• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Just a random thought here.. why did WWE fire Hulk Hogan for racist remarks, but Steve Austin still had a job after it came out that he committed domestic abuse multiple times against Debra? Was he reprimanded for it?

It wasn't multiple times. It was just once. And that happened after Austin had already walked out refusing to job to Brock Lesnar.

Edit: It turns out there was another incident with another woman in March 2004. No clue on that one.

Fox318

I think someone in creative constantly saying "we dont want them to turn out like the Nexus" was what kept The Shield going for as long as it did.
Didn't they also keep them away from cena for the most part?

Anyone who jobs to cena in a big feud or at a big show isn't going to remain viable.

They still book like they can send somebody on rental to Mexico or Japan like nobody would notice in that regard.

LU season 3 taping saw a nonwrestler related debut

The debut of this fabulous fucking shirt

7ZazFnA.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

oddjobs

Friday can't come soon enough. Don't really give a shit about this year's Wrestlemania, it's all about that YEAOH for me.

I don't think I've ever been this amped for a match with pretty much zero buildup.

Friday can't come soon enough. Don't really give a shit about this year's Wrestlemania, it's all about that YEAOH for me.

I don't think I've ever been this amped for a match with pretty much zero buildup.

I'm psyched to see his new entrance music. Apparently he immediately loved it.

shaowebb

Spots like that don't work because the audience isn't educated that real fighters are taught to always look at their opponent and try to look through hits.

Which is odd that they have shoot fighters teaching them shoot punches.

Id rather see more chops and more creative hits.
I wouldn't call going through that a "spot".
My god the Don Frye fight is so legendary... Apparently him and Takayama had gotten into some kind of pissing contest of saying the other guy wasn't tough and didn't know what tough was. When they squared off it was just unspoken anger and trying to prove that they could take more than the other man. It wasn't a fight or a match. It was two men caught up in anger and violence. They just hooked in and wouldn't let go. At one point I think Takayama was goin out of the corner and Frye pulled himself and Takayama back into the corner because there wasn't going to be any seperating. Two round and they just kept hooking up and doing it.

One of the craziest bouts ever in MMA. Takayama was super fucked up by the end. I believe the two were straight up bros after that. They loved the shit outta each other last I heard. Respect was earned.

Here. Enjoy. Its crazy.

LOL

“Wha’ you talkin’ bout, bro? Khali retorted, his accent as thick as his upper torso.

“Don’t play that innocent bullshit with me! I’ve told you before to stop stealing my stuff. You can’t do any of it properly anyway, because you’re the fucking shit!”

Khali stared at him stoically and replied, “You are the shit too, bro

Barrage

Well. 2000 doesn't exactly start with a bang. HHH and Stephanie are in-i'm not exaggerating-EVERY SEGMENT. As in, they comment after every match. Oh, and there's also not one, but two garbage comedy sketches. Starring HHH.

But I am still impressed with how focused they had everyone. They have more direction for The Kat/Terri/Not Hot Tori then half the divas today. And an incredibly booked Kurt Angle/Kane match.

Oh, and Stephanie Mcmahon may have been the hottest woman in the world at this point. She sounds like Rachel Bloom from Crazy Ex Girlfriend.

klonere

Banned
I get why they did it (PG and whatnot) but still, meh.

EDIT: So who is in charge of the OTs? I'd like to do the NXT Takeover one, and since it will have English commentary, I'd like to give NJPW Invasion Attack a shot.

1916 is arguably on the same level as Bloody Sunday as a traumatic event in Irish history though :p

I was gonna make the NXT OT but seeing as I won't be able to post in the thread as the event happens, you can go for it bud.

Tagyhag

Maybe they're saving him for when they have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel for fillers and the "big" nominee.

But...The Godfather.

Did they say when the Progress and Evolve World Cruiserweight series qualifier matches were taking place?

Evolve's show after WM weekend is on May 6; if they hold the qualifier match in that weekend's show, which is not in NYC or Florida, it could help them draw in a fairly new territory for Evolve.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact that he said competitor instead of worker should have been a #deadgiveaway

According to people who have seen him say stuff at house shows, apparently his gimmick is reverse Baron Corbin, where he acts like a shitheel who thinks he's the best because he's an indie darling.

klonere

Banned
According to people who have seen him say stuff at house shows, apparently his gimmick is reverse Baron Corbin, where he acts like a shitheel who thinks he's the best because he's an indie darling.

That's a pretty great gimmick considering it fits his style perfectly. The NXT audience hasn't had a lot of exposure to grapplefuck stuff so they'll probably hate it from the off, it's not flashy indie gif friendly material. It can also look super vicious if done right.

Does wwe try to work something out with LU?

LU have a cable deal on American TV, the others do not. WWE more than likely view them as a minor direct competitor. Besides a bunch of contract stuff would undoubtedly have to be worked out with the exclusivity deals both sides no doubt.

Top Bottom