• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Fox318

Watching Impact for the first time in forever and I'd just like to know, what eyeless moron signed off on this cluttered, 90's-as-fuck visual style? Because, holy shit, that's so bad;

mVgbiDj.jpg

Honestly on that channel the more carny they are the more they fit in.

dream

He's just stating his opinion about you with conviction. You called for it, get it and then play the bullying card. A jolly good time was had by all.

There are two big differences though. The first is that he is accusing me of being a bigot when I am not endorsing Brock's opinion. I am merely celebrating his willingness to express one. Like John Cena does with the WWE Universe.

The other is he is personally insulting me, which I believe is against NeoGAF's Terms of Service. I will ask for clarification on this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Impact for the first time in forever and I'd just like to know, what eyeless moron signed off on this cluttered, 90's-as-fuck visual style? Because, holy shit, that's so bad;

mVgbiDj.jpg

It looks like a menu for Resident Evil 6 without all the confirmation windows.

See what I mean about getting bullied by wrestlinggaf, Sunflower?

The way I stand on it all is that anyone who is truly expressing how they feel and earnestly putting it out there, that's an opportunity to try to understand and learn how people feel the way they do, which will improve things. Understanding our differences and talking through them, instead of dismissing them as "oh you're just a fuckface" are how we learn. While I share Pepsi's feelings of "UGH FUCK YOU" when people say things like that, it's tough to avoid that kneejerk reaction and instead, even though you may get burned, try to understand their point of view and keep them feeling the same way - because people CAN change, and every opportunity when you hear something that, to you, is ignorant - is an education opportunity to let people come to their own conclusion.

Bailed on Impact already, what a depressing show. Everyone looks like they know they're mired neck-deep in shit and that the only way from here on out is down.

kunonabi

mVgbiDj.jpg

The godawful pop up facts didn't help matters. I miss the old tna on ppv. It was still cheap looking but it wasn't the embarrassment that it is now.

Hasney

The only good thing I can consistently say when I'm linked to a TNA clip is that I still enjoy Josh Matthews.

dream

The way I stand on it all is that anyone who is truly expressing how they feel and earnestly putting it out there, that's an opportunity to try to understand and learn how people feel the way they do, which will improve things. Understanding our differences and talking through them, instead of dismissing them as "oh you're just a fuckface" are how we learn. While I share Pepsi's feelings of "UGH FUCK YOU" when people say things like that, it's tough to avoid that kneejerk reaction and instead, even though you may get burned, try to understand their point of view and keep them feeling the same way - because people CAN change, and every opportunity when you hear something that, to you, is ignorant - is an education opportunity to let people come to their own conclusion.

I agree with you, Sunflower, that earnest discourse is a far more productive form of education than derisive dismissal. I think we sometimes forget that beneath the layers of ideology, there is a shared humanity that unites us all, and I like to believe that people with abhorrent beliefs, like Brock had a decade ago, develop them from a position of ignorance rather than hatred.

That is why I am so disheartened by Perspicacity. I thought he was better than that.

jmdajr

According to TMZ.com, real life WWE couple Lana and Rusev have purchased a new home in Nashville, TN.

The house has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and sits on 11.56 acres of land. It also has a pond, hot rub, basketball court and more, and the couple paid just $644,000 for the home.

Wut????

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
According to TMZ.com, real life WWE couple Lana and Rusev have purchased a new home in Nashville, TN.

The house has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and sits on 11.56 acres of land. It also has a pond, hot rub, basketball court and more, and the couple paid just $644,000 for the home.

Wut????

I wonder if John Cena will bring this up tomorrow.

Also holy shit that is a nice house for that price. Guess I should move to Tennessee.

RP912

Banned
TNA got a better feel of a underground wrestling promotion than friggin Lucha Underground...and its by accident :/.

bjork

Story from the latest MLW

I am proof of that WM12 thing being true. Watched about 10 minutes or so and went, "well, if anything big happens, it'll be like 40 minutes from now" and went to go buy shirts and whatnot. Made it back for most of it, because it wasn't as if everyone suddenly left for the entire match, but I did leave for probablt 1/4 of it.

Then it ended up being a worse screwjob than Montreal. Damn you and your overtime that no one agreed to, Monsoon.

Wut????

Any good tech jobs in Tennessee? If not, I'll stay in the Bay Area.

Edit:

Good point raised in their news item: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/01/wwe-lana-rusev-buy-home-together-new-house-photos-nashville/

I wonder if John Cena will bring this up tomorrow.

Also holy shit that is a nice house for that price. Guess I should move to Tennessee.

My brother and his wife purchased an 18 acre spread is Alabama when he was there with the army. I don't know exactly what he paid but it was absurdly cheap by modern urban standards. Now he's out but there aren't any jobs in the area so he's actually at the house for maybe a month a year.

Hasney

lol, we need arrogant Reigns back. The one that was yelling at Rey at Survivor Series.

"Is this what you came all the way back for Rey? To get jobbed out?"

Who reviewed DKC?
It apparently got "the gold", more proof that WWE is all about that style over substance.
Good thing it became a top worker with the sequel, If only Reigns can pull that off in just one year.

I'd love to read a Vince McMahon (not Sunny Mac) game review, I'm just imagining some amazing game rage and excuse making for each failure, actually that sounds more like a lets play.

Pray for me. Might turn into a Bronie watching these toons with the 2 year old.
I'm thinking there's far worse kids shows you could've ended up watching, embrace the friendship, perhaps you'll leave with a fave five.

I think Bret/Shawn from WM12 would have been a lot better if it wasn't an Iron Man match. It really had no reason to be, what with them going 0-0. Could have just had a 60 minute match. Less predictable.

I would not be surprised at all if the extent of Vince McMahon's video game knowledge is super Mario bros and the annual roster permission sheets sent to 2K.

Guy is just that busy

Barrage

This is why I won't give Cena the respect some people say he deserves.

Look at the Rock for example.

Think about how many guys he put over.
Can you say the same for Cena?

...Huh?

Cena put over Bryan.
And CM Punk.
And RVD.
And Sheamus.
And Lesnar in a way that no other main eventer has allowed themselves to get beat in.

The Rock has not came CLOSE to putting as many people over as Cena.

When people try to act like Cena is this Hogan or HBK-like figure that never loses, it really shows as revisionist history.

I guarantee a few years after Cena retires people will be singing a different tune.

I think Bret/Shawn from WM12 would have been a lot better if it wasn't an Iron Man match. It really had no reason to be, what with them going 0-0. Could have just had a 60 minute match. Less predictable.
I'm pretty sure it was Bret's idea to do the 0-0 result, so there's that.

I Also remember there was a long period of time where the WWE really pushed that match as the greatest match of all time. Considering that people were leaving during that match that sounds like such a Vince thing to push.

Of course Vince pushed that match to high heaven, it's when THE MOST CHARISMATIC, FLAMBOYANT CHAMPION EVER SHAWN MICHAELS won the title

bjork

The coolest thing about going to WM12 was seeing Diesel hit two powerbombs on UT. Followed by Sunny, followed by Roddy Piper.

Vestal

...Huh?

Cena put over Bryan.
And CM Punk.
And RVD.
And Sheamus.
And Lesnar in a way that no other main eventer has allowed themselves to get beat in.

The Rock has not came CLOSE to putting as many people over as Cena.

When people try to act like Cena is this Hogan or HBK-like figure that never loses, it really shows as revisionist history.

I guarantee a few years after Cena retires people will be singing a different tune.

Incorrect. You fail to see how wrestling was booked back then compared to today. The biggest difference was that rock wasn't the only face being booked strong in that time. Not to mention that wwe actually had legit opponents to rock that were booked as strong as him. During the attitude era anyone from Angle, Austin, Taker, Kane, Foley, Benoit, Guerrero, Rock, HHH could hold the top spot, because they were booked accordingly and brought up with patience and smart booking. CM Punk along with Bryan broke out in spite the horrible booking.

In today's WWE, Bray could have been that guy last year, but he was fed to Cena. It looks like Rusev could be that next big star, but darn he is being fed to Cena.

Right now, in all honesty the only guy that has any semblance of booking that doesn't make him look like shit is Rollins. His match at RR and the quick knocking of the chair the night after was awesome.

Top Bottom