• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

I'm actually pretty interested in Raw tonight. The one where they actually try to build a story for all the big matches.

Anyway I have a question. Do you guys think a show is hurt by it's predictability? Or do you not care as long as the matches are great. Because as it looks like right now:

Triple H wins
Cena wins (lol)
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

I mean that's basically all the big matches unless I'm forgetting one. I find it hard to believe anything would happen differently. Not sure whether that bugs me or not. I mean I knew Cena would beat Punk on Raw but that match was still good for 95% of it.

bangai-o

Banned
I'm actually pretty interested in Raw tonight. The one where they actually try to build a story for all the big matches.

Anyway I have a question. Do you guys think a show is hurt by it's predictability? Or do you not care as long as the matches are great. Because as it looks like right now:

Triple H wins
Cena wins (lol)
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

I mean that's basically all the big matches unless I'm forgetting one. I find it hard to believe anything would happen differently. Not sure whether that bugs me or not. I mean I knew Cena would beat Punk on Raw but that match was still good for 95% of it.

yes. Wrestlemania is the show where all the faces win right? so all the little jimmies can go home happy? i doubt Rock x Cena/ Punk x Taker are going to put on a technical showcase, while Triple H will slow down the match to meet his old man pace.

Kaladin

I'd say Wrestlemania turning into a legends showcase rather than a show that makes legends hurts the PPV more than the predictability of it. It's time for most of the wrestlers in main event matches to either get serious about wrestling again or retire already.

I'd say Wrestlemania turning into a legends showcase rather than a show that makes legends hurts the PPV more than the predictability of it. It's time for most of the wrestlers in main event matches to either get serious about wrestling again or retire already.

Good point. WM has always made new champions and used to push guys. Gone are those days too.

What if Punk beat taker, Ziggler leaves champion, and the young up and comer the rock defeats the unstoppable john cener?

Ziggler is going to cash in the Money In The Bank in the Main Event making it a 3 way.

Ziggler wins clean with no help from AJ or Big E.

NEW CHAMPION.

Then it would come off as knee jerk booking to get a reaction out of fans and it would fly in the face of everything they've been doing ever.
see that's the thing. We have 2 possibilities, utter predictability or swerve for the sake of swerve.

edit: just checked mma thread, lots of bans (some looking like permas?), scary times over there!

somedevil

see that's the thing. We have 2 possibilities, utter predictability or swerve for the sake of swerve.

Predictable is fine with me if the match is great and the booking goes well. The whole Undertaker thing here is hilarious he is draw and people come to see his matches not the result.

Everyone loved his career vs streak with shawn michaels and that was hella of alot more predictable than him vs Punk. He is not going to lose and thats fine with me.

Omega

Banned

Triple H wins
Cena wins (lol)
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

the matches are what matters. its just too bad these most likely won't even be good. Rock cant wrestle anymore and Cena is Cena. Taker needed a year to let WWE know if he was going to wrestle. Every HHH match is mediocre and as much as i like Ziggler who even cares anymore. he's the white Kofi and his title run will be shorter than Kane's

sorry if my post is too negative for you Aiiii, but fuck predictable outcomes with people who shouldn't even be wrestling anymore

RIP Plywood

idsabqqkazx4h1eygi.gif

Pavaloo

There you go, we got this. If you're pretty lethargic after work and don't really LOVE going to the gym, I definitely recommend looking into a ketogenic diet - it's the best for sedentary people and you can get what's called Ketostix to see if it's working. I shed about 10 lbs my first week due to a lot of water weight and more, and it works very quickly. Read up on it, see if it's something you want.

I too know that "I'll let my food SIT until I find the right goddamn...show...to watch...where is the...fucking hell"

Then you take a bite and have something in your hand and the buffering appears and you get frustrated because your internet went out BUT GODDAMMIT MY HAND HAS FOOD IN IT and such. Yep...

Thanks Sun definitely going to look into Ketogenic diets. Thankfully I have my gear at home so I just kick my ass out of bed in the morning and make sure to lift first thing. Usually never skip out of lifting that way, but today being Monday I let myself sleep in so I could lift and watch raw. :lol Taking the first bite and having the show buffer is so purpose defeating, always hated it.

Aiii

So not worth it
the matches are what matters. its just too bad these most likely won't even be good. Rock cant wrestle anymore and Cena is Cena. Taker needed a year to let WWE know if he was going to wrestle. Every HHH match is mediocre and as much as i like Ziggler who even cares anymore. he's the white Kofi and his title run will be shorter than Kane's

sorry if my post is too negative for you Aiiii, but fuck predictable outcomes with people who shouldn't even be wrestling anymore

To each his own mate, but if I was you I wouldn't be watching if you already know beforehand you're going to hate it.

Seems rather pointless to get so worked up about it, why put yourself through that if you feel that way?

I knew all this fitness talk would be nothing but trouble. I place the blame entirely on Sunflower. ENTIRELY. BOO HIM. BOO HIM OUT OF THE THREAD.

BOOOOOOOOO

Triple H wins
Cena wins (lol)
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

It definitely detracts from it because you know when Punk hits a big move and goes for the pin attempt Takers kicking out. The finish will be visible a mile away. It was the same for the Punk vs Cena match that happened a couple of weeks ago, it was a great match but nobody cared during it cause you KNEW punk wasn't gonna win. Predictability kills the match cause you can't really get into it. Whats worse is all the mania matches are predictable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I knew all this fitness talk would be nothing but trouble. I place the blame entirely on Sunflower. ENTIRELY. BOO HIM. BOO HIM OUT OF THE THREAD.

BOOOOOOOOO

Don't boo me! I'm the man who organized Fight of Fighters 2012!

The only thing I can tell from that MMA thread is that someone who runs the site was butthurt about something? I really don't know. Something to do with fighting over a thousand fights?

McNei1y

Triple H wins
Cena wins (lol)
Taker wins
Ziggler cashes in

IMO it hurts a lot when you can tell who's going to win and such but I still hope the matches will be great. That's a big reason why I dislike Cena. We know what will happen (usually) in his matches and we know that he puts on a good match once every 3 months or something.

Don't boo me! I'm the man who organized Fight of Fighters 2012!

The only thing I can tell from that MMA thread is that someone who runs the site was butthurt about something? I really don't know. Something to do with fighting over a thousand fights?

They were making fun of a poster in the fitness thread who was morbidly obese who then lost a lot of weight and then is slowly starting to bulk up again. He posted his before and after pics and they proceeded to ridicule him because his after pic is still "fat" even though he was planning on cutting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They were making fun of a poster in the fitness thread who was morbidly obese who then lost a lot of weight and then is slowly starting to bulk up again. He posted his before and after pics and they proceeded to ridicule him because his after pic is still "fat" even though he was planning on cutting.

Oh. :( That really sucks. Guess y'all gotta slum it in here with us grapplin' fans, where we go with showmanship over talent :|

War Diaz

Entropia

No One Remembers

Wow, that's not fucking cool. :\

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

That's fucked. I support these bannings.

That's an extremely poor summation you're going off of.

It sounds dickish, but the guy maintained he dieted and "ate clean" for three months, when he clearly did not.

Just because you "eat clean" for 3 months doesn't mean you will lose fat, especially eating at a surplus, which is what he was doing. His diet consisted of eating above maintenance.

His goal was to go from skinny fat to bulky to cut/lean to get in proper shape for his wedding.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's an extremely poor summation you're going off of.

It sounds dickish, but the guy maintained he dieted and "ate clean" for three months, when he clearly did not.

I'm gettin the fuck outta here before someone gets hit, me included

snooki-run.gif

Godspeed wrasslin and MMA pals

Top Bottom