• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The way he has him perfectly laid on the table looks fucking stupid. They should have just had HHH tackle Dean over the table and then pummel him with punches while down on the ground, not in direct sight. Stone Cold did that all the time and it looked great.

The actual answer is to not do punch flurries. Just do forearms if they're standing and then throw them into stuff.

Gurrry

Yeah Raw last night was bad.

First of all, theres no way Dean wins against HHH. Theyve already started promoting Reigns vs HHH. And what are they gonna do, let Dean have 2 matches at WM?

Second, wtf was that undertaker segment?

"Hey everyone! Undertaker is on raw next week! You dont wanna miss it! Hes gonna explain whats going on!"

What does he do? Gives us his long ass 2 minute intro, then says 1 sentence and leaves. Didnt explain shit. The fucking Subway ad from Natalia was longer than Undertakers segment.

Finally, please end Y2AJ before WM. Not that its a horrible tag team... but New Day is the best tag team. They dont deserve to lose the belt no matter how bad ass AJ is.

Give AJ his singles match with KO and this WM card will start to shape up into a decent card.

Also - did anyone feel that weird awkward silence moment with Vince after he gave his final speech? It was almost like he was soaking up the environment one last time before he loses the company or something. Idk, it felt weird.

Ithil

Because they're like half power shoot punches. I believe that's how he opened up Taker in Hell in a Cell.

I don't mean the ones he hit outside the ring when he took his glove off, those were specifically done to open up Taker. I just mean his regular ground and pound, he did some in the ring in that match. I'm sure he hits snugly to say the least, but they look actually dangerous instead of a joke like most punching in WWE.

Punches hurt in real life, punches knock you out or smash up your face in real life, but they're like filler between moves in WWE, I never got that. They aren't even sold like they hurt, so why even do them? It's why it works well in New Japan to normally only do forearms or slaps, close fist punches are against the rules so when they break them out in a match it gets a big reaction usually and actually is made to look like it did a lot of damage.

Kaladin

God I hope WWE Roadblock is a way for them to call an audible on Triple H vs Roman as a one one one match.

Please?

So what happens with WWE? Raw never gets better, Vince sells the company, the new owners run it into the ground, the death of wrestling as we die old smarks?

Zach

Some idiot actually spend time COUNTING the camera cuts in a match on Raw.

What the flying fuck are you doing with your life, you Reddit tosser? Jesus fuck, if you hate it this much, go do literally anything else, you twat.

Stop watching Raw if you don't like it. That's the solution. Not to count fucking camera cuts. Jesus Christ.

"Don't criticize the things you like. Love it or leave it, brother." - NeoGAF user Aiii

Yeah Raw last night was bad.

First of all, theres no way Dean wins against HHH. Theyve already started promoting Reigns vs HHH. And what are they gonna do, let Dean have 2 matches at WM?

Second, wtf was that undertaker segment?

"Hey everyone! Undertaker is on raw next week! You dont wanna miss it! Hes gonna explain whats going on!"

What does he do? Gives us his long ass 2 minute intro, then says 1 sentence and leaves. Didnt explain shit. The fucking Subway ad from Natalia was longer than Undertakers segment.

Finally, please end Y2AJ before WM. Not that its a horrible tag team... but New Day is the best tag team. They dont deserve to lose the belt no matter how bad ass AJ is.

Give AJ his singles match with KO and this WM card will start to shape up into a decent card.

Also - did anyone feel that weird awkward silence moment with Vince after he gave his final speech? It was almost like he was soaking up the environment one last time before he loses the company or something. Idk, it felt weird.
Your first point, some made a brilliant post. What if Dean wins there to set up a fatal four way match to rival the craptastic ppv from 16 years ago 😁

Mahonay

Banned
I don't mean the ones he hit outside the ring when he took his glove off, those were specifically done to open up Taker. I just mean his regular ground and pound, he did some in the ring in that match. I'm sure he hits snugly to say the least, but they look actually dangerous instead of a joke like most punching in WWE.

Punches hurt in real life, punches knock you out or smash up your face in real life, but they're like filler between moves in WWE, I never got that. They aren't even sold like they hurt, so why even do them? It's why it works well in New Japan to normally only do forearms or slaps, close fist punches are against the rules so when they break them out in a match it gets a big reaction usually and actually is made to look like it did a lot of damage.
Couldn't agree more. I think JR doesn't realize why he hates closed fists in wrestling so much. It's because they look fucking stupid and heinously fake 95 percent of the time. There's only a handful of guys in WWE that ever knew how to deliver convincing and hard hitting punches. Steve Austin stands out in particular. He laid into his shit. He had to in order to not make Stone Cold look like a guy who throws punches like a bitch. Even when Brock is not throwing shoot punches, like you said, he makes it look good, he makes contact. And other guys like Daniel Bryan, turned to stiff elbows to deliver something that looks more hard hitting than a regular working punch.

If the guy you're working worth doesn't want to take the occasional potato from working punches, just don't do them in the match. Weak ass shadow punches take me out of it immediately.

God I hope WWE Roadblock is a way for them to call an audible on Triple H vs Roman as a one one one match.

Please?

Dean winning could theoretically set up a fatal 4-way since Brock is already set to face Dean and Roman won number one contender at Fastlane. Throw in Trips rematch clause.

I'm not sure how any of this would be better though.

Oh wait
A McMahon in every corner.

I seriously doubt this will happen though.

Dean shouldn't be champ going into Mania.

Gurrry

Your first point, some made a brilliant post. What if Dean wins there to set up a fatal four way match to rival the craptastic ppv from 16 years ago ��

Oh god please no. I hate fatal 4-ways and triple threat matches. 90% of the time, theyre god awful.

Maybe its WWE's plan to make the raw's leading up to WM be so bad that once Shane wins and takes control, we really see a drastic improvement.

lol

Good Camara work you say

vi5oK9v.gif

tumblr_nop8zn0dWz1sbzhteo1_400.gif

B18aFWN.gif

hxW22Q2.gif

Gurrry

I also think its hilarious that they pretty much did a copy and paste job on the ending from last week, but actually got the reaction they wanted because it was Dean getting the beat down instead of Roman.

Honestly, I just see this angle as them trying to create heat on HHH through Dean because they cant do it with Roman.

Oh god please no. I hate fatal 4-ways and triple threat matches. 90% of the time, theyre god awful.

Maybe its WWE's plan to make the raw's leading up to WM be so bad that once Shane wins and takes control, we really see a drastic improvement.

lol

They don't have to go out of their way to make Raw bad. Just keep doing what they're doing.

lol
Triple threats and fatal 4 ways kinda depreciate the main events imo. It's like they don't know what the fuck they want to do. Crazy thing is, if didn't start until the s-i-l got involved as before Vince was totally against them.

Mahonay

Banned
I also think its hilarious that they pretty much did a copy and paste job on the ending from last week, but actually got the reaction they wanted because it was Dean getting the beat down instead of Roman.

Honestly, I just see them trying to create heat on HHH through Dean because they have completely failed when trying to get heat on him through Roman.
Yerp. And if they think any heat HHH gets against Dean right now will carry over to the Mania title match, to the point that Roman actually gets cheered as a face over HHH, they are fucking enormous idiots.

Cagey

Banned
Still main eventing WrestleMania.
En2Fdxz.gif

tumblr_nxgx0t2L3S1tqjisao6_250.gif

You guys are the best.

The reason they do that is because it look really fake if you don't and can see the kind of "punches" haitch is throwing.

The punches were Ambrose-tier, which was apropos, but that specific camera situation was nauseating. Not "oh it was bad, vomit" but "this is physically uncomfortable to watch."

One of the few times the camerawork was so bad it was noticeable to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Counting the amount of camera cuts is not criticism, it's obsessive behaviour at best.

The thing is, the person doing that was rubbing their grimy little meathooks spitting a ultra-nerd half-lisp through a mist of broken Pringles saying "THIS IS GOING TO GET ME SO MANY UPVOTES BECAUSE I EXPOSED HOW SHITTY THE WWE IS!"

You counted camera cuts on a wrestling product you hatewatch. Do better.

Zach

Counting the amount of camera cuts is not criticism, it's obsessive behaviour at best.

I don't agree.

Dude likes wrasslin'. Dude dislikes camerawork in WWE. Dude decides to use his free time to count camera cuts in WWE to make a point, and highlight the excessive use of cuts.

Why can't someone do that? Who are you to say that's a bad use of his time? Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

But as the Super Grades guy, maybe I just empathize with "obsessive behaviour".
Get the "u" out. brother.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roster is pretty shallow at the moment. I don't see how you can pull it off and the Andre Battle Royal.

You could just do it like last year's IC belt with less people. If you put say, Jericho, AJ, Owens, Ryback or something, you could fill it and put all of those guys to work.

Gurrry

The only way Roman winning the title at WM becomes good is if on Monday he comes out and starts bitching at the crowd for always booing him and hes goes full heel.

But we all know it wont happen.

shaowebb

The actual answer is to not do punch flurries. Just do forearms if they're standing and then throw them into stuff.

This. Figured this out early in training. Punches are hard to mask and fake. Either throw em to the gut or dont bother...they just dont give you enough room to mask them when you pull them. Forearms are the BEST tool to fake strikes with. Even thrown stiff you wont injure unless you are trying to kill folks because of how much surface area and meat is there to distribute the force of the blow. Backfists by the way can work but use the area BELOW your wrist to hit them not your knuckle otherwise you'll "TOOF" someone like AJ.

Well Road Block can explain why we are getting all these garbage storylines right now. Maybe actual WM build will start after for everything else besides the main event. Did the Rusev bodyslam challenge happen last night or was it kicked from the show?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
You could just do it like last year's IC belt with less people. If you put say, Jericho, AJ, Owens, Ryback or something, you could fill it and put all of those guys to work.

At this point I am assuming Jericho/AJ will be fighting New Day, although I really hope I am wrong about that. I guess there's always the League of Nations to fill out a match.

I zipped through it last night, the only thing in 3 hours I enjoyed was watching AJ, Dean being 100 times better last night. I thought he was a little less twitchy, and his lines like HHH Thank you were excellently placed.

I just don't understand why you would have a hot angle like last week, and then keep Shane off the show. Stephanie and Vince did nothing to advance it, they just recapped it.

I hate when they do stuff like this, and they do it all the time.

Otherwise it was a pretty bad RAW

4/10

Angry Grimace

I like how they invented a new "PPV" to cover for Roman not being around to build to his own WM Main Event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man that Steph promo last night was one of the best.

Top Bottom