldnt mind punk doing something like that. would get him hydrogen bomb heat to boot.

The more I think about it the bigger it'd be. Taker would represent all his character's ever been, and the end of an era. Punk would symbolize newer, more REAL talent as compared to a character, and they could really go nuts. But I don't think he should...I dunno. Those that knew Bearer are better judges than I.

Depends. There's some people that passed on that would want that, would want someone to use it to get nuclear heat. But it depends on the person, and I didn't know him. :|

Personally I think it's too much but that also means it's working.

With all respect to Paul Bearer, the Taker/Punk story has nothing to it right now.

Punk getting Taker to get emotional with something like that would be something very unique (as Taker's whole persona is built on him been the one to get under people's skin)- and would give the feud everything it needs to be Mania caliber.

It might be too much too early though. Although I really think the feud could use something like this - if relations gave their blessing for such a usage

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm honestly glad TNA got people to throw stuff. Compare that to the wwe where they make venues keep the caps from bottled drinks its nice to see a little anarchy promoted.

I don't mind it that much, but they so desperately want this to be like the nWo it's just ends up being soooo sad in comparison.

Omega

Banned
they shouldn't bring in paul bearer.

if this match needs to bring him in it only proves this waste of 30 minutes shouldn't even be on the WM card. they had a few ways to set this up without looking forced and they blew it. no cop outs

20130308_EP_LIGHT_BrockPreview_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Enfinit

Got around to watching Punk's DVD last night. Makes me appreciate and enjoy the guy even more.

I actually want him to break the streak at WM.

jmdajr

With all respect to Paul Bearer, the Taker/Punk story has nothing to it right now.

Punk getting Taker to get emotional with something like that would be something very unique (as Taker's whole persona is built on him been the one to get under people's skin)- and would give the feud everything it needs to be Mania caliber.

It might be too much too early though. Although I really think the feud could use something like this - if relations gave their blessing for such a usage

I think it can be done tastefully. You're not bashing Paul, your bashing Taker for being an emotional wreck, or "losing his power." Or something along the lines as..

"You would be nothing without Paul, and now he's gone!!!!!!"

Anth0ny

wow, Rock is going to be appearing after mania?

maaaaaaaaybe he won't drop the belt at mania, then. they'll wait for the next ppv.

they have to be aware of the possibility that fucking wrestlemania could go off the air with their new champion and top guy getting booed out of the building.

maybe cena can win it at extreme rules. less people would see, but there would definitely be less hardcore, smart fans in attendance.

and yes, I think Punk is going to use Bearer to generate heat. maybe not tonight, but during the build for sure. Hopefully it's done tastefully.

Would be cool if Taker broke keyfade for 5 seconds to pay a tribute to Bearer.

Taker should do something though. Have him walk out with the urn and do his kneel pose with it one more time or something. And yeah. Keep it away from the storyline.

jmdajr

Would be cool if Taker broke keyfade for 5 seconds to pay a tribute to Bearer.

Taker should do something though. Have him walk out with the urn and do his kneel pose with it one more time or something. And yeah. Keep it away from the storyline.

I don't see how you can completely keep it away from the storyline. I mean, his manager died. You just can't completely go Chris Benoit on Paul Bearer.
Will they call the Wrestlemania match and not even mention Paul Bearer's name? Seems so unlikely.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They haven't even started the Taker vs Punk feud and you complain they already blew it? Jesus.

Considering the fact that there's less than a month left before Wrestlemania, wouldn't the fact that they "haven't even started" the Taker vs. Punk feud by default mean they're blowing it?

Kccitystar

Would be cool if Taker broke kayfabe for 5 seconds to pay a tribute to Bearer.

Would be nice, but Taker takes his character/persona completely seriously to break character.

Alucard

Banned
As far as I go, I'm not saying that at all.This probably has the potential to be the best feud going in.

edit; new undertaker gear!

shop

edit edit:

wow!

W04867.jpg

I...kind of want that. Nobody flipped a nightstick like him. Nobody. Great promos. Why don't we see more pre-recorded promos like that anymore? Guys could actually take the time to script something and to make it memorable and pop. Jack Swagger and that southern guy did one that was really great.

I don't see how you can completely keep it away from the storyline. I mean, his manager died. You just can't completely go Chris Benoit on Paul Bearer.
Will they call the Wrestlemania match and not even mention Paul Bearer's name? Seems so unlikely.

They can keep it away from the storyline pretty easy. But they should do something like open RAW with Taker walking down to the ring and leaving the Urn in the middle of the ring. Saying "thanks paul" and then go into the sad music video "in memory of..." package.

Then continue RAW like normal.

strobogo

Banned
Boss Man after his face turn until heading back to WCW was so awesome. His coke diet worked out well for him for awhile. Even after his WCW return, he had some good stuff against Rick Rude and Vader. And he was THE best heel of the Attitude Era. Combining 1989 and 1999 Boss Man would be the greatest complete package of all time.

It sucks that Generico is going to be unmasked ... but on the plus side, they can always put him back under the mask if they feel they need to.

I'd had some hope they'd just give him a new name and let him do what he does best (a la Punk, Cesaro, Ohno), but guess not. :-\

somedevil

They threw stuff because TNA got plants to start throwing stuff to get everyone else to do it.

TNA had a few fans planted in the crowd at last night's Lockdown pay-per-view to begin throwing trash at Aces & 8s after the Bully Ray heel turn. The feeling was once their plants started throwing trash, the rest of the crowd would follow and they did.

This was all planned by TNA so this is not WCW.

They threw stuff because TNA got plants to start throwing stuff to get everyone else to do it.

This was all planned by TNA so this is not WCW.
That's what I was saying but I guess I could have worded it differently. I'm glad they planted people to do it. I'm glad they encouraged people to join in this reaction. I don't care if it was staged. I'd rather that then crowd full crowd suppression seen at wwe events.

Kaladin

For any interested parties, that El Generico unmasked video should be up at Dailymotion in about 2 hours under the name of Rami Sebei and Kassius Ohno vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (NXT Live 03-08-2013).

Sorry guys, I fucked up and closed the window, re-starting the upload now....should be two hours.

Pavaloo

I don't see it happening.

not totally related...

Man, his interruption of Mae Young's Birthday was incredible.

Yeah it was really fantastic. The way his slipped through everyone too like they were slow pedestrians at the mall. So great. The "what are you going to do about it woman?" was the icing on the cake.

radcliff

Would be nice, but Taker takes his character/persona completely seriously to break character.

Undertaker once delivered a pizza to Leslie Neilson (who himslef was was looking for the Undertaker) while saying "piiiizaaaaaa" in a low montone voice. I think, given the circumstances, an exception can be made again.

somedevil

TNA locker room morale is in rough shape as a result of the company's policy regarding the pay for the majority of wrestlers via the new television taping structure. With TNA running one live show and taping a second show every other Thursday, the majority of the talent will only be paid for a single appearance regardless of whether they work more than once each night. Thus, these wrestlers will be losing money compared to when Impact was taped on a weekly basis.

Powell's POV: This was discussed weeks ago in the member exclusive Dot Net Weekly audio show and has continued to become a major source of frustration in the locker room. One source estimated that this will affect roughly 80 percent of the talent in TNA, and added that wrestlers are anxious for their contracts to expire so they can negotiate to change the wording in their contracts. Technically, TNA is within their legal rights to play hardball on this point due to the wording of the contracts, but it does seem unfair that most talent will end up losing money even if they work more than once in the same night.

Thats just bullshit right there and some workers only get paid per appearance. They should just pay them twice if they work both shows on the same night. I wonder if Roode got this in his contract when TNA forgot to pick up his option.

jmdajr

Thats just bullshit right there and some workers only get paid per appearance. They should just pay them twice if they work both shows on the same night. I wonder if Roode got this in his contract when TNA forgot to pick up his option.

Well Bret Hart did say the drop off from WWE to TNA was 1st string to 3rd string. No 2nd level exists.

It's a shame really.

jmdajr

WWE Summerslam will once again be live in Los Angeles in 2013. The tickets will go on sale for the event from the Staples center on March 23rd at 10AM.

Would it hurt to come to Texas or something :(

Oh well..

UberTag

They've got 4 weeks to build something that could possibly be compelling. What we have now is a match where Punk is widely expected to lose and the greatest mystery is whether Taker will even be able to put in a respectable performance or whether he'll look like an old man in the ring.

All of this is relatively boring... and a bunch of pontificating by Punk over streaks and respect won't change that. In fact, that would be awfully tired. Having him get personal by taking shots at Bearer, McCool, Taker wrestling once a year, "wear a suit" and anything else he deems worthy of pipebombing is perfectly fine by me.

strobogo

Banned
Hilariously enough, this was also an issue that came up when WCW started doing dual tapings. Some guys weren't getting paid for both shows and other guys were mad they weren't getting paid for both even if they weren't booked on both.

Top Bottom