• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

rofl

Fox318

I'm convinced that WWE pushes the McMachon family and the brand with a sole wrestler(Cena) so they don't have to pay multiple guys.

Guys can't demand money if they are jobbing to Vince body guy favorites.

Toki767

I'm convinced that WWE pushes the McMachon family and the brand with a sole wrestler(Cena) so they don't have to pay multiple guys.

Guys can't demand money if they are jobbing to Vince body guy favorites.

That's definitely part of the reason, except this isn't the 80s anymore. People aren't going to hold up Vince for money the way it was done before.

That Batista match could have been done right if he didn't come out and shake the head HEEL's hand when he came back.

wrestling is usually at its hottest when you go with the hot hand its at its worst when you go off of bullet points.

Nash got the strap because he was the only tall guy around after guys were getting popped for steroids.

Reigns is the same.

Business did bad with Nash (I don't think their company had a worse year since)

So far business has been good with Reigns (company merch doing well, even if it isn't explicitly his that's doing the best; Network sales finally reached its goal, even though it's most certainly down by now)

zychi

Banned
That's definitely part of the reason, except this isn't the 80s anymore. People aren't going to hold up Vince for money the way it was done before.
Yup, people claim they cancel the network, still using it. Vince still making money off everyone paying their cable bill for Raw and subbing to the Network

Alucard

Banned
Man, ROH TV's production values are higher than usual on this week's episode. Big video entrance screen adds something.

Gonna join the rest of you shmoes for the last 15 minutes of the Raw overrun.

Fox318

So far business has been good with Reigns (company merch doing well, even if it isn't explicitly his that's doing the best; Network sales finally reached its goal, even though it's most certainly down by now)

they made a ton of budget cuts this year and the network probably won't retain many people unless they start upping original content even with NXT.

PPV is dying and the network isn't a bad bet but Raw and Smackdown ratings are down and have hit all time low numbers.

CDiggity

Another week, another Wyatt Mad Lib.

Even though we have (VERB, PAST) you with all these (PLURAL NOUN), (WRESTLER NAME), you are still (VERB, ENDING IN ING) upright. I admire your (NOUN), I really do. These people have (VERB, PAST) you, (WRESTLER NAME). They (VERB, PAST) you the same way that you (VERB, PAST) them, like a (NOUN) gathered to a flame. But I believe that you have forgotten who exactly is (VERB, ENDING IN ING) this inferno, (WRESTLER NAME). For I am more than just a (NOUN); I am a (NOUN).

WWE is still Cena's business. He sells the most merch and headlines house shows. The network only went over a million because they finally released in more markets.

Top Bottom