• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I believe the idea was that Sasha was woozy from being headbutted 10 times or so, hence why she fell back as well.
Of course, the commentary failed to call attention to this at any point. It's not as though that's their job or anything.

I guess that's probably what they were going for but of course as you said, the commentary failed to actually sell it even though they should effectively be the narrators of the story that's being told in the ring otherwise they're useless which they are.

Your loss?
I'm ok:

I'm to the Goldberg/Hogan Nitro! That was quick. No mention at all last Nitro. Apparently announced at the preceding Thunder out of the blue (biggest Thunder moment?!). Must be in response to ratings/the reaction to the horrible Nitro last week. Bischoff's talk show segment, Hogan's long-winded promo, the DDP/Karl Malone cringefest... so bad.
What month/year did you start watching? I started a 97-2000 nitro/raw/ecw/ppv watch the other day. I'm in feb 97.

klonere

Banned
Judging off Youtube, that was a pretty fucking awful Raw, except for a good segment with Dean and HHH and a great Steph promo (!!).

Really enjoyed Taker's explanation of his involvement in the match which was. Of course making sure that AJ has a solid program to a singles match with an opponent that can keep up with him, in a star solidifying performance is another notch in their belt. Nice to see that Owens is being put over Big Show conclusively, it really elevates him and the belt. Kalisto's victory over Del Rio is getting the attention it deserves he was really picking up momentum in the last while.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zach

I'm ok:

What month/year did you start watching? I started a 97-2000 nitro/raw/ecw/ppv watch the other day. I'm in feb 97.
I started with WrestleMania I. I've watched every WCW/WWF/ECW PPV/Clash/SNME, fast-forwarded through much of the early RAWs, and have watched (kinda, because sometimes it's just on in the background) every Monday Night Wars Nitro/RAW.

And here I am... in July '98.

Mahonay

Banned
Someone on Reddit counted the camera cuts in the main event of RAW last night. 161 camera cuts. Average of one every 3.3 seconds.

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone on Reddit counted the camera cuts in the main event of RAW last night. 161 camera cuts. Average of one every 3.3 seconds.

Sounds pretty normal for anything. One every 3.3 seconds seems normal.

Fox318

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

Everyone in charge thinks wrestling is boring.

If HHH could convince people to watch bodybuilding instead of wrestling NXT would be nothing but people doing overhead presses.

Mahonay

Banned
Sounds pretty normal for anything. One every 3.3 seconds seems normal.
That means there was pretty much no extended ring shot to make sense of what's actually going on. Personally I'd least, I'd prefer to have a reference point between the camera cuts.

But you're right, for RAW that actually seems about right when I think about it.

Brinbe

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

This was the worst, up there with the rapid cuts when Dean made his brief comeback in the ring. It's TNA levels of needless shakycam bad.

Fox318

Better yet in today's world maybe a punching beatdown like that doesn't work anymore.

Its like when somebody does some chair shots. 1 or maybe 3 work but anything past that reminds your brain that this is fake.

HHH should have slapped him or something. Something that was physical but in a way that was supposed to humiliate him instead of straight up kill him.

Maybe its the Brock character but you almost never see him have punching somebody on the ground for long periods of time.

Having something short and sweet with impact works better but their product is based on trying to create 4 hours of TV every monday.

Mahonay

Banned
Better yet in today's world maybe a punching beatdown like that doesn't work anymore.

Its like when somebody does some chair shots. 1 or maybe 3 work but anything past that reminds your brain that this is fake.

HHH should have slapped him or something. Something that was physical but in a way that was supposed to humiliate him instead of straight up kill him.

Maybe its the Brock character but you almost never see him have punching somebody on the ground for long periods of time.

Having something short and sweet with impact works better but their product is based on trying to create 4 hours of TV every monday.
Well it could have been worse. At least Haitch can throw pretty ok working punches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That means there was pretty much no extended ring shot to make sense of what's actually going on. Personally I'd least, I'd prefer to have a reference point between the camera cuts.

But you're right, for RAW that actually seems about right when I think about it.

The cuts don't bother me like the shaky zoom does. I guess Reddit will complain about anything!

Mahonay

Banned
The cuts don't bother me like the shaky zoom does. I guess Reddit will complain about anything!
The cuts bother me greatly.

It's ok and GOOD to do cuts on certain moves that would otherwise look pretty weak in a straight on shot. It's another thing to just cut constantly for the sake of cutting.

Curious to see what what else they book on there. And Toronto? Crowd should be good.

Early card announcements had Sheamus vs Roman and Brock Lesnar vs. Luke Harper. Don't know what will stick. Dean was originally scheduled for the Atlantic City show that night and obviously got moved.

I think there is a Highlight Reel planned with the New Day as well.

It's not at the Air Canada Centre. It's at Ricoh so the crowd will be a lot smaller but it should be loud.

Glad I bought tickets early.

Mahonay

Banned
Early card announcements had Sheamus vs Roman and Brock Lesnar vs. Luke Harper. Don't know what will stick. Dean was originally scheduled for the Atlantic City show that night and obviously got moved.

I think there is a Highlight Reel planned with the New Day as well.

It's not at the Air Canada Centre. It's at Ricoh so the crowd will be a lot smaller but it should be loud.

Glad I bought tickets early.
Sheamus vs Roman
64f523187ad52cb27b37204c378a8c7e.jpg

Brock vs Harper, and it's not a squash match, gimme.
tumblr_o1ty6mrHMe1sfgulqo1_500.gif

Sephzilla

The WrassleGAF SFV tournament should be added to the OP

Unnecessary cuts and shaky cam are about equal for me. I don't need WWE looking like Taken 3. In short, I actually like seeing the image.

UberTag

Curious to see what what else they book on there. And Toronto? Crowd should be good.
I'm betting the crowd will be motivated to give a strong impression given that they've been deprived of WWE-branded cards of any significance for close to a decade.

I am worried we won't get Brock vs. Luke now that they aren't feuding. Though, with Dean in the main event against Trips they need to give him something to do.

It could be a really good test for Luke Harper and he's definitely worthy of it. I hope it sticks.

Roman vs. Sheamus is snack time.

I'm betting the crowd will be motivated to give a strong impression given that they've been deprived of WWE-branded cards of any significance for close to a decade.

Apparently the cost to put shows on at the ACC is ridiculous so I guess this is the compromise instead of regular house shows all the time.

Aiii

So not worth it

#PleaseFireKevinDunn

Some idiot actually spend time COUNTING the camera cuts in a match on Raw.

What the flying fuck are you doing with your life, you Reddit tosser? Jesus fuck, if you hate it this much, go do literally anything else, you twat.

Stop watching Raw if you don't like it. That's the solution. Not to count fucking camera cuts. Jesus Christ.

Ithil

They just need better looking punches. When Brock does his ground and pound, it looks great.

They just need better looking punches. When Brock does his ground and pound, it looks great.
Ryborg did us all a favour last night. That old school Batista ground and pound from his silent but deadly days. They need to figure out what direction they're taking him in. He just randomly does shit without any reason at times now.

Mahonay

Banned

What the flying fuck are you doing with your life, you Reddit tosser? Jesus fuck, if you hate it this much, go do literally anything else, you twat.

Stop watching Raw if you don't like it. That's the solution. Not to count fucking camera cuts. Jesus Christ.
I mean yeah, I just choose not to watch it at all. Guess he wanted to make a point of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

#PleaseFireKevinDunn
LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

The reason they do that is because it look really fake if you don't and can see the kind of "punches" haitch is throwing.

I miss happy Aiii, he'd never curse up a storm like this.
Though yes it is an odd usage on ones time.

Mahonay

Banned
The reason they do that is because it look really fake if you don't and can see the kind of "punches" haitch is throwing.
The way he has Ambrose laid perfectly on the table looks fucking stupid. They should have just had HHH tackle Dean over the table and then pummel him with punches while down on the ground, not in direct sight. Stone Cold did that all the time and it looked great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unnecessary cuts and shaky cam are about equal for me. I don't need WWE looking like Taken 3. In short, I actually like seeing the image.

How do you suffer through most music videos?

Colby Lopez is competing in the 2016 Crossfit games.

http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/108169

Surprised that WWE is letting Rollins compete, but from what I understand, his numbers are not impressive at the moment. Perhaps it might be good rehab for him though.

He may just want to do it because people like to do things too :)

Top Bottom