• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

PCW didn't particular handle EC3 cancelling wth great grace and you can tell in his response he isn't best pleased.

Wonder where else will get these qualifying matches

RBH

Ric Flair talks about his match with Undertaker from WrestleMania 18:

Recently on WOOOOO! Nation, two-time WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair talked extensively about his WrestleMania 18 match with The Undertaker.

When Flair returned to WWE in the fall of 2001, he was not going to be used as an in-ring performer. A couple of months later, Flair would find himself in a street fight with Vince McMahon at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. According to Flair, The Undertaker asked to work with him at WrestleMania a few weeks later and Triple H broke the news to him shortly thereafter.

"Hunter walks out to me at [WWE Monday Night] RAW about a month [after WWE Royal Rumble] and says, 'Taker wants to work with you at 'Mania.' I said, 'what?' I mean, I was in shock, right, that he would [want to]. He said, 'yeah, well, Taker wants to work with you at WrestleMania.' And I said, 'my God, I'm overwhelmed. That's great.'" Flair continued, "I was just thrilled. I never dreamed that I would even be in that spot again because when I told him I'd come back [to WWE], I thought I was never going to wrestle. It ended up, obviously, being part of my legacy, wrestling all those matches."

When asked whether Flair prefers the somber 'deadman' version of The Undertaker or the Limp Bizkit loving Bikertaker, Flair went with the former.

"I like the original Undertaker better, but he pulls this off too. He said, 'I just got tired of it.' And he likes motorcycles. Like, it didn't change the persona of him. I mean, he didn't change his work or anything. He just changed the look a little bit and he just was great."

Unlike Flair's WrestleMania 8 contest with 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, which took days to orchestrate, Flair said that he and The Undertaker, along with Michael Hayes and Arn Anderson, worked out the match the day of WrestleMania and most of it was called in the ring.

"He and I, we just talked out there [in the ring]. Does that make sense? I mean, we had an outline, but I had worked with him a lot in the 90s, so we were really familiar with each other."

Although Flair admitted that he would have liked to have wrestled 'The Phenom' when 'The Nature Boy' was in his prime, he acknowledged that the two of them put on "one hell of a match" together, nonetheless, and that The Undertaker selling Flair's offense made all the difference.

"I would have loved to have worked with him when I was, like, 35 or something like that. I could've really given him a match, but this worked out pretty good." Flair added, "he sold the crap out of stuff for me. That's what got the match over because nobody thought I would be able to do anything with him. But when he let me get him down on the ground, he let me get on him good."

According to Flair, he was paid in Canadian dollars for WrestleMania 18, which was broadcast live from Toronto, Canada.

"Well, the difference is, remember, this is in Canada. And so, at that time, we got paid in Canadian dollars. I actually made more money wrestling Randy [Savage at WrestleMania 8 in Indianapolis, Indiana] than I did wrestling this match."

klonere

Banned
PROGRESS introducing a HOSS division title is A+.

608go5X.gif

I FUCKING CALLED IT

but yeah, should be great for PROGRESS. Less great, that TLC match fell TO PIECES

b3cC8re.gif

klonere

Banned
Seeing as it's one European company and one American company I wouldn't be surprised if something like Dragon Gate, W-1 or Z1 is the last promotion for qualifiers.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did someone fail to catch him while doing a high spot?

not 100% confirmed he coulda be selling but sounds like he looked bad

The Miz may have suffered a leg injury at tonight's WWE live event in Richmond, Virginia.

After his win over Jack Swagger by pinfall, Miz was put in the Patriot Lock but our correspondent in attendance noted that it looked like Miz legitimately hurt himself. He went straight to the back and was limping badly. Another user on Twitter wrote, "Miz broke something."

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...injury-at-tonight-wwe-live-event-in-richmond/

CekaE67W8AAVjxU.jpg

CekaEzuWsAAltCR.jpg

Does wwe try to work something out with LU?

What in the hell is RyuKyu Dragon? Never heard of it and I have no idea who the promotion on the bottom right is? As for the WWE GCS I would think you have to include both a Japanese and a Mexican promotion of you are marketing as a Global tourney. With AAA supposedly hurting financially I could see them loaning out a guy or two just to expose their brand more. Would also really enjoy seeing Dragon Gate be a part of this.

Wrestle 1 it is. It still could be DG, they are very much their own thing and Crews came over from there. I mean

Cima is crazy and all

Wrestle-1, Michinoku Pro, DeNA, All Japan (lol), and DDT are all still out there. If they go after Ibushi, it could open the door to DDT.

klonere

Banned
lmao that ending to the Evolve 56 main event

I guess they watched Shamrock/Gracie at Bellator

First time seeing a whole bunch of guys and was pretty impressed all round. If it wasn't $15 a pop, questionable video quality and a really shitty video player I'd probably spend a lot more time watching Evolve. I enjoy the grapplefuck style a lot even though I haven't got the best background in it beyond Avengers23's amazing writeup of it.

Very impressed by Gulak and Thatcher, while they don't look amazing or have stand out gimmicks, they play their roles very effectively. Both have that aura of being tough, no nonsense fighters. Thatcher in particular made the main event aftermath with his fantastic facial expressions and body language. Matt Riddle looks exactly like the kind of guy who got kicked out of the UFC for smoking too much weed, a total piece of shit jacked up surfer stoner. If he can talk he'll be scooped up by WWE very soon.

klonere

Banned
PROGRESS hosting the qualifying for the Cruiserweight tourney can only mean one thing.

Mark Haskins has to win. I demand it so he can
never get to use any of his cool moves and stiff strikes
get more American exposure. He's my number 1 wrestler at the moment for match consistency.

e6aBQ91.gif

DEFINITELY won't be using that in NXT :(

What in the hell is RyuKyu Dragon? Never heard of it and I have no idea who the promotion on the bottom right is? As for the WWE GCS I would think you have to include both a Japanese and a Mexican promotion of you are marketing as a Global tourney. With AAA supposedly hurting financially I could see them loaning out a guy or two just to expose their brand more. Would also really enjoy seeing Dragon Gate be a part of this.

It sounds like a grimy Okinawa indie: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=1228&page=8

not 100% confirmed he coulda be selling but sounds like he looked bad

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...injury-at-tonight-wwe-live-event-in-richmond/
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/714159856773496832

Stop getting worked kids.
Blue, did you get to where Vince pissed his pants in the ring yet? Did I miss that post?
Fuck Shane and Austin in their candy ass. It's fine, Stone Cold will get his like the stooges did.

klonere

Banned
You know who wants the top spot that damn bad?

Seth.

Seth wants that spot.

Because it's his.

#Reclaim #Rebuild #Redesign

DM we need a new theme for Seth when he comes back, we can't have him coming out to CFO$ worst creation. Can't have a HHH at MSG like return with that riff repeating for 7 minutes, we need a proper song. I propose this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_qI_F2ZJI

It's already been licensed for a Takeover, lyrics fit perfectly, one of Seth's favorite bands and is hype as fuck.

DMczaf

DM we need a new theme for Seth when he comes back, we can't have him coming out to CFO$ worst creation. Can't have a HHH at MSG like return with that riff repeating for 7 minutes, we need a proper song. I propose this here:

It's already been licensed for a Takeover, lyrics fit perfectly, one of Seth's favorite bands and is hype as fuck.

I dig it.

You know what other theme would be perfect for a Seth babyface return and also secretly (to standard WWE fans at least) piss off a former employee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CJ6WhvgRE

How the fuck did Tiger beat Al Snow when Babu was the man he was fighting? Fucking stupid. And I don't care about Sable working out, that doesn't enhance wrestling skills.

Maybe it's because I watched Onryo wrestle in various grimy Indies a decade ago, but that sounds appealing to Me.

Billy Ken Kid appears in a lot of the Cagematch results, so that had to be a seal of quality. Good luck tracking down footage though; I don't think even RealHero uploads their shows.

shanafan

Did Seth ever use this version of his theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEPDvMAiTI

One of my favorite OST!

Barrage

Flair's podcast is so strange. Like his story with Bruce Prichard talking about Rock and Triple H being jealous of each other. Often how they would go off-script and get personal with another.

The Rock. Jealous of Triple H.

Which led me to Rock's promo at Fully Loaded '99: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-b1uhnF0SI

They would take potshots for sure. The RAW I just saw has HHH opening with "hey Rock, there's an old lady in the back who wants her jacket back"

To be fair, Rock did look like Halle Berry in the Flinstones, but still

lmao that ending to the Evolve 56 main event

I guess they watched Shamrock/Gracie at Bellator

First time seeing a whole bunch of guys and was pretty impressed all round. If it wasn't $15 a pop, questionable video quality and a really shitty video player I'd probably spend a lot more time watching Evolve. I enjoy the grapplefuck style a lot even though I haven't got the best background in it beyond Avengers23's amazing writeup of it.

Very impressed by Gulak and Thatcher, while they don't look amazing or have stand out gimmicks, they play their roles very effectively. Both have that aura of being tough, no nonsense fighters. Thatcher in particular made the main event aftermath with his fantastic facial expressions and body language. Matt Riddle looks exactly like the kind of guy who got kicked out of the UFC for smoking too much weed, a total piece of shit jacked up surfer stoner. If he can talk he'll be scooped up by WWE very soon.

The crowds have been hot for Evolve in NYC (in admittedly small venues), and it really helps that the shows are brisk once they start. Thatcher's selling makes the style work; he looks exhausted at the end of the matches to show how hard the match was, which also helps elevate his opponent.

Fat Hero is the unrecognized MVP in Evolve though. He doesn't get top of the card honors, but his matches are consistently good.

klonere

Banned

Ayyy I think Hell March 2 would work as well, given the need for some bombast.

The crowds have been hot for Evolve in NYC (in admittedly small venues), and it really helps that the shows are brisk once they start. Thatcher's selling makes the style work; he looks exhausted at the end of the matches to show how hard the match was, which also helps elevate his opponent.

Fat Hero is the unrecognized MVP in Evolve though. He doesn't get top of the card honors, but his matches are consistently good.

Yeah I mentioned Fat Hero before and how good his match was. His commentary was also excellent (as usual). I don't think he really needs the belt oddly enough, he feels special enough as is, that's just to me though, not being familiar with a lot of the other Evolve regulars.

Did Seth ever use this version of his theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEPDvMAiTI

No it was always the really shitty, flatly produced version of the theme he used. The one you posted is way better but it's still something I would have listened to on some bedroom djent producers Soundcloud in 2010. Def not a theme befitting of da man Sef.

Top Bottom