• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ziggler deserved his WHC run to be an actual run. Maybe he would have been a boring champ. Maybe he would have thrived in that position. They didn't give him the chance to find out and they should have.

His entrance when he was champ was great by the way. Wearing the belt on his ass for his entrance looked really cool.

KingBroly

Banned
Ziggler deserved his WHC run to be an actual run. Maybe he would have been a boring champ. Maybe he would have thrived in that position. They didn't give him the chance to find out and they should have.

His entrance when he was champ was great by the way. Wearing the belt on his ass for his entrance looked really cool.

He got a concussion almost immediately after he won it, though.

Brinbe

I might be biased since I was there to see Ziggs cash it in, but I still think he is and was great and he had an amazing thing going with AJ/Big E. Unfortunately, he got concussed by Del Rio at the wrong time and wasn't able to build upon the biggest success of his career.

To say he isn't hungry or not one of those ppl grabbing for that brass ring is the most stupid and absurd thing ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKMODAb2Ajg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dA1x4LbAoE

He's a victim of bad booking and terrible writing. And he's achieved what he's achieved because he's just damn good at what he does. He makes the other guy look like a million bucks, no matter who he fights.

PlasticFabulousDugong.gif

What the fuck was that?

You guys say WTF, I say what a way to adapt to a situation. Its called thinking on your feet, and is part of psychology

Its a devastating move, and can be applied at any time.

You never see it coming.

orioto

Good Art™
The thing is, Ziggler can certainly wrestle, and he can certainly ACT and deliver a promo. he can do all of that.

BUT his personality is zero. he doesn't translate as a character, at all.

The only way they could have him worked was giving him a fictional character, and i mean something far from him. And a HEEL character. They just had to go a little farther than what they did.

They could have used the whole showbiz, gigolo stuff wayyy more. having him being super rick flarish with feathers and lights everywhere. The thing is Miz has that gimmick already. But honestly Ziggler could have done a lot with that, rick martel / john morrisson type of over the top narcissist. And they could have used his "connections" in "hollywood" to have all sort of stories. Hell, back then they would have had a story with him making his way to the top using his "good for business" connections in the bizness, having a semi-star girlfriend who would help etc... (There was the Vickie thing but he looked like a baby boy with his mama the whole damn time..)

I mean the difference between someone like Ziggler, and older stars with bigger than life gimicks, that are remembered better now, is that they had a character. They just had to let Ziggler be a little more than what he is.

This makes me so fucking angry, I'm oing to have to go for a drive. The only positive is that her troll apologists don't even have anything to say for once.

All those haters. Her in-ring psychology is second-to-none. She totally outwitted that New Jersey reject, and this is what happens.

I'm sick of WMs in FL. Pick somewhere else, please.

As someone who's been to 6 of the last 7 Florida for Mania is great. It's nice to be in a good climate during the week. Miami may not have been a great Mania but it was my favorite all around experience.

New Jersey was full on balls as a location. 45 degrees and rain for Mania was the shits.

Laws00

I like Dolph Ziggler but like a lot of people have said he is just THERE now.

He got a concussion and that just put up a red flag, but then I don't know how many times he gotten them or says he's gotten them.

People seem to say that HHH and some other guy (whos name i cant remember) have had more concussions than he had and had tittle shots

KingBroly

Banned
Ziggler can wrestle, but has nothing else. He doesn't know a damn thing about pacing or in-ring psychology. It's all about doing cool shit all the time for 10-15 minutes. It's boring after a while.

RBH

That opening video with Undertaker's HIAC highlights being overlayed by JR's commentary was pretty great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Shane wants to really get over, he should just mention Roman sucking and see how the crowd reacts

Top Bottom