• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kaladin

Yeah I been off and on with ROH. The only time I actually stayed in tune was when Steen held the company hostage. So pardon my ignorance :(.

No worries, if you haven't been watching in a while, you wouldn't expect it. Jay Briscoe was a surprise title win when he took it off Kevin Steen and his reign has been surprisingly good.

Fox318

Rewatching the Rumble triple threat match. Brock's Final Boss character is so God damn good. It's a damn shame this last year will be thrown away to coronate Big Daddy Cool Reigns

Reigns really is Kevin Nash, except he is a worse worker.

Why would you give a Briscoe the title...that's like giving Jay Uso the WWE championship.

A number of reasons; he's a great promo guy, popular with the audience and has a lot of history in ROH - Jay's an ROH original, wrestled on the very first show and started out as a singles competitor because Mark was too young to compete, including a very memorable world title cage match against Samoa Joe. I may think his personal opinions are abhorrent, but he's better than an interchangeable Uso in every single way.

"Ninjas"? Boots are you a juggalo?

God no! (Although I did own Great Malenko when it came out, but I was 13, so give me a break). I was referring to the invisible onion cutting ninjas who's presence could explain sudden teary eyedness.

Would like to see Uhaa's goodbye. Bigger and better things, hopefully.

It'll probably be on DM in a few hours, worth a watch as is the main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Addams Family pinball table is alright. I don't know if I'd call it the best ever - the Starship Troopers table is dope as fuck though.

Season 4 of Pinball Arcade has had some dope tables. What a great game.

DMczaf

I've been using Dope in my daily vernacular lately, and my younger friends keep calling me on it. Fuck you kids, Dope is still hip.

Who has the better hair flip?
tumblr_ngpphq27wy1qhwjmvo1_500.gif

RP912

Banned
All Reigns needs is pyro and better theme music rather than that hand me down Shield theme.

He'll be Diesel in no time.

Fox318

Speaking of Steve Austin who are the people doing what chants at events?

It has fucking ruined every show.

They were doing it on Lucha Underground...

Has anyone tried Alpha Brain? I hear from reputable sources it makes you alert, and helps you fire on all cylinders.

Swig a beer for the working man

DMczaf

Speaking of Steve Austin who are the people doing what chants at events?

It has fucking ruined every show.

They were doing it on Lucha Underground...

Meltzer's comment on this was pretty funny. It's brought up that the actor who's shook by the What chants has never had to deal with this kind of treatment as a stage actor and Meltzer says "Fortunately for him, Austin only ruined one form of entertainment."

Story from the latest MLW

When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you exactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away ause they didn't send enough and at the end of the night they're going "Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk's merchandise." Of course he did! Because you've puprosely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.

We've told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It's Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

Hasney

Story from the latest MLW

The man has serious control issues. It's like that Heyman story where he was pitching Vince his plans for Smackdown and for once, Vince wasn't arguing. heyman kept giving him more and giving him more while Vince nodded with Heyman thinking he was laying down the best work of his career.... Then Vince sneezes and talks about how he hates sneezing, because you can't control it.

I still never believe a story that involves a friend working anywhere, but at least it's consistent with other stories.

This is why I won't give Cena the respect some people say he deserves.

Look at the Rock for example.

Think about how many guys he put over.
Can you say the same for Cena?

Erm. The Rock just returned out of nowhere, ended CM Punk's title reign (much to Vince's pleasure), and departed. Cena works day in and day out, whereas The Rock won by virtue of what he did, rather than what he does.

And Kevin had a better look being a 6'9+ tall guy with a ridiculous physique. And he also didn't blow up the way Reigns does 5 minutes into every match.

I'm pretty sure that Roman will prove his similar levels of fragility to Nash (if he actually done proper-length matches for once), but not the similar levels of charisma, or presence... Or hair. Or even agility, for that matter.

Fox318

Erm. The Rock just returned out of nowhere, ended CM Punk's title reign (much to Vince's pleasure), and departed. Cena works day in and day out, whereas The Rock won by virtue of what he did, rather than what he does.

That's because Vince wanted Cena vs Rock II. You knew Cena and Vince were gonna get the win back and then some once Cena was pinned in Miami.

dream

"I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook. I don't like gays."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855

Nothing wrong with expressing one's opinion. There is a thread in OT that asks if people are spineless with their opinions, and the general consensus is that there is, in our contemporary period, there is a hivemind mentality that shouts down and shames dissenting opinions, like when wrestlinggaf bullies me for not liking "Full Sail University" people, or for categorizing Daniel Bryan fans as "Daniel Bryan fans." Although, as my good friend Data West points out, that quote is from a decade ago, I suspect that Brock would still espouse his opinions with the same courage and conviction today.

The idea with Cena is that he's some Bruno-like figure who elevates people simply by being involved in a program with them, except he's not. There are no Stan Hansen's making a name for themselves by breaking his neck, no Larry Zybysko's becoming the most hated villains in the country by betraying him, just a very long list of people he's wrestled and who the crowd have given up on. That's his legacy.

Also, thanks Quack. The reason KoT is your biggest show of the year is because it features outside talent, no ifs or buts about it.

Hasney

So I'm watching the Shield DVD extras and found out the last match on FCW ever was Ambrose V Regal with JR and Dusty on commentary to give it a big match feel... And Ambrose beats on him so hard to rip his ear off, get the match stopped with so much blood and take out half the roster who are trying to stop him.

Good way to go out.

EDIT: I also forgot Seth won the first NXT title by beating Jinder Mahal in the final of the tournament... :lol

Watching Impact for the first time in forever and I'd just like to know, what eyeless moron signed off on this cluttered, 90's-as-fuck visual style? Because, holy shit, that's so bad;

mVgbiDj.jpg

Top Bottom