• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

justjim89

This Bryan special... the tears sting so badly.

Also, we absolutely deserved more Henry/Bryan segments. That's a friendship I'd love to see. Henry and Bryan's brief WHC feud was so good during the Hall of Pain days. It could have gone all the way to Wrestlemania.

You still have to spend your free time. That's time you could be using doing something else.

Then again, if you just spent 3 hours watching RAW well...

I spent 30 minutes. The rest I spent watching 2 episodes of Deadwood and going out to get some marshmallows in 25 mph winds

Vince cursed Mania and the weather. Northeast pls :'[

Fuck all this, what was the "major" story that was supposed to leak today?

Brandon Stroud allegedly stole naked pics of a female wrestler from her phone and is sleazy towards women in the biz in general. FWIW the accusations come from some people who apparently have had it out for him for some time.

This Bryan special... the tears sting so badly.

Also, we absolutely deserved more Henry/Bryan segments. That's a friendship I'd love to see. Henry and Bryan's brief WHC feud was so good during the Hall of Pain days. It could have gone all the way to Wrestlemania.

Wish there was more backstage stuff and less recap, but I'm sure they shot a shit ton of stuff for another DVD or something.

Ceo3tTYW8AAxcfy.jpg:large
The skinnest geek could toss a muscular bone head. Look at Booker and Batista. Case closed. And we know Shane is really from the streets.

WRESTLEMANIA 32:
WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
TRIPLE H (C) VS ROMAN REIGNS

HELL IN A CELL MATCH
SHANE MCMAHON VS THE UNDERTAKER

NO HOLDS BARRED STREET FIGHT
DEAN AMBROSE VS BROCK LESNAR

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
CHARLOTTE (C) VS SASHA BANKS VS BECKY LYNCH

CHRIS JERICHO VS AJ STYLES

LADDER MATCH - INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
KEVIN OWENS (C) VS SIN CARA VS THE MIZ VS ZACK RYDER VS STARDUST VS SAMI ZAYN VS DOLPH ZIGGLER

THE NEW DAY VS THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
KALISTO (C) VS RYBACK

PRE-SHOW:
20-MAN ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

THE USOS VS THE DUDLEY BOYZ

BRIE BELLA, ALICIA FOX, EVA MARIE, NATALYA, & PAIGE VS EMMA, LANA, NAOMI, SUMMER RAE, & TAMINA

Legendary awful card. Might be an all time low.

Where is Paige?

Good ole Stephanie ruining HHH's pop once again. Then again trips looks soft in a suit. Even Mark Cuban rarely wears a suit..

Shame. He sports a fine 'stache. Your avatar gives me fond nostalgia pangs.

Thanks. I hoping for a Cody stache run too. I may have to steal Marty McBlue's Time Machine to venture back the Stache era

She's right there....on the pre-show

If they treat a main roster redebut and a main roster debut, simultaneously, on a 4 hour regular show, by putting it on the free 2 hour Youtube/USA/Network portion...holy shit

I don't think that division's ever recovering. Holy shit. You can't even get anybody in the company to care about the thing for longer than 3 consecutive months

Fox318

That's everyone on the roster unless you are a chosen golden boy like Reigns.

His main card wrestlemania debut featured him working 8 seconds in a squash to get the other guy over.

Bryan's career is the biggest example for how creative has been out of touch since Wrestlemania 23?

They did everything possible to get rid of him and even fired him for something had a chosen one done nobody would have said anything.

The whole thing is just sad.

His main card wrestlemania debut featured him working 8 seconds in a squash to get the other guy over.

Bryan's career is the biggest example for how creative has been out of touch since Wrestlemania 23?

They did everything possible to get rid of him and even fired him for something had a chosen one done nobody would have said anything.

The whole thing is just sad.

You forgot the virgin gimmick at the beginning too.

and even fired him for something had a chosen one done nobody would have said anything.

This is the only thing I can't agree with. Sponsors were legit shook by that Justin Roberts tie thing (admittedly due to the camera close up angle, just poorly placed), and at least 2 threatened to pull out if something wasn't done. Anybody else in Bryan's spot would have been fired or suspended, and Vince deserves some kudos for basically saying "I have to do this, but you'll be allowed back as soon as this blows over". It took like 6 months or so, but he kept his word, and with how he treated him ever since, in hindsight that's surprising.

If Titus had done that, I don't think he'd be coming back. Hell, I still don't think he's coming back.

Fox318

Bryan felt so real in an era where nothing in wrestling (outside of maybe Brock) feels real anymore.

Authenticity and genuineness should be something that is accentuated in art and in sport and while I understand that the origins of wrestling is a carny like Vince trying to fool and swindle the audience into believing that the fight is real or that the steroid racist does everything right because he takes his vitimens and says his prayers but there is nothing stopping wrestling from having a greater sense of truth to it.

Wrestling should always feel bigger and better, stars are born, feuds are made, talent is free to shine.

Instead when everyone watches Wrestlemania there will only be 1 thought in their head

It used to be better, it used to be real.

This is the only thing I can't agree with. Sponsors were legit shook by that Justin Roberts tie thing (admittedly due to the camera close up angle, just poorly placed), and at least 2 threatened to pull out if something wasn't done. Anybody else in Bryan's spot would have been fired or suspended, and Vince deserves some kudos for basically saying "I have to do this, but you'll be allowed back as soon as this blows over". It took like 6 months or so, but he kept his word, and with how he treated him ever since, in hindsight that's surprising.

If Titus had done that, I don't think he'd be coming back. Hell, I still don't think he's coming back.

Wasn't it Patterson and Cena that had to convince Vince to get Bryan back? Like they were legit trying real hard?

Bryan felt so real in an era where nothing in wrestling (outside of maybe Brock) feels real anymore.

Authenticity and genuineness should be something that is accentuated in art and in sport and while I understand that the origins of wrestling is a carny like Vince trying to fool and swindle the audience into believing that the fight is real or that the steroid racist does everything right because he takes his vitimens and says his prayers but there is nothing stopping wrestling from having a greater sense of truth to it.

Wrestling should always feel bigger and better, stars are born, feuds are made, talent is free to shine.

Instead when everyone watches Wrestlemania there will only be 1 thought in their head

It used to be better, it used to be real.

dnodS.gif

Wasn't it Patterson and Cena that had to convince Vince to get Bryan back? Like they were legit trying real hard?

Don't know about trying real hard, but yeah.

I honestly don't recall that. I always was under the impression, from what I heard, that Vince genuinely felt bad about having to fire him over that incident and he would be welcomed back eventually. I think maybe doing it for Summerslam and having him in the main event needed convincing, though

Fox318

I honestly don't recall that. I always was under the impression, from what I heard, that Vince genuinely felt bad about having to fire him over that incident and he would be welcomed back eventually. I think maybe doing it for Summerslam and having him in the main event needed convincing, though

Larunitise fired his ass and was shocked when Bryan was ok with it.

He told him the year in WWE he made less money and now he was gonna make a ton more outside due to the exposure of WWE.

He probably would have been in NJPW wrestling those matches with AJ and Nakamura had he not resigned with the WWE.

And for all we know with how they protect people with tag matches and a lighter schedule with less travel maybe he still would be wrestling today.

I still have no idea why bryan insisted to to that dive and headbutt.

What incident?

If you had told me in December Eva and Reigns would stand tall in a Mania, I'd have thought you were smoking some pretty illegal stuff.

What incident?

Basically in the Nexus debut when they tore shit up, Bryan choked ring announcer Justin Roberts with a tie and it was sold pretty grossly with Justin's eye popping and the camera closing up on the scene. Sponsors reacted to it the way you'd think, some threatened to pull out if something wasn't done, and Bryan was canned that week

ed: Yeah that ^^

Top Bottom