• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

You really think it's going to be AJ and Jericho vs New Day for WM? There's still 4 RAW's before WM. I'm holding out hope that KO comes out and disrupts the bromance that AJ and Jericho are having.

No, but I don't think that and Owens/Show both end before Mania. 5-6 week builds for Mania happen all the time and you never see multiple people getting multiple feuds in that time span. Roster is nowhere near healthy enough to even manage that. It's as much of a fantasy as Bryan/Brock for last Mania was, and at some point it's unhealthy to be that out of touch. A million things aren't conspiring to magically work in the span of 1 week to change 4+ courses

Seeing the Youtube recaps right now and yeah, it's really fucking bad.

EDIT: And I just saw the finish between Banks and Lynch...what the fuck was that?? The double pin looked kind of bad when Zayn and Joe did it previously but holy crap, did tonight's version look horrible. Beyond horrible.
"They love nxt, so I'll give it to them. "

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
No, but I don't think that and Owens/Show both end before Mania. 5-6 week builds for Mania happen all the time and you never see multiple people getting multiple feuds in that time span. Roster is nowhere near healthy enough to even manage that. It's as much of a fantasy as Bryan/Brock for last Mania was, and at some point it's unhealthy to be that out of touch. A million things aren't conspiring to magically work in the span of 1 week to change 4+ courses

KO and Show could bury their feud on Smackdown tomorrow.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment aren't I?

When KO came out I saw a sign on raw proclaiming that AJ>Owens while he was walking to the ring and KO reacted to it. That and the rumor that it was going to be him vs AJ at MSG got my hopes up. My fantasy booking for WM is going to bite me in the ass and I'm going to become as disenfranchised as the rest of you.

Kaladin

Did they seriously copy the finish from NXT a few weeks ago with Becky and Sasha?

Seriously?

Also, has Lucha Underground showed up anywhere else yet?

Didn't know there was a new OT so oops, copy and pasting my posts here because I can.
I'm less than half way through Raw and OH MY SHAMELESS PROMOTION FUCKING GOD that Nattie shilling Subway segment!
WTF was up with the camera moving shit when Triple H was punching Ambrose on the announce table?

Sasha needs to cut down on doing that overly convoluted double knees off a push off spot, it looks like a counter and should be treated as such. When's the last time she did either of her double knees in the corner? Oh and LOL at repeating the damn finish NXT just used and doing it in a manner that made no sense. Ugh, main roster agents are the worst.

Striker

SHIT AHMED JUST PRP'D TAKER!
I loved that move.

Is Ambrose getting his ass kicked so much do anything to have anyone to truly get any emotion in his match against Brock? Makes no sense. Should have just done Lesnar-Reigns, Undertaker-Ambrose, and Shane fighting Triple H to control Raw.

UberTag

Ryback is gonna be the champ.

Book it
Will he be the champ? Nope.
Will he feud with Roman after Mania? Yep.

GAF turns on everyone eventually. Go back a few years and you'll see a lot of love for Bray, Ziggler, and the Usos. Now? Not so much. New Day is just going to be the latest in that trend.
I don't recall us ever liking the Usos. Stop spreading lies.

Why do you guys have hope that WWE will do anything good?
I've always assumed it's drugs. Anyone sane either quit watching or gave up any aspirations for hope long ago. Vince McMahon is Monokuma. All we know now is... DESPAIR.

Lol we have 4 more weeks of this same shit since the main event WM matches are already announced.

Here's hoping for a decent mid-card storyline in the coming weeks but if tonight's show is any indication, the next couple Raws are gonna be filler as fuck.
The midcard gets no storyline. All of the stories for Mania were kicked off last week. Nothing else of importance is in the works apart from generic multi-man matches to get everyone a Mania payday where they'll all face off in 50/50 matches or multi-man tag matches for the last two weeks of build. No feuds for anyone.

Remember that week everyone thought they were doing Styles/Owens at Mania

lol good times
I warned people not to get their hopes up. Not my fault if they didn't listen.

Anyone got a summary of RAW beyond that it was shit?

Owens isn't going to Mania, is he?
EVERYONE goes to Mania... well, everyone except for Titus O'Neil.

The Owens angle is filling time until they find a person for him to fight.

They have to fill nine matches including the Andre Rumble. They're not putting Owens in the Jobber Rumble when they have almost nobody else to fill the card.
I'm beginning to regret not taking you up on that bet from a couple weeks ago when I dared to suggest it.

I like the Usos. Non-ironically, I might add.
Uce, same.
dmSkpJP.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
The Uso's are one of those wrestlers I forget about any time they're not on my screen. When one is injured and they're off TV for a while I don't even notice they're gone.

Brinbe

The Usos are fine. They're capable of having great matches when given a chance. They're just stuck in the current creative malaise affecting the majority of the roster. They only suck because of the same reasons why everyone else sucks.

And then what? Book him like all their previous main event heels and him cut 15 minute opening promos on Raw while working most of the matches and nullifying the only redeemable quality he has which is his babyface comeback sequence?

It seems like an easy answer but Roman turning while still being a top heel would highlight all his flaws and take away his only strengths. The fact is he's not a main event talent. His perfect role was the hot tag comeback guy.
Who cares if it's an easy answer? It's the smart answer because that's the storyline being put out in front of you. React to what the audience is giving you and adjust from there. That's always been their problem. They ignore reality, ignore the audience and act everything out for Vince.

We already see that Ambrose is getting better, bigger and more sympathetic pops out there so, why not have him turn on Dean for any number of reasons and off you go on a good, hot feud. Then you can add Rollins to the mix whenever he returns.

I just think that Reigns is probably about a billion times better as a heel than whatever he's doing now. He's kinda like Batista in that way, people just like to to boo him.

Aiii

So not worth it
You actually can buy Lucha Underground legally now...

In the US. If not, you're still shit out of luck.

Ithil

Seeing the Youtube recaps right now and yeah, it's really fucking bad.

EDIT: And I just saw the finish between Banks and Lynch...what the fuck was that?? The double pin looked kind of bad when Zayn and Joe did it previously but holy crap, did tonight's version look horrible. Beyond horrible.

I believe the idea was that Sasha was woozy from being headbutted 10 times or so, hence why she fell back as well.
Of course, the commentary failed to call attention to this at any point. It's not as though that's their job or anything.

hamchan

I'm watching RAW on youtube and even then I'm skipping half the clips. Also Roman could not be on the show

Also lol @ trying to use Dean to get Roman over. Yeah that ain't gonna work for the crowd. They're going to cheer Ambrose. They're going to boo Triple H when he beats up Ambrose. They're going to boo Roman. They're going to cheer Triple H when he beats up Roman.

Ithil

I'm watching RAW on youtube and even then I'm skipping half the clips. Also Roman could not be on the show

Also lol @ trying to use Dean to get Roman over. Yeah that ain't gonna work for the crowd. They're going to cheer Ambrose. They're going to boo Triple H when he beats up Ambrose. They're going to boo Roman. They're going to cheer Triple H when he beats up Roman.

If anything it's gonna make it worse as the audience gets a look into what the feud would look like if there was someone they actually liked as HHH's opponent, and someone who can actually talk.

Aiii

So not worth it
Review-A-Raw just mentioned the next four cities for Raw up to Mania: Chicago, Philly, Pittsburgh and Brooklyn.

Poor Roman.

Zach

I'm to the Goldberg/Hogan Nitro! That was quick. No mention at all last Nitro. Apparently announced at the preceding Thunder out of the blue (biggest Thunder moment?!). Must be in response to ratings/the reaction to the horrible Nitro last week. Bischoff's talk show segment, Hogan's long-winded promo, the DDP/Karl Malone cringefest... so bad.

Raw64life

Ryback should come to the ring with a foot long sub in each hand. At some point in a match he's getting his ass kicked. He makes a desperation move to buy some time, then crawls to the corner of the ring, grabs the sub and takes a huge bite. It acts like Popeye getting his spinach and he makes a comeback and wins.

RBH

I'm to the Goldberg/Hogan Nitro! That was quick. No mention at all last Nitro. Apparently announced at the preceding Thunder out of the blue (biggest Thunder moment?!). Must be in response to ratings/the reaction to the horrible Nitro last week. Bischoff's talk show segment, Hogan's long-winded promo, the DDP/Karl Malone cringefest... so bad.

:O

Top Bottom