• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

UberTag

Who? Stardust? You want Stardust right? How about Stardust without any storyline? STYARRRDUST!

raw was crap
Cody longs for the days when his WrestleMania build actually focused on him jobbing the IC title to The Big Show in a squash match.

The circle is now complete

330.gif
Seeing Sin Cara rolling is the definitive moment in this gif.

Anth0ny

garbage go home show and garbage build to this mania

but we all said the same thing last year and somehow they produced a decent show. so we'll see.

maybe the show goes off the air with roman heel turn and forming a samoan super heel group with the usos, joe and the rock

FyreWulff

The great mystery of modern WWE. They have 3+ hours of Raw to fill every week but never have enough time to introduce and develop new (or returning) wrestlers.

Nobody is actually allowed to be a character anymore.

Like, the guys have slight characters, but they don't interact or do anything or ever progress. The women? They don't even GET to be characters! They're all basically given the gimmick of "generic CAW woman mad at other woman because women am i right?"

Barrage

"Why isnt sami/owens a singles match"

Theres your answer. Hottest crowd in months and his ass isnt over.

Damn, that match died hard tho. You cant give guys that much time and have no stakes, it doesnt work.

Roman will get booed at Mania and all, but it's the Raw after Mania crowd that I'm excited for.

The absolute best part of this build is how the Authority is practically spelling out "Please Cheer Roman"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think they are going to execute the turn at Mania to save the show.

ElRenoRaven

You know. I don't like how everyone keeps referring to Daniel Bryan in the past tense on this episode of 24. Everyone loved Bryan. Bryan was great. Etc Etc. You'd think the guy is dead or something.

ElRenoRaven

Not going to lie, I miss cena quite a bit.

Cena is alright. I mean the guy isn't great in the ring but he tries somewhat. He can't help it that he's been booked to be Superman for so long. I certainly don't hate him. In fact for all he does outside the ring and shit I respect the hell out of him.

Yea but it's the phrases like everyone loved him. Etc. He's not dead. Did they quit loving the guy? Did they quit giving a shit about the guy? It just doesn't set right with me for some reason. It's weird.

If anything, I'm surprised they're playing it off like they always supported him. You sure couldn't tell that from the years it took to give him an actual title reign where he was treated like he mattered (so no, that WHC reign that resulted in 18 seconds doesn't count)

ElRenoRaven

If anything, I'm surprised they're playing it off like they always supported him. You sure couldn't tell that from the years it took to give him an actual title reign where he was treated like he mattered (so no, that WHC reign that resulted in 18 seconds doesn't count)

Well yea that bugs the hell out of me too. You'd think that Vince and them pushed the hell out of him because they wanted to. They hated every second of it. They only did it because the fans demanded it to the point that if they didn't it was going to be hell for them.

Zabka

Nobody is actually allowed to be a character anymore.

Like, the guys have slight characters, but they don't interact or do anything or ever progress. The women? They don't even GET to be characters! They're all basically given the gimmick of "generic CAW woman mad at other woman because women am i right?"

Was this Emma's first time back on WWE TV? They barely even acknowledged it.

It's so strange to me the way they just dump NXT people in there, assume their heat/popularity will carry over but never use any of that footage to help build these people up.

Indelible

Terrible build up to Wrestlemania but that really isn't surprising, Roman needs more than a good look for people to care about him.

Was this Emma's first time back on WWE TV? They barely even acknowledged it.

It's so strange to me the way they just dump NXT people in there, assume their heat/popularity will carry over but never use any of that footage to help build these people up.

She made her return last week on Main Event

Top Bottom