• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what is your cut strategy?

Majority fats and protein, next to zero carbs sun-fri. Sat I load up, but NO SUGARS. Absolutely zero sugar in my life. It's pretty close to just plain ketogenic diet, but the almost-day of carbs gives me fuel enough to retain more muscle than if I had without. Doing DDP Yoga every other day just because it makes me feel better.

Man, I remember thinking cutting would be easy. How wrong I was.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, it is. It really is. You just need to kick whatever addiction you have to bad food - treat it like an addiction. You're gonna get pangs. You're gonna have moments where you're ready to kill six babies so you can get your hands on a burrito. But you don't do it. All you have to do is NOT eat shit.

Entropia

No One Remembers
cutting weight is for scrubs.

acquire mass fuckers.

TACO BELL.

Seriously though I'm going to try to start my cut next month. Three months to lean out. USA! USA! USA!

Skinny.
Fat.
Ass.

:p

I actually hate that I can't really discipline myself to diet. I mean, for the most part I've been good, but fuck it sucks when it's like "Oh I can't have XYZ because it has too many carbs" or some shit like that. I want to lose like 15-20 lbs, and I did it last year but I'm finding it hard to keep myself on track

Pavaloo

Majority fats and protein, next to zero carbs sun-fri. Sat I load up, but NO SUGARS. Absolutely zero sugar in my life. It's pretty close to just plain ketogenic diet, but the almost-day of carbs gives me fuel enough to retain more muscle than if I had without. Doing DDP Yoga every other day just because it makes me feel better.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, it is. It really is. You just need to kick whatever addiction you have to bad food - treat it like an addiction. You're gonna get pangs. You're gonna have moments where you're ready to kill six babies so you can get your hands on a burrito. But you don't do it. All you have to do is NOT eat shit.

I do well when I'm at home or out somewhere, but here at work when a candy stand is literally steps away I have the hardest time not "rewarding" myself with a chocolate bar. Always feel like shit afterwards, never learn. Still trying though, mind over matter right.

I think I'm about to start gaining weight. I've finally caved in and realized that I can't gain weight and stay cut at the same time. Fuck.

I've wasted many many months trying to do this.

You can, but it is a slow process. I am a firm believer in that you should focus on one or the other.

Eat a butt, I acquired mass for decades

Then I got dipped in fat

Let me tell you what I miss on this cut

I miss the fuck out of nachos. Oh god damn I miss you nachos. Loaded high with BULLSHIT.
I miss the hell out of you, Taco Bell. You were cheap eating
Fuckin pizza? I miss you. Oh, man, I miss pizza and milk. Godlike combo. I miss you.
I miss you cookies
I miss you all sorts of food for fatties.

pizza and milk? One or the other plz.

I won't ever give up milk or rice. I love them too much. If it fits within my macros, I eat them. So I just have to make room for them in my diet.

So what is your cut strategy?

Less carbs, more fats and proteins. Still eat a decent amount of carbs though. Rice and pasta mostly.

Man, I remember thinking cutting would be easy. How wrong I was.

As Sunflower was saying, it is easy because it is straightfoward. Just eat less. Executing it is a lot harder. I use Sundays as my cheat day but even then, I don't go crazy. Just enough to keep me sane.

HIT ME AGAIN.

Skinny.
Fat.
Ass.

wooooooooooooooooooooo

SO STRONG.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do well when I'm at home or out somewhere, but here at work when a candy stand is literally steps away I have the hardest time not "rewarding" myself with a chocolate bar. Always feel like shit afterwards, never learn. Still trying though, mind over matter right.

Throw that shit out. Make a deal with yourself. If you eat one? No, if you even GRAB one you have to have a coworker punch you in the balls for serious. You're better than that. It's truly the most lazy thing man. All you have to do to cut weight is NOT do something? How lazy can you be to opt out of NOT doing something? Just trying to motivate you, not calling you lazy EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE TELLIN ME YOU ARRRRE

Seriously though, just treat it like a legitimate addiction and it's a long road, but you'll get there. Especially when it's so goddamn fun to go out with friends and overeat and have FUCKIN MINT SHAKES I WANT A MINT SHAKE FUCKKKK and such.

strobogo

Banned
Skinny.
Fat.
Ass.

I actually hate that I can't really discipline myself to diet. I mean, for the most part I've been good, but fuck it sucks when it's like "Oh I can't have XYZ because it has too many carbs" or some shit like that. I want to lose like 15-20 lbs, and I did it last year but I'm finding it hard to keep myself on track

Yeah, doing portions and making sure you're under certain amounts of carbs/calories is pretty awful. I find that if you just do a shit load of cardio, you can pretty much eat what you want with in reason. You'll lose the weight, just slower than if you did it the right way. If you can handle doing 3 hours on a stationary bike (not necessarily all at once, mind you), you can still eat pizza and chips and you'll start losing weight unless you go crazy and eat double of what you normally eat. Normal shitty diet + a lot of cardio = Slow weight loss. If you live alone, the best thing to do is basically throw everything out that isn't veggies, fruit, and lean meats. Get rid of all that food. If it isn't opened, give to friends or a food bank or something. The biggest challenge I've had in my dieting/weight loss is that having access to the shitty food. It's fucking hard to try to stay on diet when the person or people you live with bring home donuts once a week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every day is a challenge. Unless you're on a particular diet that goes to pieces if you "lose" one day (like mine, I don't feel like spending 3 days getting back to ketosis if I break it) - but if you're just doing low calorie?

Track EVERYTHING you eat. Don't fuck about. Track it. Find your maintenance weight. You can estimate it just based on how fat you are, but it won't be specific enough - but it is a starting point. Find out your rough maint calories, cut it back by, oh, say...depending on your weight, I dunno.

My maintenance cals are over 3500 daily. I'm a giant of a man too. But the thing was I was puttin away 6k calories, daily, because I started to give no fucks and enjoyed life too much. So I put a stop to that shit.

Don't UNDEReat.

Track EVERYTHING and don't try to come out ahead too far or you might fuck your body up and it may change what it's trying to do. You DO need to feed the beast. You do NOT need to exercise. Doing diet + exercise is a recipe for failure for many people. Just do one. Diet. Better focus. Feel like shit? Stay in bed.

You can, but it is a slow process. I am a firm believer in that you should focus on one or the other.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try to put on 10 pounds of muscle by the end of May. Doesn't seem too unrealistic. And then I'll cut for a while. I think I need to finally post in fitnessGaf so I can get some help.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, doing portions and making sure you're under certain amounts of carbs/calories is pretty awful. I find that if you just do a shit load of cardio, you can pretty much eat what you want with in reason. You'll lose the weight, just slower than if you did it the right way. If you can handle doing 3 hours on a stationary bike (not necessarily all at once, mind you), you can still eat pizza and chips and you'll start losing weight unless you go crazy and eat double of what you normally eat. Normal shitty diet + a lot of cardio = Slow weight loss. If you live alone, the best thing to do is basically throw everything out that isn't veggies, fruit, and lean meats. Get rid of all that food. If it isn't opened, give to friends or a food bank or something. The biggest challenge I've had in my dieting/weight loss is that having access to the shitty food. It's fucking hard to try to stay on diet when the person or people you live with bring home donuts once a week.

My fridge and cupboards are basically only my necessary meals: Breakfast (Eggs/Bacon, Coffee), Lunch (Wrap, Luncheon Meat, lettuce), Dinner (Chicken Breast, Caesar Salad Stuff, Lettuce)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I think I'm gonna try to put on 10 pounds of muscle by the end of May. Doesn't seem too unrealistic. And then I'll cut for a while. I think I need to finally post in fitnessGaf so I can get some help.

By far for me the key was bringing my lunch to work. I would go bananas at lunch because it was my one escape from work, and I felt like I needed to spoil myself. "Fuck, 2 combos at Arbys? Let's get fucking stupid, throw a milkshake in there, I need to enjoy my hour away from work." Stupid.

Can't wait to do that again when it's time to bulk back up. I'm incredibly strong but this diet is making me a lot weaker. That's life.

Pavaloo

Throw that shit out. Make a deal with yourself. If you eat one? No, if you even GRAB one you have to have a coworker punch you in the balls for serious. You're better than that. It's truly the most lazy thing man. All you have to do to cut weight is NOT do something? How lazy can you be to opt out of NOT doing something? Just trying to motivate you, not calling you lazy EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE TELLIN ME YOU ARRRRE

Seriously though, just treat it like a legitimate addiction and it's a long road, but you'll get there. Especially when it's so goddamn fun to go out with friends and overeat and have FUCKIN MINT SHAKES I WANT A MINT SHAKE FUCKKKK and such.

Thanks for the encouragement Sun. Definitely need to treat it that way to whip my ass in gear. Motivated! Tomorrow's a new day and a fresh start. *Preps my fitness pal*

How long have you been training? Because putting 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months is damn near impossible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the encouragement Sun. Definitely need to treat it that way to whip my ass in gear. Motivated! Tomorrow's a new day and a fresh start. *Preps my fitness pal*

Just don't live this evening as if it's your last day of eating right, that'll make the withdrawal much worse. Live normal tonight, then get psyched tomorrow.

Pavaloo

By far for me the key was bringing my lunch to work. I would go bananas at lunch because it was my one escape from work, and I felt like I needed to spoil myself. "Fuck, 2 combos at Arbys? Let's get fucking stupid, throw a milkshake in there, I need to enjoy my hour away from work." Stupid.

Jesus that's basically me. Cutting that shit out asap.

Pavaloo

Just don't live this evening as if it's your last day of eating right, that'll make the withdrawal much worse. Live normal tonight, then get psyched tomorrow.

Yeah I'm not concerned about this evening. When I'm home it's always water and a home cooked meal. Temptation only seems to strike when I'm working or at lunch. I'll be lifting tonight too, so there will definitely be no fucking around. Speaking of which, watching Raw while lifting is pretty awesome.

edit: oops double post

Kaladin

I tend to hover between 200 and 207ish right now. My regular food is ok, but my main problem is my snacking habits. I've got to learn to eat better snack foods.....and slowly cut it out.

Paul Bearers sons are at RAW.

Maybe they are putting him in the HOF?

Might be a bit soon but he was a shoe in to get in down the road. I guess they might as well just do it now?

Aiii

So not worth it
Dear FitnessGAF,

You seem to have staged a hostile takeover of my WrassleGAF, i am fat and like fake sports, where am I to turn to now?

Best regards,
Aiii

Dear FitnessGAF,

You seem to have staged a hostile takeover of my WrassleGAF, i am fat and like fake sports, where am I to turn to now?

Best regards,
Aiii
Wrestlemania is right around the corner!

00370802-BB85-4591-B7CF-4B605F9CB7C7-3401-00000259D1A0B0D8_zpsca62bf1b.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I dropped 15 pounds from August through December as a result of eating a little less, not really cutting a lot of stuff out, and running for just 15-20 minutes a day. I gained back 5 pounds over a month of holidays and no running due to weather, but I just started running again 4 days ago. If I can get a net loss of 40 pounds (25-30 this year) between now and this December, I'll be a happy boy.

You don't need to stop eating things you like: just don't overeat, and get a bit of exercise, and you'll start seeing gradual progress.

Kaladin

If someone with the ability to gif things gets the Orlando Chikara show, there is something I want you to gif for me during the Tim Donst vs Archibald Peck match.

You will know.

I'm mostly looking at you bootaaay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear FitnessGAF,

Best regards,
Aiii

Dear Valued WrassleGAF Member Aiii,

Stay here. While some of us may be giving advice, none of us care if you are indeed fat. We're all pals. Fuck judging people. We're all pals.

Sincerely,

Sunny

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus that's basically me. Cutting that shit out asap.

Thing was I'd put on some Netflix or some shit and eat on my hour off. Now I bring plain-ass meat and cheese to work or something I cooked at home, I eat it within a couple minutes, and I spend my lunch hour playing either my Vita or 3DS. A tough thing for me was avoiding watching something while I ate. It's seriously the best pastime. So I'm focusing on games to keep my mind off the "watch and enjoy food" bit.

How long have you been training? Because putting 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months is damn near impossible.

Really? I've heard of people going SUPER hard and doing it in a little over a month. But I'm talking about a ridiculous amount of eating and training. So I figured 2 and a half months would be a bit more doable.

Anyway, I've been exercising daily for about 2 years now. I played football in high school and was in great shape but then once I graduated I fell apart. I got really gross once I started working at Gamestop because there was a Taco Bell right next to us and I'd eat that shit 5 days a week....and I'd eat a LOT each time. The year I spent working at Gamestop I went from weiging 150 lbs to being 198. What's funny is that once I quit I went down to 175 in about 3 months just from not eating that shit almost everyday. This was back in 2005 and I was just about that weight until 2008 when I became determined to lose that shit. Went from 170 down to 140 in a little over a month. It might have been quite unhealthy....who knows. Then I dated this girl for 3 years and of course I gained a ton of weight. Got up to 160 and then decided to get a gym membership. Been working out regularly since then.

Pavaloo

Thing was I'd put on some Netflix or some shit and eat on my hour off. Now I bring plain-ass meat and cheese to work or something I cooked at home, I eat it within a couple minutes, and I spend my lunch hour playing either my Vita or 3DS. A tough thing for me was avoiding watching something while I ate. It's seriously the best pastime. So I'm focusing on games to keep my mind off the "watch and enjoy food" bit.

Again, to a tee. I always find myself not eating and scrolling for minutes because I have to find something good to watch while I eat. I actually recently just started bringing my 3DS to work myself oddly enough. I saw it in my room and thought "I never play it and I'm running out of things to watch, why not try it at lunch" really glad I did this. Now I'm eating my lunch from home while working on the computer and then playing 3DS or battlefield on my lunch break instead of buying something to eat while I watch something. Now just got to fix those the snacking habbits and "reward" meals..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Again, to a tee. I always find myself not eating and scrolling for minutes because I have to find something good to watch while I eat. I actually recently just started bringing my 3DS to work myself oddly enough. I saw it in my room and thought "I never play it and I'm running out of things to watch, why not try it at lunch" really glad I did this. Now I'm eating my lunch from home while working on the computer and then playing 3DS or battlefield on my lunch break instead of buying something to eat while I watch something. Now just got to fix those the snacking habbits and "reward" meals..

There you go, we got this. If you're pretty lethargic after work and don't really LOVE going to the gym, I definitely recommend looking into a ketogenic diet - it's the best for sedentary people and you can get what's called Ketostix to see if it's working. I shed about 10 lbs my first week due to a lot of water weight and more, and it works very quickly. Read up on it, see if it's something you want.

I too know that "I'll let my food SIT until I find the right goddamn...show...to watch...where is the...fucking hell"

Then you take a bite and have something in your hand and the buffering appears and you get frustrated because your internet went out BUT GODDAMMIT MY HAND HAS FOOD IN IT and such. Yep...

I started a lifestyle change health wise about three weeks ago and I figure I'd run my plan past you guys. My main goal is to drop alot of pounds.

Monday through Friday I wake up and do the stationary bike for 20 minutes at a pretty intense pace at maximum incline. I then do about 10 to 15 minutes of push ups, crunches, and squats. For breakfast I have a kale shake that includes kale, baby spinash, carrots, celery, blueberrys, fish oil, green tea extract and naked juice. While at work I eat a greek yogurt, a power bar (detour to be more specific), and an a apple. After work I do about 20 minutes of kettle bells, squats, crunches, push ups, and a couple days a week I also bench. Dinner is a regular homecooked meal, usually pretty healthy though. If I want something sweet I've been eating honey nut cheerios.

I started a lifestyle change health wise about three weeks ago and I figure I'd run my plan past you guys.

Monday through Friday I wake up and do the stationary bike for 20 minutes at a pretty intense pace at maximum incline. I then do about 10 to 15 minutes of push ups, crunches, and squats. For breakfast I have a kale shake that includes kale, baby spinash, carrots, celery, blueberrys, fish oil, green tea extract and naked juice. While at work I eat a greek yogurt, a power bar (detour to be more specific), and an a apple. After work I do about 20 minutes of kettle bells, squats, crunches, push ups, and a couple days a week I also bench. Dinner is a regular homecooked meal, usually pretty healthy though. If I want something sweet I've been eating honey nut cheerios.

All these things and yet when I hang out with you you take me to melt and we eat obscene grilled cheese monstrosities!

That were delicious.

Since we're talking fitness.

DDP Yoga. On WK6 now. I 'feel' a little more toned, and I've lost 7lbs from somewhere, so something must be working. Generally, I'm just enjoying it, however that could be the swearing at DDP part. Some of those moves are just brutal within the context of the program.

Really? I've heard of people going SUPER hard and doing it in a little over a month. But I'm talking about a ridiculous amount of eating and training. So I figured 2 and a half months would be a bit more doable.

Anyway, I've been exercising daily for about 2 years now. I played football in high school and was in great shape but then once I graduated I fell apart. I got really gross once I started working at Gamestop because there was a Taco Bell right next to us and I'd eat that shit 5 days a week....and I'd eat a LOT each time. The year I spent working at Gamestop I went from weiging 150 lbs to being 198. What's funny is that once I quit I went down to 175 in about 3 months just from not eating that shit almost everyday. This was back in 2005 and I was just about that weight until 2008 when I became determined to lose that shit. Went from 170 down to 140 in a little over a month. It might have been quite unhealthy....who knows. Then I dated this girl for 3 years and of course I gained a ton of weight. Got up to 160 and then decided to get a gym membership. Been working out regularly since then.

If you are doings right, you gain around a pound a week. So even in 8 weeks, that is 8 lbs. However, even this isn't really possible because if that was the case, everyone would be able to put on 52 pounds of muscle a year. That just isn't going to happen.

People new to the gym and lifting can put on quite a bit of muscle. So if you are really new and just kinda fucked around until now, doing something like Starting Strength can really boost your linear gains and putting on 10 lbs in 2.5 months is easy. Hell, even more. As you become more and more experienced, just adding a few pound of solid muscle a month will be an achievement.

So in your case, I would just worry about eating right and lifting heavy. The rest will fall into place and yes, post in fitGaf. Their response will be: Read the OP, do starting strength, lift heavy, eat right, and ask questions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn MMA Community folks just got killed. You're all welcome here if you need it.

Top Bottom