• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
sick burn bro

sqgqlaf.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hogan's worked himself into the ultimate shoot, Terry Bollea simply does not exist anymore.

This would make a great sequel for The Wrestler.

Kaladin

Hogan was asked about his issues with his first wife Linda that led to their divorce. He told of some personality conflicts about three years of the marriage. The major issues happened after they did a reality series for VH-1. Hogan said the initial VH-1 special was "Hulk Hogan: Stage Dad" which he did to help his daughter's music. They wanted a reality series like "The Osbournes" or "The Kardashians" and he explained to his family that they would lose a lot the anonymity that he has lost and it was going to be real work all day. He said he wanted to do the show because he thought it would be good for his marriage. He said his wife was basically at a point where she felt she had sacrificed for his career and wanted something for herself. So, he thought this was a chance for her to have something and everyone in the family wanted to do it.

Hogan was asked what it was like filming a show with no script. Hogan said he'd learn really quick that reality TV wasn't real TV. They would get a script with highlights of the theme they wanted to do and when they filmed, they would be instructed what to say. He said the reality TV series was "hoping for magic" by catching things but also told them what to say. Hogan said that he was in character the entire time he was on the show. He was being Hulk Hogan as a dad and interacting with the family, but it wasn't Terry Bollea, it was Hulk Hogan. He said it was "character driven."

Hogan testified that at first, the involvement really seemed to help Linda and she liked being involved and the job and the celebrity it provided. He felt that there were things she started not to like, like having to go to the studios to re-record her audio for the series.

Exposing the reality tv business.

This is where the jury is gonna be all sorts of confused. But Hulk basically has to say that Terry is the racist one. That's the real him.

But yeah. The brother jack dude doesn't even know who he is anymore.

edit: an excuse for this? maybe sure.

But is he defending Hulk or Terry? Or both?

Excuse may be the wrong word, but I feel he is going to really push the "I'm Hulk" thing to benefit his defense. This is not that different from people going to the mental health defense when on trial. Hogan needs help because the guy clearly can't re-adjust back to life, but this video was a long time ago and I don't think he's that messed up.

jmdajr

Excuse may be the wrong word, but I feel he is going to really push the "I'm Hulk" thing to benefit his defense. This is not that different from people going to the mental health defense when on trial. Hogan needs help because the guy clearly can't re-adjust back to life, but this video was a long time ago and I don't think he's that messed up.

I think the movie is gonna be great.

This may go down as an all time great babyface promo. Hulk Hogan is winning over the audience (the jury), gaining their sympy, saying his ex wife called him slow and old. Pretty soon he'll start crying, perhaps even faint when he walks off the stand and gig himself.

Gawker, you've already lost.

LOl.

Nekofrog

Banned
For those rewatching the Attitude era raws, wait until you get to early 1999 or so. The mean street posse's introduction and use as non performers is great when Brisco and Patterson come out to fight them to the biggest pop I've ever heard in my life (bigger than what Austin was even getting).

It's a literal squash match as the stooges just destroy the posse to the hottest crowd I've ever heard outside of Goldberg vs hogan on nitro. It was a fun match too, the stooges dropped the goofy act for that match and were so intense as they murdered the poor guys

For those rewatching the Attitude era raws, wait until you get to early 1999 or so. The mean street posse's introduction and use as non performers is great when Brisco and Patterson come out to fight them to the biggest pop I've ever heard in my life (bigger than what Austin was even getting).

It's a literal squash match as the stooges just destroy the posse to the hottest crowd I've ever heard outside of Goldberg vs hogan on nitro. It was a fun match too, the stooges dropped the goofy act for that match and were so intense as they murdered the poor guys
It was crazy. Especially since they spent the past 2 years being Vince's ass. That showed you that the crowds really dug into the heels and were against them. It didn't matter who it was, if you were against The McMahon's you were going to get a pop.

jmdajr

The news has been pretty busy with Trump, Nancy Reagan, Peyton Manning, Sharapova.

Hulk/Terry/Mr. America is an after thought. So he must be happy!

MG310

Watching New Japan Cup Day 1/2

I'm happy with how quickly Tama Tonga is moving into a better spot. Hopefully he can get a spot in the G1 this year instead of fucking Yujiro (as much as I love that saxaphone).

Top Bottom