• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
Man, Goto's lariats and Ibushi's sells of them are really great in this match.

JPFuhqZ.gif

How come GAF's NJPW crew didn't sing the praises of this match? Very solid so far.

zychi

Banned
Have we been watching the same reigns the past year?? There's a reason he let Seth and dean tspk in the shield.
Yep. Until Meltzer revealed they were grooming Reigns for this WM, wrasslegaf loved him. Go find all the dbz style gifs and superman punch love he got. Once word got out DB wasnt main eventing wm again, iwc turned on reigns. Weirdly enough, most of wrasslegaf disliked seth more than roman until a few months ago

Yep. Rock had to deal with a guy who shows up on Raw once a month. Not the two biggest talkers on the show in Punk and Cena.

Reigns is talking to a ghost on tv. This would be terrible if the iwc's golden boy was in Reigns place. This buildup to Wrestlemania has been terrible besides Randy and Seth, half the feuds are missing competitor. Its not Romans fault hes stuck talking to a guy sitting at home every week.

Yes, because Rock never did promo's against guys who were not there...
Promo's that were a million times better than anything Reigns has ever done...
The fact that you are even arguing this is just embarrassing

Yep. Until Meltzer revealed they were grooming Reigns for this WM, wrasslegaf loved him. Go find all the dbz style gifs and superman punch love he got. Once word got out DB wasnt main eventing wm again, iwc turned on reigns. Weirdly enough, most of wrasslegaf disliked seth more than roman until a few months ago

I don't think we've been looking at the same threads.

Toki767

That seems like some silly revisionist history. Meltzer didn't have to tell us Reigns was main eventing Mania this year. We already figured it out last year.

If he didn't get injured, it would have made more sense. Issue is, roman was more over last summer than now. Now it just feels forced.

Heroman

Banned
Yeah no , people started hati g him when started talking and putting on boring matches.

Fox318

those PPV interviews KILLED him.

Those were horrible interviews that made him look like the company favored him over everyone else. Especially when Bryan is getting mainstream press with the robbery, Seahawks, and Giants coverage.

Then Reigns comes back with fairy tale promos and botches all over the place.

zychi

Banned
Yes, because Rock never did promo's against guys who were not there...
Promo's that were a million times better than anything Reigns has ever done...
The fact that you are even arguing this is just embarrassing
We're not talking about Prime Rock. The IWC and Meltzer werent that big back then. Talking strictly twice in a lifetime Rock who went against Cena and Punk

Threads were a lot more readable in general before this. Now you can't go 10 minutes without heroman misspelling begging you to understand Reigns is actually bad and Bryan is actually not a turd

Ithil

Yeah ok. I've disliked Reigns since he was Leakee in FCW.

Unlike Seth who is doing better on the mic and in the ring, Roman is dull once you get used to his five moves of dea--his five moves. The IWC turning on Roman was bound to happen eventually.

I wasn't aware that the IWC was a hivemind. Mind=Blown.

Fox318

We're not talking about Prime Rock. The IWC and Meltzer werent that big back then. Talking strictly twice in a lifetime Rock who went against Cena and Punk

they were around back then. Many hated Goldberg because he kept on beating internet favorites

those PPV interviews KILLED him.

Those were horrible interviews that made him look like the company favored him over everyone else. Especially when Bryan is getting mainstream press with the robbery, Seahawks, and Giants coverage.

Then Reigns comes back with fairy tale promos and botches all over the place.

This is why whoever said Reigns has gotten better was right.

It doesn't matter whether you love or hate him, you have to respect him, and you have to acknowledge he's come a long way from sadstaremidpromo.gif. That promo botch by all rights should have been a career killer.

Toki767

It doesn't matter whether you love or hate him, you have to respect him, and you have to acknowledge he's come a long way from sadstaremidpromo.gif. That promo botch by all rights should have been a career killer.

Career killer for anyone who isn't favored by Vince you mean.

Basically, you're cherry-picking to make your argument, and even then you're getting it wrong.

Yup, the goalposts are very narrow. And even then, watered-down Rock still shits all over Reigns.

Career killer for anyone who isn't favored by Vince you mean.

I wonder what would've happened to Cesaro if he botched his promos as badly as Reigns. Probably would've been made the drummer in the reformed Two Man Band.

Heroman

Banned
Threads were a lot more readable in general before this. Now you can't go 10 minutes without heroman misspelling begging you to understand Reigns is actually bad and Bryan is actually not a turd
Is it wrong for me to want a main event where the new champ won't get booed?

It doesn't matter whether you love or hate him, you have to respect him, and you have to acknowledge he's come a long way from sadstaremidpromo.gif.

I don't love or hate him. I'm indifferent. More indifferent than I've ever been at a main eventer.

And no, he has improved moderately at best. He is still boring in the ring and bad on the mic.

Dragula56

Neo Member
These guys in a 6 man on Raw are getting the biggest reactions of the night. How does Vince think they won't steal the show with ladders at wrestlemania?

Fox318

Reigns should be better than this if he is gonna main event mania. I'm sure most of the other guys on the roster could do better right now.

Only way Reigns could have been in the main event naturally was a Shield triple threat.

....John?

Ithil

I'm glad the guy main eventing WM managed to attain "below average" in a promo.

Alucard

Banned
Jesus Christ @ this fucking match. GAF, why didn't you tell me?!

LARIATOOOOO
2OGMjXT.gif

LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
WHKxWcl.gif

RED SHOES
7dic4Eu.gif

HNNNG
6Yq7QxC.gif

They just lariatoooooed the FUCK out of each other in this match. God DAMN. @_@ I...I might have to consider this another 5-star match. @_@ Need to re-watch it, but that was utterly tremendous. Wow.

Toki767

So Orton's getting beat down by the Authority in a swerve to end the show right? Cause if so I can probably just stop watching after this match and save myself some time.

Top Bottom